• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bolt/ screw sizing issue

Mr paul Wilson

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi everyone hope you are all well and keeping safe... Iam trying to fit some stainless injector guards...but I'am struggling with the size of the I presume ! HEX screws..see photo..have tried a T15 but it's to loose..hopefully they are not damaged from being removed before..can anyone point me to correct size

20200423 190705 20200423 190150

In the parts book it's called a hex socket screw, I would think an allen wrench 4mm or 3mm would work.

yes, we call them button head allens and maybe I should say spanner instead of wrench

My previous V9 had both Torx and Allen screws. Bloody annoying. Fortunately my current Stelvio has only Allen heads.
Re hammer comment just now. The good old no 8 wire approach from Kiwis eh?
In this part of the world we need to be innovative towards problem solving don't we ;)

Have tried a 4mm Allen key - too big..3mm is to small..but have managed to get the out side screw head undone with a S2 -20 Torx bit..fitted perfect...but still have a issue with inner screw as frame tube is restricting height

Attachments

• 20200424_133547.jpg
    20200424_133547.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1
Managed to get my stainless injector guards on... In the end I grinded off the 3rd mounting bracket hole "metal forks" that mount on the bolt that's restricted by the frame tube from removing.. As I think the 2 bolts on outside of intake manifold will hold it perfectly.. thanks for everyone's help.

20200424 150038

Managed to get my stainless injector guards on
Mind me asking what you paid for these? Any one else here reading this interested in a set?
I can CNC cut metals these days to anything like this people may want. Post below if you have an interest in these or anything else from metal.

Bit late now but.....apologies. My Stelvio does have Torx screws exactly where you are working. Both top and bottom both sides. Takes a T20 head. Only ones I can find on the machine but there may be more lurking somewhere. Suppose its because the throttle bodies are from an external supplier.
Must be suffering from a case of the Trumps while in lockdown. Talk first think second.
cheers

Re hammer comment just now. The good old no 8 wire approach from Kiwis eh?

I was serious about this. The torx bit will not usually fit snugly into the damaged hex head, or if it does, it's going to spin as well, enlarging the problem. Something a little larger will probably require persuading to hold it tight.

I also have a Vessel 1/2" Impact driver, which can be set to clockwise or (usually) anticlockwise. The model number of mine is 2500N which is probably older than most of the participants on this forum. It has bits for flat and Philip head screws, and I have an adapter to fit the 1/4" torx and other bits. Remove the adapter holder and there is a 1/2" square drive for sockets. I wouldn't be without it.

Back