• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should this look like this ?

bigpants

Just got it firing!
Hi everyone. I've noticed that my rear tyre on my 1100 sporti

20201128 125800

Does not look central with the rear shock and spine frame and on checking the wheel alignment the back is 9mm off. I cant rule out a twisted frame but just wondered , should the rear wheel centreline run straight through the shock lower mount as a guide or is the offset normal ?

Send a private message to:

MedicAndy

He owns like 8 (yes, eight I think) 1110 Sports and is probably the most knowledgeable about that model on the site.

He will be able to tell you the answer.

Service manual page 108 shows swing arm centerline from top shock mount is 8mm from center of swing arm main cross(where pivot pins are located). On page 94 frame specs drivetrain is 8mm off center in frame. Nowhere does is say where center of rim is located. Loctite the bolt on rear drive that will back out into your rim and ruin it.

Hmm . Looking at the pics in the book it looks like the centreline from the headstock runs straight down through top shock mount and to the lower shock mount so the tyres centreline should line up perfectly and the chassis side plates are 8mm offset. Still not sure though. Tbh I've gone over so many numbers and options in the last few days I think I've gone number blind. 20201202 112808 20201202 112824

Did you ask MedicAndy like I told you?

He need only look at his collection to answer your question but more than likely he simply knows it in his head.

I swear sometimes....

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Hi Scott. Yup I've sent andy a message but full disclosure I was slow to do it.

Good. I’m dead serious.

Nobody here will know more about that model than him. It’s his obsession.

This was when he had only 5 I think, or only when he left out duplicate colored ones.

24225BF8 EC75 44FA B510 DDA55C885777

Jees. I've only got the one guzzi and that takes up most of my life. I am definitely doing something wrong.

That's what I thought, center is top shock mount. BUT your bike has a cush drive wheel, could move it over a bit. They are different. I have both for my LM3 conversion, you can't cut the hub on cush drive wheel like I needed to do.

So I've just taken this dished washer out from behind the rhs spacer which has gained me quite a bit. I'm now 25mm one side 22 the other. I'm not sure of the implications of removing the washer but I'll hopefully get a test ride tomorrow. It also occurred to me that I could bring the RH sideplate out with judicious use of washers but now it's all beginning to sound bodged. 20201202 190802

Ok , fair enough . Putting it back in . Always happy to told when I'm doing it wrong.

This is all very interesting,
I do notice (with a bit of jealousy), our friend MedicAndy's picture indicate the front & rear bikes are non injected by looking at the diff's.
Am I correct? The injected ones have the cush drive diff same as big pants & I think therein possibly lies the set-up difference?
Got me wondering so will go & check the alignment of my carb'd 1100 Sport now.
PS - scottmasrocinque has your collection has grown since we last posted?

PS - scottmasrocinque has your collection has grown since we last posted?

LOL. Good God I hope not. I have 8 and I think I need to get my head examined sometimes. There's a 2007 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja that's not listed but I'm going to be selling her in the Spring.

Trouble is, I'd love a new V85 TT. Resist...resist...resist the temptation!

Happy New Year to All!

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. Today the quagmire outside finally dried up enough to get the sporti out for a test ride. The first in months. Anyway I had done a few bodges in order to get the wheels properly in line , down to the last mm as best I could measure. And the bike is transformed. All the tankslapping is gone and the bike steers perfectly. I'll now need to undo the bodges and find a proper way of getting the alignment right but at least I know I'm on the right track.

Back