• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Drop Speedo/Tacho Bracket

If anyone happens to be reading through here and knows the diameter of the gauges on the V7III, I’d appreciate if you were willing to share that knowledge. I’m looking for aftermarket housings or DIY ideas, but I’m not finding anything that looks like it would work. By my best guess, I’d need something around 105mm diameter, and I can’t find anything that big on the market.

I'd be interested in this too, don't realy like the way the gauge(s) look when exposed.

Question...does anyone have any experience with removing the chrome that surrounds the cups? I would like to paint them to match my painted headlight chrome surround. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Those are typically one time pressed on... not saying it can't be removed, it just might cause damage and be rendered unusable if you do. If you figure out how to remove cleanly, please post.
If anyone happens to be reading through here and knows the diameter of the gauges on the V7III, I’d appreciate if you were willing to share that knowledge. I’m looking for aftermarket housings or DIY ideas, but I’m not finding anything that looks like it would work. By my best guess, I’d need something around 105mm diameter, and I can’t find anything that big on the market.
See Marc's post above, and as mentioned, if you are handy, you can remove them and cut/sand the excess off. Since I can now 3D print, I might be able to offer a solution to offer folks here. How many would purchase them, and/or how many here can 3D print?

Those are typically one time pressed on... not saying it can't be removed, it just might cause damage and be rendered unusable if you do. If you figure out how to remove cleanly, please post.

See Marc's post above, and as mentioned, if you are handy, you can remove them and cut/sand the excess off. Since I can now 3D print, I might be able to offer a solution to offer folks here. How many would purchase them, and/or how many here can 3D print?

I would certainly be interested in buying one. Can't print myself though.

I’d be interested if they were good quality, and inexpensive. I’ve regularly had prototypes 3D-printed using a few different Internet channels, and I am familiar with how (ridiculously) inexpensive it can be to have parts printed. In fact, that was the next avenue I was going to pursue...

The main thing is that if you offered a decent quality housing, made of UV resistant material, as only a minimal markup to the drop bracket, I’d almost definitely buy the package. Another option I think I’d like even better would just be to open source the design and link to it on the shop page for the bracket. No markup, and people can figure out how to get their own made if they want.

Question...does anyone have any experience with removing the chrome that surrounds the cups? I would like to paint them to match my painted headlight chrome surround. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can paint it with "Plasti dip paint", no need to disassemble. It is more easy and secure.

o4_46nFJelowPZVbSrFLLdXE8L_3RZVYkKjxQ2N2nR9KSH_lL3UsbiCIYrexN6IBPp8sHWE7WhbFx61Z9M_0v3p97ax_0W6CpEsLOCYD3C2G-iAo7RPqVpBQq_CymAk_jhSzCo4QufuCEVNNtfU_7YDDTCht2lMfX1nzAWbeB6-5O9dPIEHSZRJrAZOejOZwV5SgS_ZTEZEjM9LFCC7q5W2iwiZ45PQjqrNsDA0XVFkPwP-AntyX20otNbLrzrrQ-7L3JSzMaqwnyjzDquOh_tz0gkDGUP097suMH0R9YNkVYVSwr0S6_lDmm43eAeZprrcuLvcK7Dx8Qjwr4vgnvuaJkTh-OWvsm2RWM-ZCGXVF-N7MlEypj7jSoiHSly1vG_DqZ6RC3ZTQ0M77qF-p9FvWNcgMsNlT-6maOuR2bvuQTAbffz_5tc_vv0t-4EmfnBoWc0c1tpYflWZfeoArHImpSF0xzXbhMdZv3hzxpolw9yk6M4SOlA0-el2L2mQGaLZZtD4plCD8p77J1APC9U9u0OM5ivgWUBMNsAPLrSVDEwVJZhOvJOf39-Y3DMjqGYwR4OwqznHqRklYd3aOOobg_eTEdkYxeU_Fs-KfcFXWtQ1sM6BP0Jx8aVF_bPctDazDgLAbsDc6fuJKPSEKepl05y0e_hZIbkN8GKaRSs3fCaoIu9wyWuDUSVPuYje-f49PxrsFK7X1aEOFKYpBZry7k60XDwzhPaujEVIbv7ZBEwsWrQbfjJU=w1734-h975-no

Last edited:
For those with the single gauge drop bracket, I can confirm that the OEM housing from the V9 (part number 2B001223) is an almost straight fit. You'll have to slightly widen the cutout at the bottom of the housing to make it fit Todds bracket, and find a new location for the air temp sensor (but you'll have to do that regardless).

Last edited:
This is what it looks like with the cover from the V9.

IMG 20201101 132314 IMG 20201101 132253

Here is the cutout at the bottom of the cover that is meant to fit over the original bracket. It'll have to be widened a bit to make it fit over Todd's bracket.

IMG 20201101 133136

installed the drop bracket for the double pods on the V7 III. With some patience and some common tools found in the garage I was able to modify both halves of the factory housing to fit.
IMG 4649 IMG 4616

installed the drop bracket for the double pods on the V7 III. With some patience and some common tools found in the garage I was able to modify both halves of the factory housing to fit.
Looks GREAT(!). Well done. Thanks for posting the pics.

Is there any chance you could post some pictures showing the necessary modifications to make this happen?
Late reply here. But DeadEye sums it up.
get a dremel tool, a cut off wheel, and some sanding drums. With some patients and al lot of back and forth (don’t cut too much at once) you can guide yourself right into fitting it.

Here are some in process pics:

FC8CAE37 46A1 4003 80DC 798BA8DAC4BF 239AE2BC 1FC5 4BAE B6B6 B540401316EC FCD5F894 997C 4C88 AAF7 077CA0D88FFD F8DD8BDB 3DD6 4C53 943C 140368F007E4 4E2EC439 9838 491E 9D5E EB7C923B567B

I was a bit off when cutting the body from the base which necessitated a bit of extra texturing on the bottom surface, no one knows except me and All Y’all now...

PS: This isn’t something I would normally jump into, but I did and it turned out just fine !

This is what it looks like with the cover from the V9.
Here is the cutout at the bottom of the cover that is meant to fit over the original bracket. It'll have to be widened a bit to make it fit over Todd's bracket.

WAY easier than all my fiddling !
How much ? ( was my time worth ;) )

Why ? Doesn’t the V9 have the same setup for the back cover ?
(Eg: same screw holes .)
it was a PITA getting the temp sensor back where it belonged/fit in the hole !

I wasn’t quite paralle when I was cutting the cylinder from the mounting bracket, so I had more work to do on the underside.

Last edited:
Why ? Doesn’t the V9 have the same setup for back cover ?
(Eg: same screw holes .)
it was a PITA getting the temp sensor back where it belonged/fit in the hole !

For some odd reason, the V9 doesn't have a back cover at all.

I relocated the temp sensor, it now lives with the cables going down the left side of the frame.

Back