• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPS connection

Boanerges

Just got it firing!
On the wiring diagram for the 8v it shows a GPS coupling.
Where do I find it, or is it just a spare port from the fuse box?

I've read that there is a cable tucked away under the right side cover (up by the handlebars) - don't know if this is true but have heard that it is there...

On the Stelvio it is a standard Tomtom plug , about 12mm square with a green plastic innerholding the terminals. It is on the left side cable tied to the fairing frame. Look up from the left fork.

Please tell me now that I have hard-wired my TomTom to my Griso 4V that there is not a standard plug somewhere...

Ed in NJ

Here. Only in 8V.

200822062008086.jpg

Bit of paper with some lines drawn on it,
techno revolution,
called a map
or my favorite travelling mode

wonder where this leads too:p

Kid Thunder wrote:
Ok, I give up. Where is it in the photo?
Don-M
OK, New photo.

1vlh.jpg

You can see the green connector (circled in red) hanging there from the wire. Initially (I hope I can remember correctly, this is an old picture) it was tucked to a hole or cavity in front of the horn (see the arrow). I pulled it out, let it hang there and took the picture.

Then I cut the two binders (marked with cross) and the wire is long enough for the connector to reach my tomtom attached to the steering bar.

It is easily accessible. All you have to do is to remove the right side cover by the fuel tank.

Edit: Picture was missing, added.

I want to add a similar connection to my 2v Griso 1100. Anyone got a 8v wiring diagram to show where/how the other end of the Sat Nav cable is connected? Is it switched on/off by the ignition key? Which fuse does it run off?

Will wrote:
I want to add a similar connection to my 2v Griso 1100. Anyone got a 8v wiring diagram to show where/how the other end of the Sat Nav cable is connected? Is it switched on/off by the ignition key? Which fuse does it run off?
from http://mggriso.guzzitech.com you can download (see Manuals) both 8v and 1100 service manuals. There is a wiring diagram in the service manual.

In Griso8V the connector is "7. GPS coupling"

Thanks everyone, I finally sorted it today.
Green TomTom plug was easy to find, the work of few moments to snip off and fix my garmin plug (posi-tite connectors, genius).
Now my Zumo gets power as soon as the engine starts to run.
Kellermann Micro 1000 indicators and H&B Pannier rack fitted.
Agostini exhaust on order next pay-day.
Pictures soon....

Am I right when i say that there's no fuse for this connector. It seems it leads straight to the generator. I wonder what would happen if there was a short circuit in the GPS or the cable itself.

Garmin lead had a fuse built in. There is plenty of space behind the panel for the slack cable, coiled up and held with cable ties.

does anyone know where to aquire a plug end that can be used to connect the supplied plug to a Garmin ? or just the female adapter that could be spliced to whatever you want to use it for? I'm not sure what the green connector is called? i see gf10 on it but havent had any luck finding anything like it.

I searched for ages on the net for the female 'Tomtom socket'.
I reasoned that if someone was making a plug then they would also make a socket.................no seems not, although there is one on the Tomtom satnav. I emailed Tomtom for an answer, all I got was "if it's not in our accessories list we dont do it". I then cut it off and extended it to where I needed it.

...been looking into this myself - looks like the green socket is for the Tom Tom Rider so a different connection from any other (car) Tom Tom (mini USB). As I have a Tom Tom XL for my car, does anyone know if its a question of simply snipping off the green plug then connecting the end of a spare mini USB cable so I can charge my XL?

I don't really want the expense of another satnav unit so was hoping to find a way of fudging what I currently have (accpeting its not bike designed or waterproof!).

Thanks for any pointers.

The connector diagram should be a quite simple neutral + voltage one. Once you've cut the connector use a voltimeter, label the cables and solder a standard mini USB cable.

USB1.jpg

USB2.gif

Back