• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

K&N V7II air filter contest

Ty Cobb

Just got it firing!
I effed up and bought the wrong filter from Todd. My bike is 2012 V7 my mistake.

V7II kn

So lets have some fun.

The first post to identify this American hotshoe by his nickname wins.

Lol no

For the winner I will put the filter in a Priority Mail box and send to you. Continental US only.

I probably won't log on until tomorrow. Let the games begin!

Was he the “hardest working man in GNC racing” ?

( if the border opens up you can send it to Ogdensburg NY )
Or a Aquaintance in Vermont .

V7 II !!! Never mind ;(

Last edited:
Was he the “hardest working man in GNC racing” ?

( if the border opens up you can send it to Ogdensburg NY )
Or a Aquaintance in Vermont .

V7 II !!! Never mind ;(

Canada, eh? That's America's hat. Wrong answer anyway :party:

No one becomes AMA #1 without working hard. His nickname was much shorter :mask:

I'm hoping a fellow geezer comes along......

The filter will fit 2013~Current V7. I can get a few more of the awesome BMC filters or K&Ns for the '09-12 V7s. I'll put them online if you want one.

I know who it is, but I can't play.

Not really an old guy here, just was into racing at a young age. You do believe that don't you? I believe that's Buritto aka Gene Romero.

I got into motorcycles in the mid 60's. Enduro bikes for starters and then to street bikes. I was a racing news sponge collecting everything I could read or watch. Gene was a hot item at this time. I traveled to races whenever the job or the finances allowed and I saw many of the big names of the 70's and into the 80's. To me that was the glory years of motorcycle racing. These guys were fast and no ABS, TC, or other computerized gadgets to keep them upright. I had several "heroes" and Gene was among them.

NavyDad,
You sir are a credit to your nation and your service!

Gene 5 349549

Yes, the late, great, Gene Romero. May he rest in peace.

That was fun. If it makes one person look him up it was worth it.

NavyDad, send me your contact stuff via email and I can probably have tracking for you tomorrow.

Thanks all!:)

I used Google image search to find out who is Gene "Burritto" Romero.
Not really into dirt oval track racing, but went to a race only one time in early 90's when a college buddy's wife's cousin was in town to race in North Phoenix, AZ. It blew my mind on how fast (and loud) these guys were going and I don't think these guys use brake at all :eek::eek:.
Of course, I could not comprehend why MotoGP racers would practice American dirt track to hone their skills. Maybe it is similar to motocross racers practicing on trials to be better on balance and throttle control?

The closest I have came to motorcycle racing personally was trials in Arizona in early 90's and late 90's in southern California. One of the best times of my life, regardless of how fast we were going :D:D.

Is he holding onto the fork tubes to get “The Best” streamlining !!!
Yes, but it looks like he has the tank is that shot. Many others, me included, used to grab the fork tube to help hold the front end slap and for streamlining both.

I was 16 in1970 and anything with two wheels and a motor had my interest. I was in love with British bikes. They looked "right". HDs seemed heavy and slow and the Japanese had yet to really take off. This was the last gasp from the Brits before the XR750 took over flat track and the Japanese fours dominated road racing.

Guys like Romero, Dick Mann, and Gary Nixon soldiered on with the Limey bikes although the writing was on the wall. Romero went to Yamaha, Nixon to Kawasaki, and Mann retired in'74.

What I really love about the pic of Romero, tucked in on his Bonneville, is the work boots on his feet. That was racing gear at the time.

NavyDad: Send me an email!

if we be playin' the who is who game....i got one for ya.... Name this current rider....
Hint, Dirt like the burrito, but not flat track...
Gj

Back