• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Why Should I Trade My Harley for an Audace

1. Rebuilt engine. Should I trust it?

That's a tough one. Up to you and your confidence in the person doing the work. is this a USED bike? If new, it will come with a new warranty.

2. Reliability? I have seen some posts on the cracking of exhaust in the crossover area. A problem on this model? Aftermarket parts are available at a reasonable cost and I have a very good welder friend. So probably not a big issue. I am a good wrench. Any other issues?

The crossover cracked on the 2013 - 2015 California models. Mine did (2014 California) and I bought the "H-pipe" replacement from Todd. Much better design than the MG piece.

Can I trust this bike out in the middle of nowhere? Italian products unfortunately are not some of the most reliable in the world. But are these bikes reliable enough?

I rode mine the first year of ownership across the U.S., up the west coast and back home again (~9000 miles). I was a little nervous, but no problems.

The owner of my independent bike shop said even though he has a soft spot for Moto Guzzis he wouldn't recommend one as daily driver.

Sounds like this individual doesn't know what he is talking about...

3. Parts availability. Dealers are far and few between. Do they stock the common parts?

Don't count on it.

If not how long to get them. In the US or do they have to come from Italy?

2 weeks to 2 years

Harley dealers are on almost every corner but their parts supply is pretty limited but everything is pretty much available in a few days.

When riding an H-D motorcycle you need a dealer on every corner. (sorry, that was just too easy!)

4. The big blocks are rumored to be going away. Will there be support for these if they do? Is there or will there be aftermarket support if the manufacturer doesn't.

Count on no support from Moto Guzzi. When you jump in, you need to plan on being self sufficient. Plus, there is a great deal of experience and knowledge here from many helpful people.

Positives
1. Design and looks. Super. Harley should get a clue. Cutting edge design but still have a traditional overall motorcycle look.

Totally subjective, but I do like the California. I find myself just stopping to stare at it when I walk into the garage when it is parked.

2. Mechanical design and functionality. Dual disks, remote reservoir shocks, driveshaft drive, several different maps among many other things.

3. Moto Guzzi appeals to me as I am a non-conformist and always root for the underdog. I would rather not be a part of the crowd, My Harley is not mainstream Harley but still a member of the majority.

Sorry to be so wordy but I don't want to do something I will regret down the road. The dealer will be giving me a heck of a deal. They get a Harley they can sell in fairly short order in exchange for a Moto Guzzi they have had on the floor for a long time. I know I am speaking to the choir but tell me why I should get the Audace.

Whether you have buyer's remorse or not is solely up to you. My 2014 California was my first European motorcycle that I bought on recommendation of a friend who had owned many different MG models. I took the leap and after starting out a little unsure and nervous I can honestly say that this bike inspire confidence and "out-of-the-box" is one of the most comfortable motorcycles IU have ever owned (that's quite a few, by the way)

If it makes any difference i am 74 years old. I rode Airhead BMW's so I am very familiar with longitudinal layouts in motorcycles so that is not a concern.

The Moto Guzzi 1400 is a V-Twin installed in the correct orientation. ;)

So tell me why I should buy this bike.

Simple, because you must.

Buy a Guzzi. Go to a multi-brand meeting. Stand proud next to your bike, while all the passersby say "AAhhh..." and "OOooohh..." and ignore all the Beemers and HD guys with their latest shiny toys.

It is simple as that.

Back