• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heated Grips for MGX

Unfortunately, I haven't any photos for my connections, but it could be a good idea :)), but they are the same as the cali euro3 model before 2017, in the fairing at the right side of the front of the tank, you have just to remove the black plastic cover (left and right, is more convenient) . You have 2 small connectors , already in the wiring .
I give you a photo of the service manual :
You have just to connect directly the wires from the grips and to weld them, or to add a female connector to plug on the bike connectors , that is the best solution . (mine)
In fact, the grips on the bike are the same as the ones on the V85TT, except the length . On the Cali, it's 120 mm, and 130 mm on the V85TT. That's why Guzzi don't mount them on both bikes, also, due to the small quantity of 1400 Cali sold in the world, it's my opinion.
But Guzzi is Guzzi , and sometimes, their decisions are very strange :))
Vizir

201016120856259430 201016121309672533 201016121443444381 201016121730470344

Euro3 model below completely different as Euro4

Last edited:
Very interesting. Question on functionality - do you end up with only one heat setting (on/off)?

That is.....crazy. So everything is there, except for the actual grips. Guzzi lists that button as only for the MGMP. I would say that you could get the OEM heated grips for the 2016 and prior, and just remove and refit the right one to the throttle tube, but why do that when you can fit the Oxfords in at 1/3 of the cost? Thanks Vizir for documenting all of this.

Dave

I’m so excited to do this.
Are the Molex connector part numbers 1501761020 and 1501761021?

Any reason the Oxfords couldn't be wired into the original harness connector ? Love all those
dash board distractions :) . Peter

Thank you! I think I understand. I bought the grips and now I just need to buy the connectors.

I missed the earlier post concerning his connecting them to the OEM harness , my bad ,( as they say).
From here my concern is with an earlier remark concerning the current draw of the Oxfords vs the
oem grips , I have no small fear of damaging the instrument cluster on my still warranty(able ?) 2018
Eldorado ! Peter

not really,because you have removed at least 0,5 mm of plastic at the right grip, to install the oxford grip :))
But what kind of problem may occur ?
Vizir

I have no idea of the potential problems , however in an earlier post it was mentioned that the draw from the
Oxfords was more than the originals ( almost double the draw , and probably much warmer). This may be of no
consequence , because I don't know if that makes any difference to the instrument cluster . I truly hope it works
fine forever , because I like the idea of the oem switch and of course being in Canada , it's nice to be able to
move your fingers after a ride :) . Peter

I can't speak for the OEM grips, but the Oxfords draw less than 4A. If you're concerned, again, you can always get the OEM grips for the Euro3 model, and remove and reinstall the right grip on the Euro4 throttle tube.

Dave

OxfordTouring

No, it's not possible to install the original euro3 model instead of E4 model and inversely.
If you read this thread completely, you'll understand that they are completely different .
Vizir

No, it's not possible to install the original euro3 model instead of E4 model and inversely.
If you read this thread completely, you'll understand that they are completely different .
Vizir

I have followed this entire thread, so I'm aware of the differences. The main reason listed for incompatibility is the throttle tube (cable vs. integrated electronics). I was thinking you could remove and replace the throttle side onto the electronic throttle tube, but that won't work, since the OEM heated grips would have the wires as part of the throttle tube, and aren't designed to slip over an existing throttle tube like the Oxfords. Also the handlebar has a new part number for 2017+, so I'm not even sure the screw holes are there for the grip on the clutch side either.

Last edited:
One thing to pass along (at least here in the USA) - Oxford does sell each grip separately as a replacement part. You could order a left & right grip from Cycle Gear and save another $40 or so if you know you are going to use the OEM setup instead of the Oxford controller. Be sure and get the 2 wire ones though, and not the newer 3 wire ones for the Evo series.

Dave

Back