• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

No, I have a rather large library of almost anything currently being produced.
Thank you for your speedy reply!
Okay perfect! The "system" I am talking about is essentially just two stubby mufflers. Basically almost a straight pipe or no mufflers type of system.

I have a 2013 V7 Racer and just purchased it Agostini's for it. It will be installed. Quesitons I have: 1) is it necessary to update mapping? Pros / Cons? - Where can I do it in MIami (Does dealer update this kind of maps)?, and how much approx should I pay?

I have a 2013 V7 Racer and just purchased it Agostini's for it. It will be installed. Quesitons I have: 1) is it necessary to update mapping? Pros / Cons? - Where can I do it in MIami (Does dealer update this kind of maps)?, and how much approx should I pay?
Perhaps not "necessary" to correct the fueling after installing the new exhaust, but it will run better if you have it remapped.
The dealer cannot do this, there is no better fuel map from any dealer.
Todd has fueling mapping for sale in his store.
You can send him your ECU and he remapps it, or he can sell you a widget that will load the new map into your ECU without having to send it off.
I believe it runs $350 - $500 depending.

Thanks Mike. Hi Esteban, I sell this device to handle the task; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool -- you can read the reviews there, and the post here from the top that I've combined your post here on. Also see the paragraph at the top of the page here, you just have to spend a little time searching on this site. There's tons of info.

Also, please post your info on the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

I am about ti take the plunge and buy Todd's ECU Reflash Tool. I read the posts about it and just want to ask if there are any words to the wise or don'ts regarding installation. '13 V7 Special. Thanks

I am about ti take the plunge and buy Todd's ECU Reflash Tool. I read the posts about it and just want to ask if there are any words to the wise or don'ts regarding installation. '13 V7 Special. Thanks
Read the instructions completely before you begin the install. Be familiar with them and clarify anything that you’re not certain of. Be patient during the install and trust the instructions—they work!

Ive just purchased a 2016 V9 Bobber that has a high flow airfilter and Agostinis, and Im interested in getting the reflash done with this tool. My question is will the map be different with the Agostinis, and with the db killers in or out? Or is it just one reflash for every V9? And should I also invest in the air block off kit to maximise the reflash?

Ive just purchased a 2016 V9 Bobber that has a high flow airfilter and Agostinis, and Im interested in getting the reflash done with this tool. My question is will the map be different with the Agostinis, and with the db killers in or out? Or is it just one reflash for every V9? And should I also invest in the air block off kit to maximise the reflash?
I think the map will be different for the setup you have. I believe that Todd takes the changes from stock into account when making the map.

I have the Agostini classic long mufflers on my 2017 V7III Racer. I've never taken the db killers out, it would be too noisy then. Prior to fitting them, with the stock mufflers/catalytic converters in place, I had installed the standard upgrade map with the GTRx ECU Tool: the bike started, warmed up quickly, and ran very well. Using that map with the Agostinis induced a bit of mid-rpm/mid-throttle surging and poor warm up, and the stock map was worse. Todd sent me an upgraded map ... With that the mid-rpm/mid-throttle surging disappeared, but startup and warm-up were still a bit poor, and the low end a bit weak. After some discussion, Todd created a new custom map for me. Once installed, the bike starts instantly and warms up quickly, has much fatter, nicer power delivery everywhere. On full throttle in the bottom four gears, it bangs into the rev limiter faster than I can shift from 4500 rpm on full throttle. It idles right on the money and very consistently. A perfect map. I'm sure it would need a little tweaking if I took the db killers out. I have no intention of doing so, ever, other than to clean the mufflers. (I'm pretty sure Todd has included this map into his library of maps for the V7III configuration.)

I'm sure the V9 will need a similar remap to work at it's best. Jetting an engine is a very sensitive task, and in truth—at the limits—every engine can benefit from slight customizations of any standard map. Such work is generally unneeded on engines used for street riding, but become critical for engines used in racing because those are used near their output limits, all up and down the rpm range, much, much more of the time.

G

I did some searches but did find what I was looking for.

Got the flash tool pulled the Image off the bike this morning, went for a little ride this afternoon - updated tune in my Inbox.
Followed the instructions the update is on the bike ;)
I thought I saw something about a full throttle calibration after the tune was loaded - but I cannot find that reference !!!

Was I dreaming ?

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
Got the flash tool pulled the I age off the bike this morning, went for a little ride this afternoon - updated tune in my Inbox. Followed the instructions the update is on the bike ;)
I thought I saw something about a full throttle calibration after the tune was loaded - but I cannot find that reference !!!
Was I dreaming ? Thanks, Don
I know no one wants to read literally anything anymore - :wondering: - but the mandatory throttle position reset is covered in both the PDF and the email reply with the map return.

- I read it multiple times and tried searching for the words -
mandatory throttle position reset
and they are not in this document ?
DOH !
That's were it was, in your Email !
( I knew I saw it someplace. )

Ok - all set for a spin tommorow, no need to wake up the neighbors tonight.

Last edited:
A few short rides today, more responsive throttle inputs, and up shifting Is sort of odd,( ok maybe not odd but different)
When I shift from 2 nd -> 3rd ( 3-4 / 4-5 ) I’m almost back at the same rpm after the shift, like i was still accelerating during the shift.
Vs before it was dropping 500 - 700 rpm between shifts ( I don’t know the real values as I don’t have a tach :think:) and taking a few moments to get back to the same revs...
Now it just Goes !

I still plan to try and record the sound, high tech - phone in my pocket maybe ??

Last edited:
A few short rides today, more responsive throttle inputs, and up shifting Is sort of odd,
When I shift from 2 nd -> 3rd ( 3-4 / 4-5 ) I’m almost back at the same rpm after the shift, like i was still accelerating during the shift.
Vs before it dropping 500 - 700 rpm between shifts ( I don’t know the real values as I don’t have a tach :think:) and taking a few moments to get back to the same revs...
Now it just Goes !

I still plan to try and record the sound, high tech - phone in my pocket maybe ??

After all of my mods and my last reflash it feels like my gears are a little taller. Just a little more room and flexibility in each gear I couldn't seem to access before. That along with the smoother shifting as everything breaks in really gives the bike a different feel.

I looked at other map options. I went with Todd's because:
  1. It comes complete
  2. Todd seems to have gone through all the trial and error
  3. I get to think and worry less and ride more
Plus, once you do it once you realize how incredibly easy it is. I've read through other flash setups and it seems like there is much more room for error. I'm pleased with it. Well worth the money.

After all of my mods and my last reflash it feels like my gears are a little taller. Just a little more room and flexibility in each gear I couldn't seem to access before.

Indeed - it seems to rev more freely now,

I changed the shift light setting to 6k from default because i kept blowing past it by 10 -15k/h.
I’ve hit the rev limiter twice, because it just wants to keep going, and the sound of the pipes doesn’t do Anything to discourage me from winding it out ! :clap:

The only thing the flash tool need’s ( and this is beyond GTech’s control) is the maintenance reminder reset.
It’s “lit” on mine now, but it almost invisible , a perk of getting older is that I can hardly notice it :wasntme:

Last edited:
With most Software things -can *you / We * submit an Enhancements request to have the functionality of resetting the Maintenance Notification added in some future release ?

They might look into it when they have time and resources.
The more requests they get the higher it moves up on the scale of customer requests.
( at least that's how it worked with some of the places I've worked)

With most Software things -can *you / We * submit an Enhancements request to have the functionality of resetting the Maintenance Notification added in some future release ?

They might look into it when they have time and resources.
The more requests they get the higher it moves up on the scale of customer requests.
( at least that's how it worked with some of the places I've worked)

Its not that simple. Piaggio has the reset feature "locked" so that only the official tool used by dealers is capable of doing the reset. I have no doubt that if the 3rd party ECU tuners could figure out how to crack that code, they would have done it already.

__Jason

You can do anything in software - some of it just takes more time - If they wanted to they could have Encrypted the images / Maps that we get updated, that might have made more sense.
I doubt they would bother *locking out * the Maintenance reset feature and leave the rest of the OS open ... BUT you never can tell.

The biggest obstacle is - Is it worth the Effort... Will It sell more units.
( Sorry - but adding something for Free to existing customers - is not *usually* #1 on the list.)

Back