• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Removing fuel line quick disconnect

Bill, Those BMW style connectors are easy to use. When I install the pair on a BMW, I switch orientation of one of them so they can't be connected incorrectly since on a BMW, one side is pressure to the injectors and the other is return.

A bit off topic, but another way to avoid cross-coupling two fuel line connectors is to NOT install them next to one another. Ensure the connectors are installed few inches apart and you'll never be able to pair them up incorrectly. The shorter tails and connectors won't reach when you mix the lines up!!

Tony

As for the tautologically named "quick release," I got sick of 'em and replaced my Norge and Griso's with these:
beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon.html
Bill
Those Beemer fittings look like just the beez neez. However, on the V7iii the fuel tank side is a (hard) plastic elbow onto which the fuel hose connects. Both sides of those Beemer fittings have barbs to fit them into fuel hose. My best/easiest solution is the keep the existing (so-called) quick connector and cut the fuel hose at a convenient point and insert the new Beemer connectors.

Any better ideas out there?

Btw, if you only want 1 couple, as for the V7iii, go here:
beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon1.html

Hmmmm, just went buy some and US Post saved me. $US40 for the parts $US57 for postage.
Promptly cancelled the order.

Last edited:
Those Beemer fittings look like just the beez neez. However, on the V7iii the fuel tank side is a (hard) plastic elbow onto which the fuel hose connects. Both sides of those Beemer fittings have barbs to fit them into fuel hose. My best/easiest solution is the keep the existing (so-called) quick connector and cut the fuel hose at a convenient point and insert the new Beemer connectors.

Btw, if you only want 1 couple, as for the V7iii, go here:
beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon1.html

Hmmmm, just went buy some and US Post saved me. $US40 for the parts $US57 for postage.

You can get the BMW part numbers for their disconnect here. shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51768&rnd=07242017 This site is also in the US so try an Aussie dealer. They will be plastic but easier that the Guzzi fitting. Do note that BMW recommends replacing the o-ring each time it is disconnected.

Cannot imagine that it would cost that much to just send those to you from here. You could buy and have shipped to me; I'd then send to you. OTOH, if that gets too bureaucratic, I could buy and send to you for reimbursement of shipping.

I've shipped to Oz before and big stuff made me feel I'd been raped. If interested, let me know; I'll ask at P.O. for an estimate. It was a small little package.

Bill

Those Beemer fittings look like just the beez neez. However, on the V7iii the fuel tank side is a (hard) plastic elbow onto which the fuel hose connects.

I plan to splice new connectors into the fuel line of my 1200 Sport. I bought chrome plated brass connectors, made by CPC - check out CPC, they are a global manufacturer making quality connectors. There may be a local supplier in your country. I have not installed mine yet but those I have have a 1/4" ID (6.4mm). Importantly, select connectors that use ethanol-resistant VITROL seals. The CPC connectors have automatic shut-off valves on disconnection.

The CPC parts I have are items LCD170-04V and LCD220-04V. The "V" is important, it denotes Vitrol units.

Tony

I'm fairly sure that I have 5/16" ID fuel hose on my V7iii. Can anyone confirm/deny that for me please.

Bill Hagan, that's a mighty fine offer which I will probably accept once I have conformation of my fuel hose size.

Last edited:
Cannot imagine that it would cost that much to just send those to you from here. You could buy and have shipped to me; I'd then send to you. OTOH, if that gets too bureaucratic, I could buy and send to you for reimbursement of shipping.

I've shipped to Oz before and big stuff made me feel I'd been raped. If interested, let me know; I'll ask at P.O. for an estimate. It was a small little package.

Bill
Yes, US post has become quite ridiculous in their pricing. I used to buy quite often from the US, but now days I can usually get stuff cheaper out of the UK - if it's available there. Not only do we (Ozzies) hang right down here near the arsehole of the world, but I live in the southern-most town in West Oz. The nearest major city to me is Perth, 260 miles away. The next closest comparable city is Adelaide - 1,650 miles away.

I don't remember the first time i encountered one of *Those* Connectors - but it was all Greek to me - a friend of my that is a repair guy lent some Disks with a slot in them to slide them on the hose and have a bead around the center to push that retainer back ...
Release tool
It's Magic how those thing attached until you've seen and learned to release them...

Its easy to blame the folks in Mandello for the quick disconnect design, but really, they're just simply using commodity parts. I fumbled a bit the first time, but once you get it, you get it.

Other than the colors being different, this is essentially what is on the V7III that I dealt with.
In this diagram, the blue button labeled "Locking Spring" - there is one on each side. Squeeze both buttons, and slide off the connector. Had I seen this diagram and explanation beforehand, I probably wouldn't have fumbled around with it so much the first time.

Fuellinequickconnector 6b8d23bc c157 4d2c 8950 6e3cfb9c74a4

One of the points of confusion I had the first time was that I had read where people described the fitting to be similar to that of an air compressor quick connect, where you pull back to release. Clearly, this is not that at all. So part of my fumbling around was trying to pull back on something that is not pull-backable. In fact, the very first post in this thread says that it's "like an air chuck". I'm not sure if some of them are, but the ones on the V7III definitely are not.

__Jason

Last edited:
Jason, The early ones are like an air chuck. The new ones are very different and appear easier. Thanks for the post.

Jason, The early ones are like an air chuck. The new ones are very different and appear easier. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for clarifying! I figured something may have changed along the way. Only points of reference I had were from working on my wife's V7III, and my V11 Sport - which has none of the above :)

__Jason

A forum member suggested I make this a sticky thread. This applies to bikes with internal fuel pumps.

I've found the easiest way to disconnect the fuel line is to disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump then do a start cycle. That relieves the fuel pressure and the connector is then easy to remove. The design is similar to an air chuck, so pushing on the line while pulling the collar works.

FYI, there are devices for making easy and safe work for dealing with quick disconnects. These can be found at many automotive stores or online. The device is placed around the fuel line next to the disconnect. It is then pushed against/toward the quick disconnect. The 'working end' of the device uniformly presses against the teeth inside the disconnect and releases the male section of the fuel line. Attached are photos of two types of devices. As you can see from the various sizes, the devices are available for different diameter fuel lines and connector types. Hope this help.

IMG 7996 IMG 7998

You stole Scott’s pictures !!! ( post above :D)

Sorry....had no idea anyone else had posted similar info. I've had those photos in my PC for over a year. When I saw the thread about Quick Disconnects when I opened up Guzzi Tech earlier this a.m. I just threw out the info without checking...nothing malicious intended.

Back