• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Handlebar thread

I ordered the parts from AF1 in Texas. I called there store to discuss the c-bow bag mounts. They had the part numbers to make it happen. As far as the sissy bar. I found it on AF1 under the California model. I add a couple of thicker washers to the mount under the seat. This pushed it up just enough to clear the fender.

872CD810 1D53 4834 AA5A 294FC339FAC0 C5D9B8C6 E85A 4860 815A 70C61AA79669 B98BF68B 56E0 40CA 9320 5737669CDDD0

I’m looking at the Audace, 2016. There is a consistent opinion that one has to lean forward to the point that this is not a good distance bike. I’m currently riding a BMW K1300r which I’ve put thousands of k on multi day trips. Yes I have to straighten myself out between filling up with fuel. Using the ergonomic site, the 1300 has a 23 degree forward lean. The Audace has a 6 degree lean with my 6’ 32”. The Eldorado has 0 lean according to that site. I have yet to ride an Audace but am wondering what others have found about this ‘aggressive lean‘. From this site I see the bars were changed in 2017.
Thanks

Had the audace, now the audace carbon.
The old handlebar felt more aggressive, sportier, but also uncomfortable to me.

New one is still more forward than the other 1400s, but feels much better du to the bend.

I'm 180 cm.

I’m looking at the Audace, 2016. There is a consistent opinion that one has to lean forward to the point that this is not a good distance bike. I’m currently riding a BMW K1300r which I’ve put thousands of k on multi day trips. Yes I have to straighten myself out between filling up with fuel. Using the ergonomic site, the 1300 has a 23 degree forward lean. The Audace has a 6 degree lean with my 6’ 32”. The Eldorado has 0 lean according to that site. I have yet to ride an Audace but am wondering what others have found about this ‘aggressive lean‘. From this site I see the bars were changed in 2017.
Thanks
I started with risers and ended up swapping for the new 2017 bars (still with risers) Part # 2B003940

So having fitted the home made risers to my 2016 Audace, I still wasn't entirely happy with the pull back which was still a little bit of a stretch to relax. In the end I bought the new Audace bar that is fitted, I believe, to 2017 models. The photo shown here shows the old and new bars lined up next to each other. As you can see the new bar has much more pullback and is easier on the wrist position resulting in less of a stretch on full lock turns.

The risers on the new bar are also a little taller too, which you can't see in this vertical shot which has allowed MG to angle the bars downwards at the ends instead of being flat, again to make it more comfortable. The good news is they are drop in replacements for the old bars (as far as I can tell) - I didn't need to change anything that was already there, bolts, bar ends, controls etc. I still have my own additional risers fitted to give extra rise and reach and had to relocate the throttle cable because of that, but it all feels real good - way more relaxing to ride, easier to turn and change direction with due to being able to put more weight on bars, and I sit more upright.

View attachment 12619

Here's the shot of the bars and my risers on bike
View attachment 12620 View attachment 12621 View attachment 12622

Hi Paul, can you give the reference to your fly screen - make and #. Thanks! Jaan

Just today I put the 2017 handle bars on my 2016 Audace. I’m surprised at the difference. My wrists are in much better alignment with my forearms. With the old bars my wrists were cocked at an angle that led me to want to hold my elbows out from my body. This got the alignment of wrist to forearm more in line. But this position tired my shoulders. With the new bars my wrists and forearms feel totally natural and neutral.
In the corners counter steering is so much more natural. Riding the rails through the corners. I look forward to riding with friends and their sport bikes to measure the improvement. Overall turning is much improved. I’m not in a long straight arm stretch in low speed turns. I found that stretch limited some of the nuanced adjustment while in a turn. These bars were well worth the price. $350 Canadian.

Hello, Could take a photo of the mounts (without the bags) so we can see how they mount up. I am looking for a way to add bags to my new Audace as well.

Thank you,
Brent

I know it has been quite awhile I finally got brackets from a touring model and put on some Viking bags. Worked easy as could be. Since the bags I used were a bit smaller than the touring bags I did have to add a short strap to make me comfortable that they were secure. I also had custom bars made, that work awesome. They are 1" at the clamp, 1.25 " majority of the bar, and .75" at the controls. They look like they could be stock. I ran the wires through the bars which really cleaned it up. The touring model throttle cables and some local made hydraulic cables fixed ed the few things I had to extend. Lastly, I added a National Cycles Street Shield and it fit perfectly.

20200726 143913

I know it has been quite awhile I finally got brackets from a touring model and put on some Viking bags. Worked easy as could be. Since the bags I used were a bit smaller than the touring bags I did have to add a short strap to make me comfortable that they were secure. I also had custom bars made, that work awesome. They are 1" at the clamp, 1.25 " majority of the bar, and .75" at the controls. They look like they could be stock. I ran the wires through the bars which really cleaned it up. The touring model throttle cables and some local made hydraulic cables fixed ed the few things I had to extend. Lastly, I added a National Cycles Street Shield and it fit perfectly.

Love those "apes"

I put a pair of the later bars on my Audace a few days ago. I have only been able to ride it around town due to road conditions. They are a vast improvement. The stock bars were the only thing I really disliked about the bike. I can't wait to get out on the highway for a further evaluation. I am going to have to relocate the throttle cables though. Ran out of time when I was doing it.
kk

So having fitted the home made risers to my 2016 Audace, I still wasn't entirely happy with the pull back which was still a little bit of a stretch to relax. In the end I bought the new Audace bar that is fitted, I believe, to 2017 models. The photo shown here shows the old and new bars lined up next to each other. As you can see the new bar has much more pullback and is easier on the wrist position resulting in less of a stretch on full lock turns.

The risers on the new bar are also a little taller too, which you can't see in this vertical shot which has allowed MG to angle the bars downwards at the ends instead of being flat, again to make it more comfortable. The good news is they are drop in replacements for the old bars (as far as I can tell) - I didn't need to change anything that was already there, bolts, bar ends, controls etc. I still have my own additional risers fitted to give extra rise and reach and had to relocate the throttle cable because of that, but it all feels real good - way more relaxing to ride, easier to turn and change direction with due to being able to put more weight on bars, and I sit more upright.

View attachment 12619

Here's the shot of the bars and my risers on bike
View attachment 12620 View attachment 12621 View attachment 12622
I would like to do the same, do you have the part # for the newer style handlebars?

How do you like the new style bars compared to the old ones with the risers? Is it worth the investment?
The new bars made quite a difference. Doing tight radius turns with the original bars was a stretch, sense of stability was lessened. The new bars made turning less concerned with body contortions. The risers I made for the new bars, which have more pullback than the originals, had my body position leaning too far back. The originals as they are fit me fine. I’m 6’ tall.

I'm 6'4" so reach isn't the problem, it's the angle of my wrist relative to my arm. I've read that the new bars can be had for $180 us but when I priced them at my local dealer he quoted me $285. Im tempted to try and bend the original bars to get the correct angle for my wrist/grips.

Let us know how that goes . And should it work , please show us how you did it. Peter

I tried to bend mine, but you need some heavy duty equipment to hold things in place (the bar is very substantial) and I just didn't have that. Then there's the accuracy and uniformity of the bend for each side in 3 dimensions. I managed to budge one side a little by holding an end in a vice and pulling on the other, but it was never going to be easy and the finished product in my hands would not have loked professional, so I bought the new bars. I think the $285 US might be correct as I paid over $300 CDN for mine, although a lot of water has sailed under that currency conversion bridge and of course supply chain issues seem to be a reason to charge whatever you like these days. Good luck

Pretty much what I'd expected , I've taken to making my own bars , not for looks ( the original are pretty enough) , it's
a recent shoulder muscle problem . 1 1/8" and 7/8" tubing is what's needed , I've resorted to cutting and welding notches
to get what I want , it's slow but it's where I want them to fit me . Plus painting them high gloss black seems to go with the
Eldorado ! Peter

Yes, I mistakenly thought the Audace had similar risers, which it doesn’t of course. Seems like there is an easy solution per this thread. If people would like for me to offer an option here, I think $60 in black powder-coat could be done. Post away if anyone’s interested.
If these 2" risers are still available in matt black powder coat I am interested. Thanks!

Back