• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ABS stopped, service light after fog light install.

north2south

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
After installing my OEM fog lights I took my 2014 custom for a night ride. All was good for the first 10 minutes. Then the SERVICE light came on with a couple ikons. The ABS stopped working front and rear. After pulling in the garage and shutting the bike off it would not restart. Just clicking.
Any input on what this may be?

I would retrace your install & wiring, sounds like you may have blown a fuse or shorted out the sensor wires on your install. Not all OEM stuff works correctly. Sounds like you blew a main fuse. The ECU also knows the ABS doesn't work. Was your battery dead? or just not firing the engine? I think Todd has a wiring schematic in the down loads section.

Last edited:
These are the symptoms for the battery going flat. DAMHIK

Stephen

It was running at 11.8 volts when I fired it up this morning. Shut it off and then it wouldn't start a second time. On a charger all day. I checked the relay on the new fog lamps, made sure its connected well as well as any other wires I may have disrupted. Why would the new lamps drain the battery? The 40 amp fuse under the seat had a bit of plastic melted on one of the legs. The slot for the fuse was a bit melted. I cleaned it up and put it back in. The system ran at 13.8 volts with the newly charged battery. I turned the high beams and the fog lights on and it dropped to 13.1 volts. I turned the hazard lights on as well and it star dropped to 11.7 volts. I wiggled the 40amp fuse and it jumped back up to 13.4. The fuse was hot.
As I read in another post, I will put an in-line fuse in. This should solve charging problem. I hope.
Would the low voltage have caused the ABS to stop?
I still need to clear the SERVICE readout.

A hot fuse holder is not good, it may have lost its spring tension in the holder causing a resistance, You may need to replace the holder.

Last edited:
I haven't read up on how to get rid of the service icon yet.
I did purchase a big fuse holder and a mega 40 amp fuse to handle the heat. I will solder it in to the existing leads.
How will the load be if I put a heated seat and handle bar grips on?

Whats the max wattage of the grips, the seat and all the other "stuff" coming off that 40A fuse. With the new fuse/holder it shouldn't get hot at all, the reason the old one got hot was there was a resistance across the holder, it should be zero.

And it might be worth mentioning that you can always add another fuse or circuit breaker to the system
and reduce the current through the main fuse . The code to rid you of a service wrench icon is 34534 (IIRC). Peter

Back