• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

Has anyone sourced a shorter screen? Yes, shorter :) I have just tried a Givi airflow but found it terrible. And it confirmed that I definitely don't like looking through a screen. Even using just the bottom part it creates too much turbulence. So back to the original, which is currently the lesser of 3 evils :D

I went the "roll your own" route. First pic is the stock screen cut down and still masked, sitting on top of an unmodified stock screen. Second one is the cut screen installed. It took away the horrendous roar I was getting but still isn't as quiet as when I stand up. If I plan any long trips with hours of highway riding I might spring for a massive screen but for 90% of my riding this will work fine. Previous bikes were sportbikes and naked so I'm not used to large screens and ok with no screen at all.

Screen_5981.jpg

Screen_5998.jpg

And yes I replaced the lower fastener. The stock one stripped while trying to remove it, had to drill it out and replace it.

I went the "roll your own" route. First pic is the stock screen cut down and still masked, sitting on top of an unmodified stock screen. Second one is the cut screen installed. It took away the horrendous roar I was getting but still isn't as quiet as when I stand up. If I plan any long trips with hours of highway riding I might spring for a massive screen but for 90% of my riding this will work fine. Previous bikes were sportbikes and naked so I'm not used to large screens and ok with no screen at all.

Thanks for the pics, that looks pretty good. I'm thinking I may have to do the same, but might see if I can source another standard screen before I start cutting! :D

View attachment 20985 View attachment 20986 View attachment 20987

Skene light controller and Stedi 25w spots. Skene drops power to 30% (user set %) while running and goes to 100% on high beam.

That looks awesome! Does that controller just plug straight into the Guzzi's loom? I saw a comment somewhere that with the standard setup you can only have either the DRL eagle on it's own, or the main light with the auxiliary lights - not the eagle with auxiliary lights??

That looks awesome! Does that controller just plug straight into the Guzzi's loom? I saw a comment somewhere that with the standard setup you can only have either the DRL eagle on it's own, or the main light with the auxiliary lights - not the eagle with auxiliary lights??
I wired mine in independent to the bike, using the Skene wiring diagram. The spots power is adjustable through the controller and it goes to full power on high beam. the spots are on with the power of the bike. Last bike I had, the lights would only be on with engine on, but the V85tt runs with ignition.

IQ 275 Wiring

I wired mine in independent to the bike, using the Skene wiring diagram. The spots power is adjustable through the controller and it goes to full power on high beam. the spots are on with the power of the bike. Last bike I had, the lights would only be on with engine on, but the V85tt runs with ignition.

View attachment 20989
Thanks, that’s good food for thought.

Thanks for the pics, that looks pretty good. I'm thinking I may have to do the same, but might see if I can source another standard screen before I start cutting! :D

Yeah I got my spare screen on sale, but the price went up again right after I bought it. At first I had planned on cutting the stock shape into the top of it, you can barely see the line on the blue tape in the first pic. I had second thoughts because A) It would have been a pain to make it symetric and B) I rationalized that the shape may be adding to the turbulence.

I took about 75mm off it here. If I were to do it again I'd take off a little more. I could cut this one down more I suppose but I'll put more miles on it first... next year. It's in storage now and isn't coming out until spring.

You also mount the caponord Rally model on the V85TT
I just did two hours ago -- front fender for a Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200, part number 2B0024475 -- and that thing is one tight fit. It looks great, like all the photos people here have posted, and it didn't fall off, catch fire, or explode when I took it out for a test ride, but that thing is a fairly tight fit. Indeed, there's so little clearance between it an and the tire that I was reluctant to add the Pyramid fender extender that's languishing on the desk beside me even as I type these words lest I reduce that clearance still further.

This prompts me to ask four questions:

1) How may other people here have gone with the Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200 mudguard?

2) Did I get that part number (2B0024475) right?

3) Did the rest of you think it was tight fit or am I just overreacting?

4) Were you able to add a Pyramid fender extender with no worries (see note above about, "Am I oveerreacting")?

At last, after placing the order with Fowlers of Bristol in September 2019, our V85TT is now equipped with the Aprilia Caponord front mudguard 2B001431 plus Pyramid Plastics Fenda-Extenda SKU: 057173.

Now that they are available again, all the vendors (in Europe) that I've looked at who offer the Aprilia front mudguard list the part number as 2B001431. There isn't a lot of clearance but I've covered 1,800 miles using 2B001431 + SKU: 057173 and haven't had any issues.

When I placed my order with Fowlers they replied as follows:

Part number 2B0024475 which is currently on backorder unfortunately has no ETA available and that information came from directly from the factory unfortunately.

I have also noticed the part number you have ordered is for the Chinese / USA markets and not the European market.

The initial part number you ordered has been replaced with 2B001431.

IMG 2506

Last edited:
Thanks, Chris! That looks exactly the same as my unit. I realized that thee may be some manufacturing variance between these things in the way they come out of the molds. On mine, the sides of the tender flared out, which pulls them closer to the tire. I stuck it inthe oven last night -- after making sure my wife was in the other room, because wives can have strange ideas about the proper use of kitchens -- and heated it up to bend the sides of the fender in. I'll take it out to the bike and see how this worked after I finish breakfast. Which smells like plastic because some idiot stuck a fender in the oven last night :)

Have you seen this?
| Front Mudguard Update
MUA00244 £39.00 INC VAT
£32.50 EX VAT
HelpIcon.gif

Carbon look mudguard upgrade that hugs the front wheel to reduce spray from your front wheel. A popular modification for bikes that will mainly be used on road
For improved weather protection see ACA58195 for a compatible mudguard extension

t.gif

t.gif
Try gutsibits.co.uk they ship to Canada. I have ordered bits for my Griso and V85TT with no problem.
Mick

The Final Word: I did a bit of fiddling and measuring after lunch, and it seems those fenders don't all come out of the mold the same. Very slight changes in the radius of the fender can produce significant changes in clearance with the tires. Still, it's fairly straightforward to pop one in the over, heat it, and change that curvature.

Two valuable lessons learned from this experience:

1 The Aprilla units can stand 300F for 1-2 minutes with no trouble. If you pull it out of the oven after that (wear gloves!!!) , lay it ends-up on folded towel, and push down on the ends, it's easy to flatten it to reduce the curvature. I'll attach the same before' and 'after' photos I posted to WiIldguzzi (please forgive the cross-posting) as an example of how this can double the clearance.

2) If you heat the Pyramid Fender Extender to the same temperature in an effort to fine-tune its shape to exactly match the fender, it will melt, Oops.

X20r60IMG 3970 X20r60IMG 3977

Hi all,
I just purchased my v85tt but second hand, very good condition though
However the tool bag seems quite empty (only have a spring adjustment spanner)
I have a feeling thats not right and now it gets me wondering what else is missing under the seat.
Someone even mentioned a glove box??!!

Can anyone show me a picture of what comes under the seat so I know what I'm missing

Most grateful

Yes as well as the spring adjustment spanner, you should also find two allen keys under the seat.

Spanners that fit the mirrors attachments are always a must, as is a 13mm & 10mm ring and open end spanner. A small dual pozidrive and flat screwdriver may also be required at some stage. I also added a right angle tyre valve extension to allow top up at service stations that appear to only cater for cage drivers.

The bolt & nut that holds the rear wheel on are of unusual sizes, so you might want to carry sockets for these on a trip. I've only once ever had a puncture on the front tyre, it's always the rear that cops it. I also carry a spare tube as it is an uncommon size.

Hi all,
I just purchased my v85tt but second hand, very good condition though
However the tool bag seems quite empty (only have a spring adjustment spanner)
I have a feeling thats not right and now it gets me wondering what else is missing under the seat.
Someone even mentioned a glove box??!!

Can anyone show me a picture of what comes under the seat so I know what I'm missing

Most grateful

Mine came from the factory only with the spring adjuster tool.

Yes as well as the spring adjustment spanner, you should also find two allen keys under the seat.

Spanners that fit the mirrors attachments are always a must, as is a 13mm & 10mm ring and open end spanner. A small dual pozidrive and flat screwdriver may also be required at some stage. I also added a right angle tyre valve extension to allow top up at service stations that appear to only cater for cage drivers.

The bolt & nut that holds the rear wheel on are of unusual sizes, so you might want to carry sockets for these on a trip. I've only once ever had a puncture on the front tyre, it's always the rear that cops it. I also carry a spare tube as it is an uncommon size.

Thanks a ton Dave

Back