• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7 Mk I-III 2>1 SS Exhaust System

I just picked up my bike from Todd with the 2>1 exhaust and remap. Previously I had a pair of the Mistral reverse cone slip ons (Which I LOVED).

Here are the differences between the two if anyone is wondering. GTx is a tad big quieter at idle, but when revved, its MUCH louder than the Mistrals. While riding, it is much louder and rowdier as well, you can definitely hear the beat of the engine a lot clearer than the low rumble of the Mistrals.

Mistrals were closer to a cruiser like low rumble, and the GTx sounds more like a sport bike, much meaner and aggressive, though higher pitched than the Mistrals, it is PLEASING to the ears!

Throttle seems to be more responsive as well through the rev range, it seems like after the swap, Im riding the bike in higher RPMS than before!

Overall, Im LOVING these pipes! and I absolutely LOVE the looks of the thing too!
If you are on the fence, I suggest you JUST DO IT!

So I now have a handful of 2>1 systems for the V7 III on the shelf, both in Racer high mount as shown below, or low mount for all of the other models; Stone, Special and Anniversario. Available in brushed stainless, mirror polished or black coated as shown. Click pic below for info or HERE. Any input here from those that are interested in purchasing one?

So I now have a handful of 2>1 systems for the V7 III on the shelf, both in Racer high mount as shown below, or low mount for all of the other models; Stone, Special and Anniversario. Available in brushed stainless, mirror polished or black coated as shown. Click pic below for info or HERE. Any input here from those that are interested in purchasing one?

Definitely a beautiful piece of work (as usual), but with the new Tuning Fork steed in the garage it'll be awhile before I'm ready to add one of these! Oh, and I'm MK 2 v7

Simply beautiful. Can you make me a 3>1 for my Yami?
I can. Just need the bike at my shop for a week. Ping me direct email if serious; Todd at GuzziTech.com

I got one set of low mount V7 III 2>1 polished, and one set brushed (bottom pic), back from the polisher today. Ready to go. Who’s first?

119703E5 C5FA 4F8D B66D 0C2F9AC2923F
922F81F3 0369 4E0B 8EF6 D0D6DB41C565
19C29D54 178D 4570 8257 4B8ADDD63DB6

Hi Todd can you build something like this for a late '12 V7 I Special (low mount, polished)?
Sure, meaning the muffler design(?), as I have the rest of the system on the shelf for the V7 Mk I.

Sure, meaning the muffler design(?), as I have the rest of the system on the shelf for the V7 Mk I.
Yes! Thanks Todd sounds like a good upgrade. Is this the best option for weight, torque and breathing? My apologies if it has been covered in the past.

Yes! Thanks Todd sounds like a good upgrade. Is this the best option for weight, torque and breathing? My apologies if it has been covered in the past.
Weight would be less with my standard 12” meg for your year, as the GP meg is several pounds heavier, otherwise yes on all. Well covered on the Forum here.
If you want me to custom make you the muffler, I have a very narrow window to do so now on paid order. Purchase a new V7III system on the Store, and I’ll build one, but time is running out quickly. Other info, email direct only.

Hi all. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Guzzi for some time now. Other bikes I have/had include Kawi triples, FZR 400, Bultaco flattrack, EX500 road race bike, and lots of dirt bikes. But this is my first Itallian, and my first brand new bike:

2017 VIII Racer
VIN ZGULDUB04HM00137
#396/1000
Purchased yesterday! (2/8/19)

I suspected this would be the bike for me at this stage in my riding life (I'm not 20 anymore, and I needed a bike that won't tempt me to keep riding like I'm 20 :) And the ride home confirmed it! Rides great, love the torque/sound/feel, power is about right to keep me riding mellow, and its beautiful to my eyes!

Been reading the forum the last few weeks, and have already got some great ideas for upgrades. My plans:

Ditch the big, heavy pipes. Looking at Todd's full system, but am torn between 2-2 or 2-1. Any opinions on which sounds/performs better? I'm leaning towards the 2-1, but I haven't found any pics of the right side of the bike to see how it looks without a pipe on that side If anybody has a pic, I'd love to see it.

Revove Evap/air injection, etc

New fuel filter

ECU flash

Fender eliminator kit

Drop forks 10-20 mm (bike sits a little high in the front, and though I'm happy with how it rides, I wouldn't mind for the steering to be a touch quicker...

I'm looking forward to talking to you all (especially Todd) to share ideas and our mutual love for these bikes. Also would love to meet/go on a ride with those who are in SoCal. Do folks still meet at the Rock Store or elsewhere every month or so?

Thanks!!

Here is my bike with the GuzziTech 2:1 and Tail Tidy from the side opposite of the exhaust exit. I can bring up some more that are more straight on if that helps you.

I have the ECU remap done too among a few other things to the bike. I think the 2:1 looks gorgeous on the bike, and will look even better when I finally get some proper shocks on the bike like the Ohlins (gold) or the Nitrons (blue).

I've heard the 2:2 and have the 2:1, from what I understand there is just the slightest advantage to the 2:1 somewhere on the dyno but I don't remember exactly where, and its very minimal. The 2:2 looks brilliant as these bikes look great with 2:2 exhausts, but the 2:1 gives it a slightly more aggressive look, in my opinion, especially with a tail tidy. If I remember right the 2:1 is slightly louder too. If you haven't heard GuzziTech's exhaust, I'm happy to meet with you, a fellow GuzziTech 2:2 rider did the same for me before I purchased as well and it really help solidify my decision.

I did new tires on the bike in the form of Continental Road Attack III's with a slightly smaller tire up front, it really spiced up the front end steering into corners which might be of interest to you too.

Let me know if you want a more profile picture of the side with out the exhaust.

jBTZNT3.jpg

2017 VIII Racer
2>1 vs. 2:2 — 2>1 is of course lighter, and the power hits harder off of idle, and has more midrange with zero sacrifice on top end gains. 2:2 has a linear power build which feels like it has more top end power (it doesn’t). Pics below of the left side. Chat any time direct email.

5CB223FF 2E92 4AD6 8A5F BA7D93E7C10F 7C9A9184 BD6E 47FE 8BDE C71C63008799 C80A36BD F7B4 498E B5E8 00D4830C2EA5

Here is my bike with the GuzziTech 2:1 and Tail Tidy from the side opposite of the exhaust exit. I can bring up some more that are more straight on if that helps you.
Is that the brushed finish? Yeah, more pics of the other side please.

Is that the brushed finish? Yeah, more pics of the other side please.
We both thought you were asking about the left side, as I also posted above.
Should be plenty of pics on the right side on the online Store and exhaust threads here, but I have those below handy (yes, brushed finish on Tyler’s bike). I’ll be moving these posts to the exhaust threads soon.

33114836 A85C 43C5 A208 58293DC8751F 788D1165 CDC9 4F1B 8C1B 0009E3902C37

We both thought you were asking about the left side, as I also posted above.
Should be plenty of pics on the right side on the online Store and exhaust threads here, but I have those below handy (yes, brushed finish on Tyler’s bike). I’ll be moving these posts to the exhaust threads soon.
We were asking about the left side, thanks for the pics.
I asked for right side pics because the store has only two pics of the V7III 2-1 and they both are the black version. I'm trying to visualize brushed finish 2-1 or 2-2 on my V7III Racer to replace the factory black. Thanks again.

We were asking about the left side, thanks for the pics.
I asked for right side pics because the store has only two pics of the V7III 2-1 and they both are the black version. I'm trying to visualize brushed finish 2-1 or 2-2 on my V7III Racer to replace the factory black. Thanks again.
Welcome, and I moved the posts to this exhaust thread. Skim the posts and pics here.
I have the brushed system shown above... Sad to say, even after one year, I haven't yet sold even one brushed or polished system to anyone, which means someone has the chance to be the one and only on the planet!

Are the 2-1 Exhaust systems for the VIIs completely incompatible with the VIIIs? I much prefer the look of the VII system but I own a VIII.

Are the 2-1 Exhaust systems for the VIIs completely incompatible with the VIIIs? I much prefer the look of the VII system but I own a VIII.
They are not compatible, largely the header size and flange. We can do custom fit, as we've done just one of what you're looking for. If you're ready to buy, email me direct; Info @GuzziTech.com

It looks like I have a choice to make. I want an aftermarket exhaust and am quickly narrowing it down to GTM offerings, but I'm torn on what I want. A 2-into-1 exhaust gives performance gains in the low to mid range which is honestly where I spend most of my time. But I love the sound and look of a dual exhaust. That stereo rumbling I hear behind me is intoxicating, especially with a decel pop here and there. It's lovely. Not sure if I want to get rid of it. But those performance gains are hard to argue with.

Back