• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 II vs III - attachment points

Kevin Stanley-Adams

Just got it firing!
I am interested in the following mounting hardware from Givi:

giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/moto-guzzi/v7-iii-stone-17/pl8201-specific-sidecase-holder-detail

giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/moto-guzzi/v7-iii-stone-17/sr8201-specific-rear-rack-detail

They are marketed for the III range only, but I am wondering if they would fit my V7 II Stone.

Is anyone familiar with the differences, if any, between the V7 III and V7 II in terms of mounting dimensions?

Thanks

Last edited:
I am interested in the following mounting hardware from Givi:

They are marketed for the III range only, but I am wondering if they would fit my V7 II Stone.
Is anyone familiar with the differences, if any, between the V7 III and V7 II in terms of mounting dimensions?

Thanks

Have a look at your bike and the mounting points they use on the V III ( in the Instructions ) - are they in the same area - being Only Close won't cut it - but if you can tell they are WAY different - you'll be able to make your decision.
The other option is Google Translate and send them an Email...

Thank you for the responses. According to my local dealer the measurements are indeed the same. I had already reached out to Givi and they just responded. The response they gave me is below.

Seems to be a conclusive no, but without reasoning unfortunately.

As you may be aware unfortunately Givi do not list an option to fit either a Top Box or Hard Side Cases to your Bike. After researching previous Catalogues unfortunately I have been unable to find a listing for a Specific Rear Rack or Pannier Frames or Monokey Cases, leading me to believe Givi may not have released these Specific options for your Bike.

Looking further into your enquiry unfortunately we are unable to advise if the SR8201/PL8201 will be compatible with your Bike. This is because even though the fit may be the same, there will be a reason as to why these Accessories are not listed for your Model of Bike. It is possible that during testing there may have been some issue relating to compatibility, but unfortunately we are not provided with further information why.

Currently the only advise we can provide is to regularly check our website, as Givi are constantly researching new Fitting Solutions there may be a future listing that comes available. Our website is updated by our R&D Department on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Well they responded - but that is sort of an odd response -

" This is because even though the fit may be the same, there will be a reason as to why these Accessories are not listed for your Model of Bike."

Just say it doesn't fit OR isn't supported on you model.

Ah - so maybe they Fit but rub during suspension travel ( or something )
No, the shock mounts are in a completely different location, which will likely affect the mounts for (all) accessories.

Do you know if the Stone V II and V III frames also have different bolt patterns when talking about SW Motech luggage? Install diagram below:
The exhaust/pass peg bracket is different, but I'm note sure about the spacing. It might work. The upper rear frame bolt location is the same.

Back