• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need help troubleshooting issue with moto guzzi v7 stone

Harmansingh

Just got it firing!
Hi guys, i am a fairly new rider and new to this forum. Got mysef a 2014 moto guzzi v7 stone last year.This year when i started it after replacing the battery i get a red oil pressure light which goes away once its started.What could be the possible issue? Also when i start it and put it in the gear it turns off? That could be linked the oil pressure sign? Is it possible to cause damage if driven like it.I checked oil when cold though and it was way over the limit on dipstick? Could be too much oil engine oil? If i rev it a little able to get it to go.Drove a few miles and no issues but has this turning off issue when started cold and first trying to move. Also how often should it need servicing it has 9000 km on it right now and only has been serviced once as per the previous owner.Given the current covid situation can not take it to the mechanic. Please help.

Last edited:
if the engine turns off whilst putting in gear you possibly have a faulty clutch or side stand switch.

Ahh okay. Thanks Kevin.Any idea about the oil pressure light? It goes away when started though but shows up when i turn the key on.

I'm sure it's just the side stand switch. cleaning and or adjustment should fix it. If the oils only been changed once and it's over filled it would be wise to start from scratch with all new oil and filter. 10-60 for the engine. search here for tons of info but I bet the valves need attention and u should find out if the heads were re torqued at the first service.

Try shorting out the clutch switch, then the sidestand switch to confirm that it's one of them that is causing the problem.

Removing each short one at a time should reveal which short is fixing the issue.

Or just put your multi-meter across each one and test.

Back