• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM E4 V85TT Exhaust NOW WITH DYNO RUN

Hi Todd,
Hope you are keeping safe and well.
Are you carrying on with the full exhaust system now you have sold the rental V85TT?

Keep safe
Al

Hi Y'all,
I've followed this thread with interest. I have no loyalty to any "major brand", but I do need an exhaust system that will be legal in Australia, or at least able to convince the average walloper that it is. Todd, if I understand correctly, your systems are not homolagated for street use? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to have the better headers as well as the rest, particularly if they save significant weight and provide more low-down grunt.

Speaking of exhausts, is there a significant difference between the various Y-pipes that are available? The Agostini part is less expensive, but doesn't have a hangar and is made of more parts and looks to have a smaller diameter, while the GTM and Mistral parts have the hangar and are single piece units with larger diameters. I'm mostly looking to lose the heat generator under the bike and maybe claw back a little sound with the stock can for now.

Hi Y'all,
I've followed this thread with interest. I have no loyalty to any "major brand", but I do need an exhaust system that will be legal in Australia, or at least able to convince the average walloper that it is. Todd, if I understand correctly, your systems are not homolagated for street use? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to have the better headers as well as the rest, particularly if they save significant weight and provide more low-down grunt.
Hi Mike, i have a feeling we need to have the tested db printed onto the muffler to be legal. And again "technically speaking" its illegal to mod the exhaust so it is louder than factory. Depends on the cop who pulls you over i suppose. I know the Agostini cans on my v7 are louder especially without the db killers but i dont seem to get the attention of the police thankfully. How is the V85? Im thinking about one for 2 up riding.

I definitely dig my V85, but I haven't done any 2-up riding and it's my first ADV bike so I don't have a lot to compare it to. At the time I was looking for something more touring-oriented and I thought it was silly to get a bike to cover lots of miles with a chain that took constant maintenance, but that cut the options down quite a bit.

Speaking of exhausts, is there a significant difference between the various Y-pipes that are available? The Agostini part is less expensive, but doesn't have a hangar and is made of more parts and looks to have a smaller diameter, while the GTM and Mistral parts have the hangar and are single piece units with larger diameters. I'm mostly looking to lose the heat generator under the bike and maybe claw back a little sound with the stock can for now.
Yes there is a significance in construction as you noted. I also offer a lifetime guarantee.

Yes there is a significance in construction as you noted. I also offer a lifetime guarantee.

Can you elaborate on the three different y pipes you list on your website, pros and cons? Will you still be carrying all three in the future? I'd like to use the stock muffler and I'm very critical of low rpm, as in just off idle, performance, that's one thing I'm not satisfide with now. Mostly I just need to lose the hot box under the engine.

Can you elaborate on the three different y pipes you list on your website, pros and cons? Will you still be carrying all three in the future? I'd like to use the stock muffler and I'm very critical of low rpm, as in just off idle, performance, that's one thing I'm not satisfide with now. Mostly I just need to lose the hot box under the engine.
The others are machine bent 20g (thin) steel, mine are 18g hand-formed. Power characteristics with stock headers would all be about the same. I have a full system built and ready to sell, but I don't have access to the ECU still. Only that will resolve your low throttle issues, along with heat and power increases. I expect to get 10+ hp at the tire with my full kit and open air box lid once I can get the fueling sorted.

I think there is supposed to be an updated map available from the factory that deals with low speed fueling. I have no idea if your dealer will offer the update for free or if you'll be charged, it sounds like dealer policy on software updates varies greatly.

I think there is supposed to be an updated map available from the factory that deals with low speed fueling. I have no idea if your dealer will offer the update for free or if you'll be charged, it sounds like dealer policy on software updates varies greatly.

My local dealer installed the new map several weeks ago, it made some subtle but noticeable changes, it seemed like a minor improvement overall, but did not fix the hesitation I feel when clutching at low speed in first gear. I've ridden two bikes and they were both the same and the dealer said he noticed it on his demo as well.

Can't speak from actual experience, but depending on what riding you do and how much weight you have on the bike, it may be a little anemic for 2-up riding. It's got lovely grunt at county road speeds and probably would hold up with a pillion but it's a little asthmatic on the freeway.

Side note on the exhaust side of things, has anyone removed the passenger foot peg mounts and had issues with melting their boots on the pipe on the left side of the bike? I've got fairly big feet (US size 13 or so) and most bikes, V85 included, give me issues with my heels hitting the passenger foot peg bracket. I know I could take it off the V85 but it looks like I'd be putting my heel potentially against the pipe, which I'm guessing wouldn't be great.

Side note on the exhaust side of things, has anyone removed the passenger foot peg mounts and had issues with melting their boots on the pipe on the left side of the bike? I've got fairly big feet (US size 13 or so) and most bikes, V85 included, give me issues with my heels hitting the passenger foot peg bracket. I know I could take it off the V85 but it looks like I'd be putting my heel potentially against the pipe, which I'm guessing wouldn't be great.
I have seen photos somewhere of a bike like this, the owner put exhaust wrap around pipe in the area where the foot peg mounts used to be..

So I'm quite bored with the way the V85TT sounds when it's choked from that oven they call a catalytic convertor, and I want to install a Y-pipe and let that engine exhale with ease. Would it be detrimental to the engine where it could come to the point that an engine failure is just around the corner if I remove the cat without tuning? The bike currently has a slip on.

Many people run open exhaust systems without fueling fixes. I've sold a very small handful of Y-pipes and mufflers, despite what air/fuel data shows. The AFRs that Guzzi runs these motors at as delivered is a head-shaker, yet they offer a warranty.

Speaking of exhausts, @GT-Rx® do you have any insights on Mistral's full setup for the V85? It looks like they've got some larger headers, a Y-pipe, and a new hex muffler but I'm not sure how the bike would handle it without a reflash.

Speaking of exhausts, @GT-Rx® do you have any insights on Mistral's full setup for the V85? It looks like they've got some larger headers, a Y-pipe, and a new hex muffler but I'm not sure how the bike would handle it without a reflash.
Please scan this thread from the beginning down. I will not comment on my competitor's systems, when I make a superior system with a lifetime warranty; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v85tt-exhaust-thread.19804/#post-155160

Back