• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

Brian,

I am rather direct and to the point and those not used to people like me, often misinterpret me or attribute “tone” to me that actually isn’t there at all. I understand. I myself, find it difficult to understand people who are not direct and to the point.

I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. Your question was fine but you misinterpreted my direct answer.

Apologies but I am never snarky. If I have an opinion, and I choose to express it, it’s just direct and to the point.

Todd said it more eloquently “The bike is a global bike, and the system is designed to handle elevation changes as delivered”.

I’m glad you got the answer you were seeking. Todd sells fantastic fueling solutions which will provide you with the rideability you are seeking.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Scott, I'm the same way. Way to blunt for some.
The biggest problem is forgetting some people who have no mechanical experience even though they might have hidden talents and they really want to learn. just a fact of our times. Dad went to the dealer, accepted second-class work many times because he didn't know any better so most never got to learn. "just try and find somebody to balance car tires right". I took my kid's truck into the GMC dealer for an oil change. It came back 1 1/2 quarts over on oil and 2 quarts low on transmission fluid. So much for the experts! I guess sometimes we have to back up and have a bit more patience. Not easy!

Just Joined. Great site. Long time rider, 1st Guzzi. I Have a 2020 V7 III Rough. Adding Agostini short exhaust. Baffles will remain in.

Brian, in case it wasn't on your radar yet, your V7 III with aftermarket exhaust will greatly benefit from the SAS block-off kit, also sold by GTM. The SAS is responsible for much popping once you add a (cat-less) free flowing exhaust.

__Jason

Indeed - it seems to rev more freely now,

IThe only thing the flash tool need’s ( and this is beyond GTech’s control) is the maintenance reminder reset.
It’s “lit” on mine now, but it almost invisible , a perk of getting older is that I can hardly notice it :wasntme:
On my V7II the "MAINT" is reset via one of the dash buttons and key on-off combo, I'm too miserable to google the exact procedure :)

If I ride part-time over the Winter, my odometer should reach its first service interval around March-April. A perfect setup for peak riding season in Vancouver.

I should also be buying the ECU flash and an air block-off kit shortly thereafter!

COVID has neutered all vacation planning indefinitely. Glad I have this as a short-term goal to work towards.

Can’t hardly wait!

On my V7II the "MAINT" is reset via one of the dash buttons and key on-off combo, I'm too miserable to google the exact procedure :)

I can’t blame you for being miserable, having to spend your whole life upside down !
I was in Sydney and Camberra several years ago and it was quite challenging needing to hold onto something when moving around to keep from falling off :eek:.

Funny you should mention the popping, I just did the SAS removal Saturday night and indeed the those pops when backing off throttle are gone,
I was sort of getting used to them ;)

All the rice tuners near my seem to love that off throttle popping...

Brian, in case it wasn't on your radar yet, your V7 III with aftermarket exhaust will greatly benefit from the SAS block-off kit, also sold by GTM. The SAS is responsible for much popping once you add a (cat-less) free flowing exhaust.

__Jason

Jason,
I did come across that info looking through and reading the various threads. I have purchased it on another order. So much great information here, and to know its facts, real world mechanics and riders, not product rep speculation. The bike was so great factory stock. And I am 100% confident in these mods. Looking forward to an exceptional machine to ride. I also upgraded the suspension with info Todd posted to another a while back. Been riding a long time, this bike will never be sold. Worth every penny. I will post the parts and new results. Glad this forum was created !

Two questions, if I may. On a completely stock bike with Todd’s basic map - are the O2 sensors turned off and with the map being richer in places is the lifespan of the catcon reduced? Will it eventually block or run too hot?

Two questions, if I may. On a completely stock bike with Todd’s basic map - are the O2 sensors turned off and with the map being richer in places is the lifespan of the cat-con reduced? Will it eventually block or run too hot?
They are, and in many places the map is leaner (take guessing out of the equation). Unless there is a massive fueling delivery failure (clogged injectors mostly), the cat-cons are a non-issue.

Would I still be able to get my bike serviced and inspected (I'm from NYC) if I have done an EVAP and SAS delete?

What Bike - How Old ?
New Bike they might Whine -
Old Bike ( Out of Warranty ) they would probably not care.
( Except - if they are bound by Law to ensure that the bike meets Emissions regulations as delivered from the Manufacturer )
Like a shop in California maybe ?

Don
PS: I'm just a Rider, like you - I know Nothing John SNOW !

What Bike - How Old ?
New Bike they might Whine -
Old Bike ( Out of Warranty ) they would probably not care.
( Except - if they are bound by Law to ensure that the bike meets Emissions regulations as delivered from the Manufacturer )

Don
PS: I'm just a Rider, like you - I know Nothing John SNOW !

Thank you for the reply! I have an '86 V65C handed down from my father but I have no intention of modding that at all.

I will be purchasing a new V7 III Stone (hopefully S or Night Pack) and am considering the ECU re-flash and recommended EVAP and SAS deletes.

Loading the original ECU spec before a dealer visit should be no problem but I wouldn't want to replace the EVAP and SAS every time I look to service my bike. I'm guessing no one here is having to do that though.

If so, would it be worth me learning how to service the bike myself? I've done oil changes on my V65C myself but never transmission or fork oil.

This ‘ol chesnut... the funny irony is that CA is one of the easiest states. Once it leaves the showroom floor, it never gets looked at ever again, and I mean ever... not even when it changes ownership, etc. no safety inspections, nothing. Period
As to emissions; All bikes are global bikes. The 49-state bike thing died ~20 years ago now.

This ‘ol chesnut... the funny irony is that CA is one of the easiest states. Once it leaves the showroom floor, it never gets looked at ever again, and I mean ever... not even when it changes ownership, etc. no safety inspections, nothing. Period
As to emissions; All bikes are global bikes. The 49-state bike thing died ~20 years ago now.

So what’s the big panic *We* keep hearing about, if you have after market anything under the hood, that’s not @@@@ compliant ?
Does it only apply to automobiles?
And
I wasn’t referring to your shop as one who ensures state emission compliance!

I am only beginning to learn about the registration requirements of motorcycles, but with automobiles it varies widely from state to state, and even county to county within states. Obviously this is within the US.

Where I live, they don't do emissions testing. In the county I just moved from, they do with automobiles and it involves checking the OBDII system for faults as well as an actual running exhaust test for hydrocarbons or whatever they test for. I have never heard of them hooking up to a motorcycle's OBD system or testing the exhaust, and was curious enough to look and many regions specifically exempt motorcycles.

So, best I could tell you would be to look up the specifics to your individual location.

Even still, I doubt anyone but a dealership's service department could tell if a bike had an aftermarket ECU map. An emissions testing station would most likely only be able to pull fault codes. They might notice an altered EVAP system and they might be savvy enough to know if a particular exhaust was compliant. Fortunately for me, I live in an area where there is no specific noise laws for motorcycles other than "it has to have a muffler" and there is no emissions testing.

Back