• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT with 827miles alarm service warning

Wooly46

Just got it firing!
Hi guys I have a brand new V85TT that has 827 miles on the clock at the moment. whilst out on a two day ride approx 70 miles from home on day two I get the message alarm service. after contacting my dealer who told me not to ride it I waited 8 hours for a recovery. The dealer are going to pick it up but just wondered if anyone had any idea what this could be. For context day one of the ride was 200miles in driving rain. Day two was dry and cold approx 110 before fault came on. Bike felt fine and was riding normal.

BD97B5F7 6504 414F 864E 4F4F8098BCE7

It could be anything really since it's new. Likely a loose connection or a faulty component of some sort.
Fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply.
Have to be fair to Moto Guzzi they were great on the phone and are picking the bike up now.

old thread, my bike is also a 2020, same fault: ALARM SERVICE
dealer is useless, 2 month wait list
couldn't find a single thing wrong, bike runs fine
manual is also useless, vague description of cluster or ECM coms problem - contact dealer
ordered an adaptor to use OBD2 scanner, took a week to get it, then fault was gone
nothing stored either...bike continues to run fine
great bike, terrible dealers

Sadly it seems to be a common problem that Guzzi service sucks. In 5 years I have luckily never needed to bring my bike to the dealer. The closest one is in Montreal 3 1/2 hours away or Toronto about 5 1/2 hours away.
At least now you have the OBDII adapter.

old thread, my bike is also a 2020, same fault: ALARM SERVICE
dealer is useless, 2 month wait list
couldn't find a single thing wrong, bike runs fine
manual is also useless, vague description of cluster or ECM coms problem - contact dealer
ordered an adaptor to use OBD2 scanner, took a week to get it, then fault was gone
nothing stored either...bike continues to run fine
great bike, terrible dealers
It was pretty much the same for me dealer said they couldn’t find anything but we’re able to clear the fault. Not happy with the answer but not much I could do. Almost a month later I had an oil pressure sensor fault. Everything looks as expected with no issues. Bike recovered again and same response. Couldn’t find anything wrong and just cleared the fault. Lost all confidence in the bike and the service. Having bought the bike to do long tours I decided less that a year in to change the bike to a triumph tiger 900 rally pro. A year in and no problems bike is amazing and service has been fantastic from triumph. I love the look and feel of the guzzis but after my experience wouldn’t go back.

It was pretty much the same for me dealer said they couldn’t find anything but we’re able to clear the fault. Not happy with the answer but not much I could do. Almost a month later I had an oil pressure sensor fault. Everything looks as expected with no issues. Bike recovered again and same response. Couldn’t find anything wrong and just cleared the fault. Lost all confidence in the bike and the service. Having bought the bike to do long tours I decided less that a year in to change the bike to a triumph tiger 900 rally pro. A year in and no problems bike is amazing and service has been fantastic from triumph. I love the look and feel of the guzzis but after my experience wouldn’t go back.
That's a shame. Dealer support can make or break an owner experience.

I would suggest that anyone with an E4 or E5 bike pick up the cheap-o diagnostic tools that Todd points out in this thread:

For about $25 you can have the tools you need to diagnose error codes yourself, anywhere, without needing to rely on a dealer.

__Jason

You also need the service manual or a listing of error codes because a generic OBDII scanner will not show the meaning of the Moto Guzzi error codes.

There may be some vendor-specific codes possible, but I would expect the vast majority of them to be industry standard, so a quick google search should find the meaning of the code. I know the errors I've seen on mine are standard ODB codes... nothing specific to Moto Guzzi.

__Jason

There may be some vendor-specific codes possible, but I would expect the vast majority of them to be industry standard, so a quick google search should find the meaning of the code. I know the errors I've seen on mine are standard ODB codes... nothing specific to Moto Guzzi.

__Jason
Your misfire error codes were generic OBDII, but the error codes I saw for the intake manifold air leak were specific to Moto Guzzi. I would not have been able to determine the issue if I had not been able to look up the codes in the service manual. Searching for P1600 and P1602 codes using Google yielded various descriptions for different vehicle brands, but none for Moto Guzzi. I am hoping that the UpMap unit will give more descriptions for error codes than my generic scan tool or OBDII interface.

ECU error codes can be found on THIS site. Try a search. ;)

ECU error codes can be found on THIS site. Try a search. ;)
I tried searching for a list. I saw some for other models, but did not really find anything applicable to the E5 V85TT. I did find that the service manual has the error codes that are not generic OBDII. That is how I found out what was wrong with mine. Maybe we could start a list for the E4/E5 models and keep adding to it like you do with the VIN registrations.

I tried searching for a list. I saw some for other models, but did not really find anything applicable to the E5 V85TT. I did find that the service manual has the error codes that are not generic OBDII. That is how I found out what was wrong with mine. Maybe we could start a list for the E4/E5 models and keep adding to it like you do with the VIN registrations.
Yes, for sure. Just need to extract them and post. If you can get to them, please do.

I will start a list of the ones I found in the service manual. I will post it in the OBDII thread when I get a chance to spend some time reading the manual.

I would suggest that anyone with an E4 or E5 bike pick up the cheap-o diagnostic tools that Todd points out in this thread:

For about $25 you can have the tools you need to diagnose error codes yourself, anywhere, without needing to rely on a dealer.

__Jason
OBD2 doesn't help with this ALARM SERVICE fault
scanner reads no stored or active faults

Does the ALARM SERVICE fault disable the bike? If so, does disconnecting/reconnecting the battery clear it?

I know this is an old thread, but this just started happening to my 2022 E5 V85. UpMap doesn't show any error codes. If anyone has any updates on what's going on with this code, please let me know. I've put about 150 miles on with the warning on, and the bike runs fine (I had to return home from a trip.)

Since low oil pressure will cause that sort of alert, make sure oil level is normal. If engine runs and sounds normal and there are no active or stored OBDII error codes, then it is probably OK to ride home or to the nearest dealer.

Mine had a true manifold air leak which set error codes and initiated limp mode—it was not rideable. You can find the details in other threads.

Back