• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

The dealer forgot to check the tire pressure, they were low at around 25 psi, but the ride home was no issue.
If they forgot to check the tire pressure then I would check every single fastener before riding that much. Guzzi's are known to have loose fasteners.

2019 V7 III Stone Night Pack
VIN: ZGULDU02XKM000090

Bought it from OC Motorcycle, Costa Mesa, California with a trade-in.
My first Guzzi and love it. My other bike is 2012 Ducati Monster M796.
The dealer forgot to check the tire pressure, they were low at around 25 psi, but the ride home was no issue.
Other than that, the engine oil level is correct, and I adjusted the clutch lever and also tighten the throttle cable to be within specs.
No leak anywhere and the the bike is very smooth.

Already ordered SAS block kit and crash bar from Todd.
Will keep everything else stock for now until the first service.

Sp6VjVX.jpg

iurjASb.jpg
If you can’t trust the dealer to get something as basic as tyre pressures correct I wouldn’t let them anywhere near the bike with a wrench. You are fortunate to have Todd’s shop on your “doorstep “ where you know things will be done right.

Partially my fault, should have asked them to check in front of me. The Technician did test ride the bike, though.
I do like the Sales Kenna who I worked with and the owner Jim, both treated me well. Kenna reminded me the factory discount will change on Aug 1, it could be more or could be less. It turned out to be less...

Also, I am very aware of Todd's store and service dept. I told the sales person at OC Motorcycle about asking Guzzi Tech doing the 1st service and she was aware of GT.

OC Motorcycle were selling two V9 Bobber Sport (they got these from a store that were no longer in business) at V7 III Special price and that was why I contacted them. However, I was one step too late, so got the V7 III Stone Night Pack instead.
I was there for about 90 minutes and rode the V7 III home with a big smile on my face. The slightly leaning forward sitting position fits my 5'7" frame just about perfect.

Thanks to the generosity of one of the Facebook Moto Guzzi Owners page sending me a set of red spark plug covers, I was able to make my valve covers fit in with the rest of the program.View attachment 20327
I was wondering how the Red Plug cover would look with a Stock head !
( Or Vise Versa )
- Now we know!

2020 V7 III Racer purchased on August 17, 2020 at Vespa Brooklyn (she lives in Queens though!)
VIN: ZGULDUB07LM000156

Planning on keeping her stock until the first service and then will start with new mufflers... maybe Mistral? Are ECU flashes recommended if I buy the short slip-ons? I was told it wouldn't be needed if the db killers are NOT removed. I don't see that Guzzi Tech carries Mistral, so if a re-flash is needed, would they still be able to help?

Sorry if this needs to be posted elsewhere, I am totally new to forums and motorcycling. Took me a while to even figure out how to create this post!

Jon

IMG 1656 IMG 1662

2020 V7 III Racer purchased on August 17, 2020 at Vespa Brooklyn (she lives in Queens though!)

Planning on keeping her stock until the first service and then will start with new mufflers... maybe Mistral? Are ECU flashes recommended if I buy the short slip-ons? I was told it wouldn't be needed if the db killers are NOT removed. I don't see that Guzzi Tech carries Mistral, so if a re-flash is needed, would they still be able to help?

Sorry if this needs to be posted elsewhere, I am totally new to forums and motorcycling. Took me a while to even figure out how to create this post!

Jon

View attachment 20421 View attachment 20422

Sweet bike Jon. Welcome to the family!

A flash can help regardless of exhaust system. I have the Mistral shorties on my 2018 Milano and Todd sent me a flash no problem. I am very happy with the Mistrals myself.

Changing to the K&N air filter gave me a surprising performance boost.

Two basically free mods you can do that are highly recommended are dropping your forks 10mm - 20mm and removing the evap cannister and some of the plumbing.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/evap-removal-from-v7iii.17880/

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-iii-suspension-thread.17726/page-3

2020 V7 III Racer purchased on August 17, 2020 at Vespa Brooklyn (she lives in Queens though!) VIN: ZGULDUB07LM000156
Sorry if this needs to be posted elsewhere, I am totally new to forums and motorcycling. Took me a while to even figure out how to create this post! Jon
Hey Jon, congrats, welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! You've successfully posted in the right spot with pics, thanks. Appreciate all of the info.
I suggest reading this as a summary on fuel mapping; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/power-commanders-black-box-magic.205/ (though the Power Commander is NOT available for your bike), the words are valid, and we offer this device; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool -- you can read the reviews there or on the site here. There is plenty of opinions on this matter, none are backed by scientific data like I have spent the last 20 years working on and showing my results here on this site. There's even free/shareware thievery, ignorance and trickery devices galore floating around the web. Beware. Hilarious that none of them actually provide any type of documentation to show their work as I do.

We can get the Mistrals, we just choose to show those that are more difficult to get offerings (i.e. Agostini), and our lifetime warranty GTM® offerings. I got into building exhausts that last, as I tired of the fix/repair/replace game. If you want one of the fragile brand name offerings (see below), write us direct email; Info @ GuzziTech.com

V7ExhCrack

Jon

View attachment 20421 View attachment 20422

Beauty!
Mistrals is a great choice, IMO!
I have the long version on my Milano, and wouldn't go any other way. They look like oem, reusing stock heat shields. And the sound is sublime with db killers installed, and something akin to a souped-up V-8 Mustang with them removed! I have pics if you want.

Oh, I would call the remap a must. Even if you don't get slip-ons right away. I still get a small pop on decel, but nothing compared to the stock map. Low speed riding is also much improved.

Sweet bike Jon. Welcome to the family!

A flash can help regardless of exhaust system. I have the Mistral shorties on my 2018 Milano and Todd sent me a flash no problem. I am very happy with the Mistrals myself.

Changing to the K&N air filter gave me a surprising performance boost.

Two basically free mods you can do that are highly recommended are dropping your forks 10mm - 20mm and removing the evap cannister and some of the plumbing.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/evap-removal-from-v7iii.17880/

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-iii-suspension-thread.17726/page-3

Thanks for the links! Looks like I have some reading to do!

Back