• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Correct heated grips for 2007 Breva 1100

tobinh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
I know there's an old thread on this, but I can't reply to it for some reason.

I'm trying to buy a replacement right hand heated grip for my 2007 Breva 1100. The reason I need a replacement is because my original heated grip was the wrong one, and I had the exact problem kiwi dave described in the previous thread - the wire was at a sharp angle and broke shortly after.

I assumed it was just poorly designed, but now I realize there are at least two different models.

I checked out the part numbers kiwi dave lists in the old thread, but they've been updated now, and many places list the 977711 part number as specifically fitting the later bikes with the 'joystick control', such as:

af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=46394

the 977768 part number, listed above by kiwi dave as the RH heated grip for the later bikes now updates to 977906, which might be the right one, but it's also the same price as buying a set of both grips. since they're the same price, I'd rather just buy a set.

so.... I guess I'm asking, will the current 977711 parts work for the later bikes? have they been updated?

Or you could just buy a set of Oxfords OF691 Premium Touring grips. I've successfully married these to a V85 using the built in controller, and I see no reason why they wouldn't work with the Breva.

Or you can order the one on offer, and negotiate a return if it doesn't fit deal.

Or you could just buy a set of Oxfords OF691 Premium Touring grips. I've successfully married these to a V85 using the built in controller, and I see no reason why they wouldn't work with the Breva.

Or you can order the one on offer, and negotiate a return if it doesn't fit deal.

ah I was hoping you were still around! I'd be very happy to use the Oxford units, by 'built in controller' do you mean the Guzzi one? there were some comments on the old thread about the amperage...or something... being too much for the Guzzi dash. are these ones okay to use?

if not, I will order the ones available and see how they work. I'd like to preserve the use of the integrated button on the Guzzi switchgear.

please forgive my electrical ignorance!

also, apparently my 2007 is actually a 2008... possibly a late 2007 but it has the updated switchgear, no center stand (stock) and chrome mirrors. just something I've discovered while trying to puzzle this out.

Hi tobinh,

Did you manage to get one side replaced?
I am asking because my OEM heated grips are only working half. I wanted to use them a couple of days ago and only the right one seemed to get warm. I checked later with bare hands and again today with a digital thermometer. The right one heats up to 40°C and the left does nothing.
I have not been under the tank to look for the wires and am hoping that there is an obvios kink and repair, but also looking for other options.
The oxford idea sounds interesting.

Hi Gaz, sorry for the late reply!

I would certainly check the wires, usually it's the throttle side that fails. The wires break due to the throttle action.

I ended up having to replace the pair. The MG ones are quite expensive, but Todd here at GuzziTech got me the right ones.

Probably not really worth it, unless - like me - you just really like having an integrated button to control them.

I had the tank off and measured resistance on both and they showed exactly the same Ohm. I decided to extend the bike side of the wires so I could reach the connectors without tank removal and I wanted to check the output of each wire, but strange enough when I started the bike up again both grips were working o.k. It might have been a poor / coroded contact under the tank which made contact again after some disconnect and connecting.

Back