• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

One Of My Favourite Green Lanes Has Been Ruined...

Hippo-Drones

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Wolvens Lane in Surrey used to be amazing on a dualsport bike, but now it has been wrecked. The Moto Guzzi V85 TT took it all in it's stride though! :D

Thanks @Raven It is a well established lane, and now it has been graded a sportsbike could ride it no problems sadly. Even on my Beta 390 RR I tend to ride slower than most as we have to share these routes with horses and dogs and other people. A lot of the other lanes I play on, are a lot tighter than this, more like goat routes hahaha, lots of fun though, just have to make sure you can stop in the distance you can see! :)

Nice countryside !

There were a few areas out of town where a friend and I used to take our “Dirty Bikes”
The 4 wheelers would make an absolute mess of them, The ruts would turn into axel deep ditches after a few rains into the season, those did get the grading they needed once a year maybe.

As long as they are not out there weekly grading and trimming stray branche etc.. it will be ok, it should return to Normal after some time...

Chin up !

PS: I see you did get the V85 - congrats and happy trails !
Did you trade in the V7 ?
Have you been out 2 up ?

Cheers @DeadEye I don't think there will be funds to keep doing work on it, so hopefully once it has had some use it will bet some of it's character back and become a little more fun again on the dirtybikes! :)
Haha, chin is up... gotta look forward in the muck else you end up face down in it! :D .... and yes that is a metaphor as well as a riding tip! :D

Yup, very much loving it, especially in the McDonald's paint! :D I still have the V7, I traded in my Triumph Street Triple 765R for the V85, I decided there is no way I can sell the V7 now! :D
I've not and quite possibly won't as I hate taking passengers, although may do an experiment for the benefit of a video!

I had a Yamaha IT 125 - 2 stroke and a Honda XR200R - 4 stroke for the dirt and the XR650L as the Plated Dual sport.
*We* made an arrangement that I could get the V7 if i *made Room*.
The 2 little bikes went down the street to a family that enjoys noisy things.

I took the spare pegs Off the Honda - if there is dirt involved it gets the day.
The V7 is for Non Dirt days.

I was thinking of the V85 for longer range comfort and with capacity for the Ms.
"Positive Reviews" would bolster the excuses for the third bike... " I was thinking of You Dear " :think:

Don

Ahh I bet the XR650 is perfect for the dirt trails, but it does sound like you "need" a V85 as well, just so she can enjoy the travelling with you. I'll see if I can find a suitable pillion and do a favourable pillion review for you! :D

I too prefer to ride without a pillion. Fortunately my wife was scared by the power of my Norge the first time she rode on it and won't get on it again. I may have "accidentally" twisted my right hand too much.
I rode dirt bikes for over 40 years before I got a street bike and licence. I had a Suzuki TM125 and then a PE250 and finally a Yamaha YZ250, all 2-strokes.

I'd love a Beta Xtrainer 300cc 2T but with the distance I need to ride to get to the lanes I went 4T with a Beta 390RR, but it still isn't ideal as it needs servicing so regularly. I am tempted by the new Honda CRF300L but it is a lot of money for a low power bike and would probs need the ABS ripping off it completely for it to really be any use in the muck

Back