• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 14 Tail Tidy Kit

Todd, any more of these replacement plate holders and light? would this work on my 2017 touring? i dislike the stock set up greatly!
Thanks!

Do you think its possible to mount the plate on the side of the bike to show more of the tire? I've always dug that look on older bikes and wondered how it would look on a Cali 1400.

You mean something like this? Just a simple Harley OEM sideplate. From Amazon IIRC. One of the exhaust mounting bolts provided a handy mounting point. I did have to cut and splice the wires for the license plate light. Any child could do it... ;-)

Attachments

• 1018201443_HDR.jpg
    1018201443_HDR.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 49
You mean something like this? Just a simple Harley OEM sideplate. From Amazon IIRC. One of the exhaust mounting bolts provided a handy mounting point. I did have to cut and splice the wires for the license plate light. Any child could do it... ;-)
Nice looking bike James - don't see many photos of customs

Nice looking bike James - don't see many photos of customs

Thanks. I guess Piaggio didn't sell that many of them. I've never run across another in the wild. Except for the factory seat, there's not a thing I would change. Well, I did spring for a set of uncorked Mistrals... Aren't you based in Houston? I think we may have met in Italy, TX at one of the MGNOC state rallies. 2006-8 or so?. I had a '72 Ambassador at the time. I quit going when they moved it out to East Texas. Anyway, name's familiar...

Thanks. I guess Piaggio didn't sell that many of them. I've never run across another in the wild. Except for the factory seat, there's not a thing I would change. Well, I did spring for a set of uncorked Mistrals... Aren't you based in Houston? I think we may have met in Italy, TX at one of the MGNOC state rallies. 2006-8 or so?. I had a '72 Ambassador at the time. I quit going when they moved it out to East Texas. Anyway, name's familiar...

Must have been someone else. I'm living in BC, Canada. I have what I suppose is the successor to the custom (the audace), but both bikes appeal for their simpler styling (and lower weight) - take care

I totally missed this item when I relocated my plate a few months ago, otherwise I'd have bought it here. Just a note, this doesn't come up in the results on the GTMC store site when searching by using the California 1400 filter, which is the way I usually browse for items to buy.
Thanks for posting. It's not an item I would've considered a 1400 owner wanting, but I just added the model to the filter sort. There's likely many other items that way, but I have 600+ products online now, so super tough to sort them all at this point. Any new product add and I'm pretty diligent.

Thanks for posting. It's not an item I would've considered a 1400 owner wanting, but I just added the model to the filter sort. There's likely many other items that way, but I have 600+ products online now, so super tough to sort them all at this point. Any new product add and I'm pretty diligent.
I did it more for function than looks. I posted the full story here:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/eldorado-bouncy-rear-fender.19032/

In hindsight, I guess I should have emailed you directly with question of availability. Still haven't removed the original plate mount, waiting for my vertical plate from the DMV. And warm weather.

Back