• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

transforming a 1998 EV 11 Touring...

Hey could anyone help me with some small mods for a small man? I’m only 5’4” and I have a 98’ ev 11 cali I wana drop it a couple inches and don’t know where to start. Are seats interchangable on guzzi’s(can I switch out the big corben seat with a low profile seat from a stock guzzi website from a different model guzzi?) And would a dog bone and shorter front forks be sufficient?
Just seeing this. In short, most California model seats post '98 will work, yes. No dog bone as these are twin shock models, so you'd need shorter rear shocks, and you can slide the forks up in the triples a few inches as well. Depending on your budget (if on the cheap, I can't be of much help), but if you want custom shocks, see the Store tab at the top of the page.

"Yes, I have the air box element ring in the Store; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-cnc-cal-1100-air-box-lid/ "

I've just hacked the lid off a standard airbox to simulate this mod, leaving just a ring to hold the filter in place. The bike fires and runs well until I attempt to put the tank back on when it dies and cuts out, refusing to start until I move the tank back on it's mounting. Is there the smallest chance that the tank is somehow blocking air to the filter? it certainly feels like it.

I'm in the process of doing the same type of thing. I'm turning my 2001 Cali Special into a roadster. I started with a "Tank Shop" tank, I had to remove the air box for the tank to fit, so replaced it with K&N pod filters. I then removed the collector box and standard silencers. I replaced these with an "H" pipe crossover and a pair of Mistral silencers. The bike ticks over fine, but I will probably have to fit a power commander once I have road tested it. I have used a modern V7 seat and tail unit, which with a bit of adjusting fits quite well. I'm going to use Le Mans style side panels which I have. I've still got to sort out the brackets for these and then fit the front guard. I still need to come up with a solution to move the footrests back.

Transformation 1

IMG E1053

Hi, we met last year at heddon when you brought your bike across. I am planning the same sort of thing on my 1998 cali ev (and sidecar) using a t3 tank, seat, mudguards and sidepanels. So far I have moved the ecu into the battery space and am about to replace the stock airbox with k&n pods. How did you get on with your road tests? Did you need a power commander?

Regards

Andrew (also in Stanley!)

My roadster, made flat side panels and chopped sides off the seat so I could get both feet flat on the ground. Lemans 4 tank added some fuel capacity. Love riding this bike .2000 Jackal.
593D4843 47EA 4F7A B90B 799AC34B13D3

AEAE4898 1BA2 4672 9448 7DB3EF472158

Last edited:
I have a couple of ‘07 California Vintage machines in pretty great shape. I removed the luggage and their attendant mounts and guards on one of them and the bike lost 45 pounds. I re-calibrated the suspension, installed some Pirelli Sport Demons, put on a Black Eagle seat, and ordered some parts to change out the handlebars and a few other details. Well, parts are taking forever to arrive, but here are a couple of photos to give you an idea of what I’m going for. The handling on this bike is super. Between the tires, suspension setup, and weight loss, it fulfills the promise of the Black Eagle without the cheesy omissions and flat black paint job. I still love my full-on touring Vintage too, but light weight turns the modified version into a very comfy blast to ride on backroads.

DDF4F9B1 340A 4F25 96DD 14F0D81C004C

C53EC0CD 8225 4084 8845 FA9C026E78A9

633B0555 FC63 4DAF 92B7 337463CF37E6

Back