• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

converting v7iii racer

glenn mason

Just got it firing!
I am looking at a V7iii racer which is for sale and am wondering any problems with switching out handle bars, tires, exaust, etc. My main concern would be the handling characteristics after any changes.

Any advice or ideas? Thanks.

I am looking at a V7iii racer which is for sale and am wondering any problems with switching out handle bars, tires, exaust, etc. My main concern would be the handling characteristics after any changes.

That’s a rather broad question. I don’t see why these types of mods would cause any issues that they wouldn’t cause on any other bike. To what extent the effects of the changes are felt defends entirely on which changes and how drastic.

edit to add: Specific to the things you mention (handlebars, tires, exhaust), all three have been heavily discussed on this forum. If you search around you’ll find suggestions. Shortly after that you’ll have a big dent in your bank account. :)

You can convert a V7 Racer to a normal V7, or vice versa. The handling will be what it would be if you bought the desired version in the first place. They are the same bike. There are likely limits on how far you can go with that, but mainly limits based on things like cable lengths.
But you can take a V7 Racer and fit the seat, footpegs, handlebars, etc, from the standard V7 and it should handle fine, just like a normal V7, when you are done. You can also fit other parts, from other sources. The results may be just as good, or not, depending on how well the other parts work.
Exhaust will not effect handling, but it will make it sound better. Tires should be kept at least close to the original sizes, fitting noticeably different size tires can have an effect on handling, usually for the worse. I am pretty sure there are a few threads on here about tires for the V7 Racer.

Hi,

I imagine bars and tires would be the pieces you might feel to most change from.
Lower narrower bars would ( I imagine) feel different, you are changing the basic geometry.
Going to narrower / wider bars would change the leverage you apply to the turn.

In one of the other threads on the same subject they mentioned the clutch cable would be the only thing to change when swapping the bars.

Tires would make the bigger difference depending on how you use the bike.
If you drive like Grandma on smoth paved roads you might not notice anything different.
If you stray onto gravel once in a while you would notice a HUGE difference depending on the tires you choose.
if you lean into the corners aggressively, the big knobby tires on my XR wouldn’t inspire much confidence;)

Last edited:
All of the V7iii models are the same base bike, each dressed up in different rags.

All of the V7iii models are the same base bike, each dressed up in different rags.

RAGS !!!! :heartbreak:

Back