• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

This and That about nothin' in particular... V7III Racer

Godfrey

High Miler
GT Famiglia
A few weeks back, on a bicycle ride, I and a couple of my moto friends ran into a young man riding a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 ("red arrow" or something like that, in Swedish). Pretty bike, essentially a Huskie branded KTM now that KTM owns Husqvarna. Anyway, it turned out that he was a designer who owned a company producing bicycle carry systems, and had a hand in designing the frame of one of my friends' gravel bike. And that he had a bag specifically for that bicycle.

To make a longish story a little shorter, he joined us for breakfast a week ago, and my friend bought one of his frame bags (which are very nicely made and fitted for that bicycle). I invited him back to visit again yesterday and promised to bring Racer to the gathering, since we'd all be talking motorcycles but were all on bicycles both occasions we'd seen him.

Racer took just a few minutes prep from his ongoing slumber through the COVID-19 lockdown: Cover off, battery tender off, locks off the wheels, and a dust down to remove the unsightliest bits on the frame and swing arm. Tire pressures check fine. The fuel in the tank is only about a month old. I backed him off the parking stand and hit the starter button: the music from the Agostinis sang out instantly. Gods, this is a sweet motorcycle!

It was cold, I stayed off the freeways and took a nice little back roads path to the cafe. Marc arrived a bit later and parked next to Racer. I saw him standing there, just agog, and walking around and around it. I walked over.

"DAMN, that bike is beautiful!" I smiled.

We chatted for a bit, wandered back to the group across the street and I saw his eyes drifting back to the bike over and over again. We walked back to the bikes.

"Can I ride it? Just around the block? Please...?!"
"Sure. Just don't drop it." I smiled.

He hopped on and fired Racer up. Every head across the street turned, silent, and smiled at the sound. Marc rolled away, revving carefully, and walked back.

"Trusting, aren't you?" my buddy said. "Eh, I have his bike. And his bag. And his wallet..." I laughed. Conversation and banter carried on, and then I heard that exhaust note coming around the corner at the opposite end of the street. Marc rolled up and silenced it, rolled it back to the curb and got off.

"OMG! What a sweet bike to ride! It's just so easy, so forgiving, and it wants you to push it, punch it, soooo badly...!!!"
I laughed, "Yeah, it's a proper putt for a teenager like me." I grinned, Marc is half my age. He laughed out loud.

I took the fast way down the highway home. Racer sang, My grin expanded across my face to my ears and the top of my head cracked off and blew away in the wind.

Ah, youth!!! :D

G

No matter where you go, go there on a Guzzi.

DAYUM !

I want a Cafe racer style bike to add to the garage... Lots of ideas out there - a V35 perhaps...
Anyone have one around they are *keen* to part with ?

( In Quebec Bikes are plated $$ By CC ( 399< $$ - 400< $$$ ) and Sport [$$$$] vs. Touring [$$$} . under 399cc would make the next ( 3rd ) one cheaper to plate [Tag ])

In Quebec bikes are plated in 2 groups: &%#$ing expensive and you've got to be &%#$ing joking expensive!
Anything considered a "sport bike" or crotch rocket and you can easily pay more for your plate and insurance than your payments on the bike.

Amusing, although I'm not entirely sure where you guys are going with this stuff.

My annual California registration fee this year (2017 V7III Racer, personalized license plate, taxes, etc) was $260/year. It tends to drop a little every year because it's based on the estimated value of the vehicle, I think. Insurance for the year (required liability plus comprehensive) was $168/year. All told, it's a little over $400 a year to keep the bike ready for the road, not counting any maintenance or fuel costs.

G

Yes Godfrey that’s exactly where we’re going ;) The cost of having a motorcycle on the road ! ( thank you for posting some numbers )
So it costs you based on your demographic roughly $400 US a year
It costs me roughly $800 Cdn

My brother lives “next door” In Ontario, he pays $40 for the plate and near $800 for insurance, (Honda 750 Shadow )

PS: we’ve both had our M licenses for many years, and we’re Not in the Crazy @#$&$# Group, we’re both in the old enough to know better group
;)

PPS: if your a young 16 year old on your first bike the Quebec costs will be the same for the plates , insurance will vary depending on the bike, New/old - Dirt/Sport etc...
In Ontario my nephew tried to get a 175 Honda plated and insured + $2000.oo ( it’s still in my brothers garage...)

Last edited:
Hi Godfrey - sorry for the hyjack of your - Isn’t tte V7 Racer great thread - into the DAM - it’s gonna cost me $$$$$$ to get a Cafe Racer on the road each year thread :swear:

Last edited:
They are cool. I'm looking at buying my first motorbike (I did used to ride a friends Honda Hurricane 26 years ago) and I'm close to closing a deal on a 2014 V7 Racer with only 1,600km's (1,000 miles) on it. I do prefer that later model racers that don't have the red wheel hubs as I find the 2014 a bit too flashy for me, but the price is very good and it's being sold a couple of hours away from me vs out of the province.

This one has an Agostini exhaust but also comes with the stock pipes just in case I find the aftermarket one too loud. It's hard to tell from youtube videos how loud they really are but I don't want to be obnoxious.

They are cool. I'm looking at buying my first motorbike (I did used to ride a friends Honda Hurricane 26 years ago) and I'm close to closing a deal on a 2014 V7 Racer with only 1,600km's (1,000 miles) on it. I do prefer that later model racers that don't have the red wheel hubs as I find the 2014 a bit too flashy for me, but the price is very good and it's being sold a couple of hours away from me vs out of the province.

This one has an Agostini exhaust but also comes with the stock pipes just in case I find the aftermarket one too loud. It's hard to tell from youtube videos how loud they really are but I don't want to be obnoxious.

Nice, would that be the one in Edmonton ?
Too far for me ;(

Lethbridge Alberta. About 2 hours from me in Calgary.

Which is the one in Edmonton? the one in Lethbridge was listed over the summer and now the advertisement has been pulled but, luckily I kept his number. I'm hoping we can make something work on it.

The Guzzi V7 Racer is a beautiful machine for sure, and a delight to ride. The seating position suits me perfectly, it's as if it was designed based on someone just my size.

The Agostini mufflers on the V7III Racer make just the right sound. They're just loud and throaty enough to sound like 'a proper motorcycle' to the rider, but not at all obnoxious to others on the road or on the streets you ride through. This is, of course, with the 'db killer' restriction in place ... and I can see absolutely no justification for removing it either on a power or noise level basis. Outfitted with the custom ECU map that Todd devised for me, it's just perfect.

G

Lethbridge Alberta. About 2 hours from me in Calgary.

Which is the one in Edmonton? the one in Lethbridge was listed over the summer and now the advertisement has been pulled but, luckily I kept his number. I'm hoping we can make something work on it.

I see two on Kijiji out west, one in Edmonton, and one in Calgary that the guy wants the price of a *New*one :think:

Amusing, although I'm not entirely sure where you guys are going with this stuff.

My annual California registration fee this year (2017 V7III Racer, personalized license plate, taxes, etc) was $260/year. It tends to drop a little every year because it's based on the estimated value of the vehicle, I think. Insurance for the year (required liability plus comprehensive) was $168/year. All told, it's a little over $400 a year to keep the bike ready for the road, not counting any maintenance or fuel costs.

G
That is really quite resonable !
I doubt you in the Under 25 class..

Back