• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 crash bars

Eric Colbeck

Just got it firing!
Interested in installing crash bars on my new V7 III. There are versions made by Hepco and Becker, Agostini, Givi, and “genuine italian” at MGcycle.com. There are probably others too.

I am wondering which are the most effective at engine protectIon. The Givis are cheapest but are the only version without a cross piece between the bars. This makes it seem like they would apply quite a lot of frame twisting torque on the bike in the event of a slide. H and P are most expensive, are they worth the additional cost because of beefiness or some other factor?

Thanks for your insights.

Priorities for my 2019 V7 III Stone which will be mostly ridden on paved roads -- maybe ridden on county-graded roads are:

1. In the event of a tipover, prevent entrapment of my leg or other extremity. I will usually be riding with side cases and always in my Aerostich Roadcrafter Classic.

2. In the event of a tipover, reduce damage to motorcycle especially cylinder heads.

3. In the event of a tipover, reduce the effort to upright the motorcycle to continue riding.

4. Remain in place for scheduled services.

5. Generally fit into the overall style of the motorcycle.

6. Unobtrusive appearance.

7. Lower cost is the tie-breaker.

Mounting auxiliary lighting is not of interest for shadowing reasons. I will be mounting two DOT LED foglights on the forks about fender height for both visibility and illumination purposes and want them roughly even with the headlight. As discussed elsewhere, I will be using two programmable relays to "wiggle the handlebars" when I press the momentary Hi-Beam switch to attract the attention of drivers at intersections.

So weighting the alternatives:

The MG head protectors seem to be limited to head protecting and wallet emptying.

As one person said of the MG engine guards, they look like they came from the factory but protection, etc is uncertain. A candidate.

The Givi engine guards are a bit more obtrusive, look like they meet most priorities, and the price is awesome.

The H&B engine guards are more obtrusive but I think uprighting the motorcycle would be easier. I believe the Agostini engine guards are similar.

I really would like to choose the Sato frame sliders but I'm doubtful about protection, etc priorities.

The Stucchi's kept intriguing me so I studied the pictures and descriptions more carefully. Here's what I found:

1. They have a 3-point mount -- two socket head machine screws into permanent-mount downtube frame brackets and one rubber bumper against the cylinder head.

2. They are designed for quick removal -- remove the two screws each side leaving behind the frame brackets.

3. They have a pleasant flow around the engine that doesn't seem to protrude any further than the abrupt H&B's.

So here's how they meet my priorities:

1 = Better than most (the Givi's look to be the best)
2 = Yep, probably the best
3 = Better than most, especially with side cases mounted (I think); easy to wrap with tie strap or rope (hmm carry in side cases?)
4 = Nope but easily removed with four machine screws (H&B's look to be worst followed by Givi's)
5 = Better than most due to front-to-back flow
6 = Nope
7 = Second cheapest

So my choice is down to the Givi's or the Stucchi's.

And the decision was: my Stucchi's will be delivered tomorrow.

No ETA for the motorcycle tho.

I, unfortunately, got to put the H&B engine guards to the test on a lowside. They performed fantastically, protected the engine and the frame, didn't budge, just scratched a little. They also stiffen up your frame which improves the handling of the bike. Worth every single penny. For more in-depth info, please feel free to check out my video review post lowside:

I hope this helps!

I installed the MG and think they are very unobtrusive. I barely notice them now. Not a great angle to show them off, but here you go. IMG 20200719 170317607

Guys, I'm going to ask please understand that this site is a feed to our online Store, linked above. We sell a ton of product, all of which I have used/endorse/sell and stand behind 100%. The Stucchi bars will do the job, however you or your mechanic will hate it when it comes time for a service. The OEM or Agostini crashbars (both of which I sell on the Store linked above) are superior in fit and function to most everything out there. The OEM bars are a iteration of the original versions that were on most of the original V7 Sports below.

V7Sport RT

Back