• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Removing fuel line quick disconnect

Apparently, my difficulty was a bike parked for 5-6 yrs. So, just Using it some loosened it up , so a shot of WD-40 helps.

I also though of WD-40 was a lubricant but like the name says Duh! ( I’m duh - ing myself - i had not clue what it stood for ) Water Dispersant ;)
If the seals were dry they would probably absorb anything - whether that’s good or bad in the case of WD-40 I have no idea... but it might chase any water moisture out of there.

Try petroleum jelly every time you re-assemble. It won't do anything nasty to seals or plastic and taking it apart next time will be easy.

I plan to splice new connectors into the fuel line of my 1200 Sport. I bought chrome plated brass connectors, made by CPC - check out CPC, they are a global manufacturer making quality connectors. There may be a local supplier in your country. I have not installed mine yet but those I have have a 1/4" ID (6.4mm). Importantly, select connectors that use ethanol-resistant VITROL seals. The CPC connectors have automatic shut-off valves on disconnection.

The CPC parts I have are items LCD170-04V and LCD220-04V. The "V" is important, it denotes Vitrol units.

Tony
Hi Tony, presume you have fitted new quick release valve? I had same problem, so in the end made up and fitted new petrol lines including extra 10 inch of petrol line from Tee joint to tank connector. This means I can suspend the tank well above the air box without when servicing and don't have to touch the petrol lines,tank connector or injectors. This dramatic solution was after my third tank connector broke! Can now advise how to make up new lines because after 13 weeks of waiting none arrived from Italy!

Thank you Scott. I'm off to the Ford dealer after the weekend for a couple of spares for my two carcs.
Any advice re the barbed washer that secures it in the bottom of the pump assembly?
Just replaced the fuel filter on the G-11. Easy access and removal.

Thank you Scott. I'm off to the Ford dealer after the weekend for a couple of spares for my two carcs.
Any advice re the barbed washer that secures it in the bottom of the pump assembly?
Just replaced the fuel filter on the G-11. Easy access and removal.

Good luck finding one at the local Ford dealer. I can't even find them online in North America. It's a European Ford part.

It cracks me up a little how people call these a quick disconnect. They are quick connects. These are designed for people in factories, building vehicles. They are meant to go on quickly. The maintenance guy down the line, he isn't of much concern in this process.

This applies to passenger vehicles fuel lines as well. Designed to quickly connect fuel lines, they don't care much how difficult it is to DISCONNECT

Abusus Non Tollit Usum

The connector is simple and efficient to use.

Just because one cannot use it correctly, does not make it a bad design.

I checked. The connectors are still available from numerous places in the UK for about 9 pounds.

I’ve written this before...

You can get a UK mailbox forwarding service from myukmailbox.com and they will forward the part to you for a small fee. I’ve done it many times.

I checked. The connectors are still available from numerous places in the UK for about 9 pounds.

I’ve written this before...

You can get a UK mailbox forwarding service from myukmailbox.com and they will forward the part to you for a small fee. I’ve done it many times.
Thank you Scott. As I am looking for spares for the future, that is a nice option (probably the only option). I haven't broken anything yet, and maybe never will, but it would sure leave me stranded (great excuse for multiple bikes!) When you understand how it works, and you depressurize the system, it is not hard to do it blindfolded under the tank, although two hands helps.
BTW we have a reverse osmosis drinking water system in our kitchen, under the counter. It uses these connectors exclusively. A great source of "hands on" experience. Even here, depressurizing is the key, as stated by John Z in the original post.

Back