• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Touring bags on Eldorado

They can be attachd but it requires making or finding some small spacers to put between the bags and the frame of the bike. you could probably stack a bunch of washers but it would be easier to remove/reattach the bags later if you made some spacers out of bar stock. My setup was done for me by my dealer (Moto International in Seattle -RIP) but it doesn't look like it would be all that difficult to do yourself. IMG 20170620 194848448 IMG 20171210 143637

One more thing, if you go with California bags, they like to leak. A really simple fix ("simple" is about all I can handle) is to get a can of Flex Seal (as seen on TV) and spray the seam inside where the two halves of the bags come together. Spray the entire seam from the top opening of the bag, front to back. I did mine while they were still on the bike. I did mine nearly four years ago,have done A LOT of rain riding since, and they no longer leak. Garwood.

They can be attachd but it requires making or finding some small spacers to put between the bags and the frame of the bike. you could probably stack a bunch of washers but it would be easier to remove/reattach the bags later if you made some spacers out of bar stock. My setup was done for me by my dealer (Moto International in Seattle -RIP) but it doesn't look like it would be all that difficult to do yourself. View attachment 21301 View attachment 21300
That is a beautiful CalDorado. :clap:

That really is an attractive CalDorado :) . Never thought bags would improve the appearance of the best looking
Moto-Guzzi ever made ! Peter

Moto International in Seattle set that bike up calling it a "Northwest Edition". Interestingly, they only sold a couple of them set up that way. I was going to get a black one until my daughter convinced me red was the way to go. Best advice I ever listened to. That motorcycle draws attention practically everywhere I park it. Frequently by non motorcycle people. One time I was sitting in a Hardee'sin Montana that was attached to a gas station mini market. Two middle aged ladies sought me out to talk about the bike after seeing it parked outside! That sort of thing happens all the time. I think it's the colour and the white walls. Fairly distinctive.

In terms of practicality, I added the top case, the larger MG touring windshield, and the Corbin saddle. This is the first cruiser style motorcycle I have ever owned. I more naturally gravitate to sport touring motorcycles. But as time Marches on (I'm 71) this has proven to be a good set up for me. I'm approaching 30,000 miles on it, been across the country several times, and have plans for additional sojourns this summer. It's a great bike and one that provides some entertainment, even when parked.
Garwood IMG 20200927 191201

12 West Highway 24, Torrey,Utah, in September 2020. The teepee is right across the street from the Chuckwagon Lodge. People on horse back are pretty common there.

Garwood was wondering if the windscreen you have on your bike is 16" from the headlight to the top or the 27.5" one.I bought a 2020 Eldorado last month and have been shopping windscreens and it seems I can only find the 2 sizes of Medium 16 tall X 20.5 wide or Large 27.5 tall X 23.25 wide.I am 6/4" with a long torso.I measured 16" and it seems short and 27.5" I would look threw.Other option looks to be get the hardware for the windscreen and go with a Clearview windshield which has a 20" tall option.By the way love your scoot.Coming off of 30 years riding Goldwings and just was looking to get something a tad lighter and more nimble.Never would of thought It would end up being a Guzzi but in the few miles I have been able to ride her she sure makes me grin.Plus I can't believe how light she feels once under way.Plus it has that old school look which match's my advancing age

I am 6 feet even and the original windshield (not sure how tall it was anymore) was way too short. But when I got this one home I was pretty sure it was going to be too tall and that I would be looking through it. Even after it was on the bike and I sat on it it seemed like it was too tall. It wasn't. As soon as I actually rode it, it was just about perfect. I look just over the top of it in almost all circumstances. Any shorter would be too short. The only caveat is that I have a Corbin saddle on the bike that might change my height a bit but I think , if it does, it probably sits me a bit higher. If you are 6'4" I should think it would be fine for you.

Another thing you could look at is finding a plastic shop near where you live and have the windshield cut down if it is too long after you get it. When I lived in California where was a chain called TAP Plastic and they could cut it down and make the cut edge look correct. Garwood

IMG 20190220 160741490 I always think of things to add after I close out the message. If you look at the first two pictures I posted, they have the original, shorter, windshield on the bike. The one with me on it is the tall one.

Here are a couple of additional photos that might help you. The first two are the night I put the new windshield on and I am sitting on it. The last one is the old windshield on top of the new one for comparison. IMG 20190220 160458774 IMG 20190220 141101201

Thanks for taking the time to post those great pictures.Just want to be sure the tall windscreen you have on now is the OEM Extra wide one that they say is 27.5" tall X 23.5" wide.My dealer in Reno who I purchased the bike from gives me 10% off all parts but even at that it is around 850.00 for that screen with hardware so I want to try and get it right the first time.Plus I am looking at the Hepco Becker C bow mounts and Buffalo bags.I like the idea that I can remove them when I want to.Have you had any feedback from owners on how these fit and hold up?Last I see your riding on a Corbin saddle.I have had a few of those on Goldwings over the years as we would do a ride down to Hollister to get a seat made at the west coast factory.My last Goldwing I had a Daylong saddle made and really liked it.I am sure a new seat will be in my future and wanted to know if that Corbin your riding on is wider then the stock seat as my large rear end could use a little more square footage-LOL.Thanks for your time with all my questions.This shopping for Guzzi stuff is a whole new experience to say the least.

My windshield is OEM and it was the largest they made when I got it a couple of years ago.

I don't have any experience with any aftermarket bags for the Eldo so I can't help you there.

I'm not normally a big fan of Corbin saddles but I got to this one sort of round about. The original big single saddle on the bike was pretty comfortable but it wouldn't accommodate a rack I could mount the top case to. So I got the MG saddle for the California Touring model. it was terrible. The padding was so thin and soft that after an hour it felt like you were sitting directly on the frame. Along came the Corbin and it has been pretty good. I think it is wider than the California Touring saddle but not as wide as the original Eldo single saddle. It's much better for the passenger though,than the original little pillion pad. I have often thought that a trip to Hollister for a Corbin rebuild of the original single saddle would be a great set-up.

Thanks again for your help with this.If you are able to take a measurement of your windscreen from the top of the head light bucket to the top of the windscreen and a width measurement at widest point I can see if it matches up with the 27.5" X 23.5" large screen that they offer today.No hurry just when you get a chance.I went to the Corbin website and the California seat they have is 2" wider then my stock Eldorado seat.A Daylong saddle can be custom made for my arss with a ride in fitting so I may go that route.I can live with the stock seat for a while as it is pretty darn good as is.Just need to get a windscreen on her as it has been 40+ years since I have rode a bike without one and that cold air is no fun.Again thanks for putting up with my questions your help is much appreciated.If your ever planning a ride down in Northern Nevada I am 15 miles east of Carson City on Hwy 50.Give me a PM for my phone # and lunch is on me.

Thanks for taking the time to post those great pictures.Just want to be sure the tall windscreen you have on now is the OEM Extra wide one that they say is 27.5" tall X 23.5" wide.My dealer in Reno who I purchased the bike from gives me 10% off all parts but even at that it is around 850.00 for that screen with hardware so I want to try and get it right the first time.Plus I am looking at the Hepco Becker C bow mounts and Buffalo bags.I like the idea that I can remove them when I want to.Have you had any feedback from owners on how these fit and hold up?Last I see your riding on a Corbin saddle.I have had a few of those on Goldwings over the years as we would do a ride down to Hollister to get a seat made at the west coast factory.My last Goldwing I had a Daylong saddle made and really liked it.I am sure a new seat will be in my future and wanted to know if that Corbin your riding on is wider then the stock seat as my large rear end could use a little more square footage-LOL.Thanks for your time with all my questions.This shopping for Guzzi stuff is a whole new experience to say the least.
If you check out the posts by Meldrew, he has the Cbow mounts and Buffalo bags on his Eldorado.

Thanks Robert I found Mildrew's posts with pictures of the 35L buffalo bags.Those pics sealed the deal to order that setup.Now just need to figure out what size windscreen and I will be ready to order.

Thanks Robert I found Mildrew's posts with pictures of the 35L buffalo bags.Those pics sealed the deal to order that setup.Now just need to figure out what size windscreen and I will be ready to order.
Glad it helped (Todd is a H&B dealer so you could touch base with him regarding bags etc).
I have the stock screen on my Touring and fitted a Laminar Lip to alleviate the buffeting. The screen on Meldrews Eldorado I believe is the OEM medium one.

Back