• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"New" Eldorado---Instrument issues

ediehl

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just bought a 2016 Eldorado (sweet!) with only a bit more than 5K miles. First time I started it up when I got it home, it was displaying an URGENT SERVICE message on the dash. I didn't notice that at the seller's home. I restarted it a couple times and it went away, and rode fine, but today the message was back---off and on. The bike still rode fine, and the message was not displaying as I rode. I also am unable to change it out of VELOCE mode. I start the bike and don't touch the throttle, and press the Mode button in (the manual says press 'the button', and I've not found any buttons other than the Mode button. Nothing happens---VELOCE stays on the dash, and doesn't go into that negative appearance that the manual says to watch for. I've tried various combinations of short presses and long presses, pressing twice, etc, but usually nothing happens, or sometimes it goes into the setting mode for one of the other dash functions. Am I missing something here? The bike was supposedly purchased new in may of 2019, and so I should be able to transfer the remaining warranty, but of course there is no Guzzi dealer near me in Greenville, SC (there used to be a couple not terribly far away---I've heard there's one in Charlotte now)

I just bought a 2016 Eldorado (sweet!) with only a bit more than 5K miles. First time I started it up when I got it home, it was displaying an URGENT SERVICE message on the dash. I didn't notice that at the seller's home. I restarted it a couple times and it went away, and rode fine, but today the message was back---off and on. The bike still rode fine, and the message was not displaying as I rode. I also am unable to change it out of VELOCE mode. I start the bike and don't touch the throttle, and press the Mode button in (the manual says press 'the button', and I've not found any buttons other than the Mode button. Nothing happens---VELOCE stays on the dash, and doesn't go into that negative appearance that the manual says to watch for. I've tried various combinations of short presses and long presses, pressing twice, etc, but usually nothing happens, or sometimes it goes into the setting mode for one of the other dash functions. Am I missing something here? The bike was supposedly purchased new in may of 2019, and so I should be able to transfer the remaining warranty, but of course there is no Guzzi dealer near me in Greenville, SC (there used to be a couple not terribly far away---I've heard there's one in Charlotte now)

Regarding mapping selection, you probably missed the paragraph about the button.The button you press is the starter button. Five seconds after you start the bike, the starter button becomes the selector for the mapping, and will not activate the starter.

Thanks much, that worked just fine. I still haven't found where the User Manual mentions the 'starter' button (it says just 'the button'), but maybe it's mentioned somewhere else in the manual. I was reading somewhere around page 90. The URGENT SERVICE message has gone away again; guess I'll just play it by ear, since everything else seems to be fine.

Thanks much, that worked just fine. I still haven't found where the User Manual mentions the 'starter' button (it says just 'the button'), but maybe it's mentioned somewhere else in the manual. I was reading somewhere around page 90. The URGENT SERVICE message has gone away again; guess I'll just play it by ear, since everything else seems to be fine.

The paragraph that mentions the starter button is above the one that says to push the button, I blew right past it when I tried to look it up to confirm the procedure. It's been awhile since I used that feature, so I wanted to be sure I was giving you the correct info. Mine stays in Veloce, haven't bothered with the other two since I first got it.

Without going into the computer to look to see if any codes set, the only recommendation I would make would be to make sure the oil's full, and check the voltage reading on the dash, which should be about 13.9 to 14.2. That Urgent Service message seems to be a vague indicator, doesn't pinpoint the specific problem.

Happy Motoring
Frank

Just agreed to purchase a 2017 California 1400 Touring. Does anyone have a downloadable copy of the owner's manual?

Back