• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

I sold my 1200 Sport last Saturday and then flew to Austin to pick up my grey V85TT Tuesday... I hit 900 miles just as I was getting home, so oil and filter changed yesterday and going to work on the rest of the first service today. VIN ZGUKWU002LM000350
Congrats! That's a big leap from a big block to small. What's your initial impressions? Did you ride a V85TT before you made the choice?

Congrats! That's a big leap from a big block to small. What's your initial impressions? Did you ride a V85TT before you made the choice?
I too made that leap, the two bikes are like chalk and cheese, the B1100 was heavy and planted on corners, the 85 nimble and flickable. Both bikes can make similar progress in the twisties but in different ways but l find the V85 more fun and rewarding,although l do miss the grunt of the Breva sometimes. Wouldn't change back though.

I too made that leap, the two bikes are like chalk and cheese, the B1100 was heavy and planted on corners, the 85 nimble and flickable. Both bikes can make similar progress in the twisties but in different ways but l find the V85 more fun and rewarding,although l do miss the grunt of the Breva sometimes. Wouldn't change back though.
Thanks for the post. The irony is that the V85TT isn't much lighter on the scales. With a full tank of fuel, my V85TT with empty top case (and no side bags) weighed 525 lbs/238 kgs on my digital scales. The B11 is only ~25 lbs/11 kgs heavier.

I had done a decent demo ride at my local dealership before deciding to buy.
I've gotten to the point where I appreciate the more upright riding position of the V85. I also had a Versys-X, which I sold 2 weeks ago in preparation for the new bike, and found myself riding it quite a bit more than my 1200 as it was just easier to deal with.

While the V85 isn't much lighter than the 1200, it certainly feels lighter. I tried to keep the revs under control on the way home, until I got to the break-in miles, but I like the whole package overall. The 1200 certainly has more juice and always lets you know there's something going on. The V85 runs a bit smoother.
It was hard to see the 1200 Sport go, I bought it new in 2009, but I've changed gears now and haven't given it a second thought.

Thanks for the post. The irony is that the V85TT isn't much lighter on the scales. With a full tank of fuel, my V85TT with empty top case (and no side bags) weighed 525 lbs/238 kgs on my digital scales. The B11 is only ~25 lbs/11 kgs heavier.
so how in the hell did the rags come up with 570+. scares people off if they hadn't ridden it. I too rode the one in Tucson and would swear it's 470#

so how in the hell did the rags come up with 570+. scares people off if they hadn't ridden it. I too rode the one in Tucson and would swear it's 470#
Don't know, but mine had was full of fuel, and the top case was on, side racks on, no side cases. The rags typically don't actually weigh them any more.

Hi everyone, new V85tt owner checking in. I'm a newer rider, switching over from my first bike, a 2013 Honda CB1100, and I couldn't be happier! The Guzzi is better than the Honda in every way that matters to me.

I've already done a couple of small things on the bike. For some reason, the panniers and top box were keyed differently, but there were extra lock cylinders thrown in so I was able to switch the top box to match the panniers. Does anybody know why the heck they would do it that way? Seems easier just to give matching luggage matching keys to begin with, but maybe people actually prefer having them keyed different?

The other thing I did was wire up a Garmin Zumo. That was fun -- and I was able to do it without pulling the tank by threading the cable through the space between the tank and the black plastic bit on top. Was able to link it up with the other cabling going to the fork that way, and managed to incorporate it in the factory cable management. I connected it to the accessory USB plug that sits under the seat. It was a lot of fun IDing the plug type and figuring out how to build one properly (TE superseal 1.5 fyi), and very satisfying to do correctly.

I want to shoutout Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN, who were really great through the whole process, even letting me do an impromptu test ride last Fall even after I told them I wasn't even really looking until Spring. They did a really thorough setup (no loose bits on this one) and were no-BS the whole way. I'll be moving to Ohio soon and will be local to Cadre, which is really too bad because I really liked Caswell. But I've heard good things about them too, and boy oh boy am I looking forward to the longer riding season!

Anyway, here's the old CB:

Skyline

and the new MG:

Jaycooke

Hi everyone, new V85tt owner checking in.
Hi and welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia! Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Enjoy and hope you'll post here often.

Bought my V85 from Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN as well. Great sales staff, slightly less than impressed with the job they did on the 1k maintenance though... (they filled it with 10W40 oil and didn't even have 10w60 on hand, watch out for that one)

Should add too, as I've got almost 3k on the clock, I love 90% of the bike. The bike is comfortable, cruise control is great to have, makes a good noise, looks stunning, excellent build quality (mostly), etc. Couple little niggles that I need to work out that don't sound that uncommon. I've got the front wheel hop at around 35-40 mph, the stock windscreen is miserable at highway speeds anywhere it's adjusted, various loose fasteners, and for some reason I've got some vibes at highway speed that get uncomfortable in a hurry. The engine is an absolute peach compared to the lump in the Griso, very refined, especially at low revs and at low speeds. Lacks a little oomph on the highway and it really feels wound out by 75 mph but it's good enough to get by.

Last edited:
Bought my V85 from Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN as well. Great sales staff, slightly less than impressed with the job they did on the 1k maintenance though... VIN: ZGUKWU002LM000106 - Bike's a bit shamefully dirty right now but here it is with the '07 Griso. Lacks a little oomph on the highway and it really feels wound out by 75 mph but it's good enough to get by.
Congrats! Sorry to hear on the dealer experience, status quo in most areas it seems. I would agree on the highway comments. We shall see what becomes of the small block motor displacement... quite sad to see the big block pushed aside for good. Love to get the rest of the info for the first post of this thread, or you can email it to me if you don't want it published; Info at GuzziTech.com

Back