• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

So, for those who might recognize it from BTDT or others who are simply "Heck-on-wheels at thet thar Googlin'!," here be another offering for your consideration and ID'ing:

NameThatRoad1

Yes, at first glance, looks pretty nondescript and "could be anywhere" comma but.

This particular road looks almost like this for several hundred miles!

Bill

Vagrant probably has it, otherwise my guess is Skyline/Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Natches trace

Yup.

https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

I have not ridden the entire length. The pic I posted was taken relatively early on, north of Natchez en route to Jackson.

Certainly no technical riding, but a lovely stretch of pavement if in no hurry.

Vagrant probably has it, otherwise my guess is Skyline/Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Most sections of the SLD/BRP are of the higher-elevation sort and ridge roads along the crest of the Blue Ridge on the Appalachian spine, but, as you note, Todd, there are several parts -- especially in Virginia -- that look similar to the pic of the Natchez Trace Parkway I posted.

Bill

I assume this means I win the "booby prize".
Gordon and I did the whole thing, once! Beautiful, best gas mileage your bike will ever get, but the speed limit of 45 will drive you nuts. 60 would be fine.

Yes, you are authorized to wallow in your wisdom and bask in your own radiance! :rofl:

Think I’d only make that sort of low speed run for that long on a Janus or the like. ;)

I am looking for a more challenging “name that road” stumper now.

Bill

Good one!

i’m in a cage on my way to Erie, Pennsylvania, to visit the outlaws.

OK, actually I am eating breakfast in Bedford. But have to get back on the road.

i’ll take a swag that you were on Maine 230 near Trenton, with Mount Desert Island the place to what you refer.

Must go. I’ll check in tonight to see how I did!

Bill

Ah. You tricky devil.

I was suckered in by the Mount Desert Island clue.

Long story -- involving an arcane military-legal figure that would be TLDR even for someone who cared about the subject :think: -- but I knew a bit about the Island but nada else. I have been to Maine but not there. I thus presumed the bridge in your photo was the one connecting to the island. Back-tracking from that to the vantage of your photo led me to my guess.

Between handyman tasks here, wandered around the web, and will now go for Guess # 2:

U.S. 1 with the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the background.

If not that, I surrender. ;)

1921!

Bill

Ah. You tricky devil.

I was suckered in by the Mount Desert Island clue.

Long story -- involving an arcane military-legal figure that would be TLDR even for someone who cared about the subject :think: -- but I knew a bit about the Island but nada else. I have been to Maine but not there. I thus presumed the bridge in your photo was the one connecting to the island. Back-tracking from that to the vantage of your photo led me to my guess.

Between handyman tasks here, wandered around the web, and will now go for Guess # 2:

U.S. 1 with the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in the background.

If not that, I surrender. ;)

1921!

Bill

Bill,

Yes Rt 1, North heading towards the Penobscot Narrows Bridge.

Bill,

Yes Rt 1, North heading towards the Penobscot Narrows Bridge.

Nice puzzle and great clue.

Been to Mile Zero many times (my parents lived in Key West for decades -- but never to the northernmost point.

A bit of a haul from Millville, but if ever my way -- Cross junction, Va. -- stop in.

Bill

Been decades since I've been to the Keys! I have some vague memories of getting a little sloppy at Sloppy Joe's!
:party:

I stumbled on this thread the other evening and could not put the iPhone down until I finished reading all 23 pages. It is about time for another photo so here is my contribution with a couple hints: Even though it is a gravel road, it is classified as a highway. It follows the top of ridge lines with steep drops on both sides so one must be on top of the situation when riding or driving on this route. DSCN3071

Last edited:
I stumbled on this thread the other evening and could not put the iPhone down until I finished reading all 23 pages. It is about time for another photo so here is my contribution with a couple hints: Even though it is a gravel road, it is classified as a highway. It follows the top of ridge lines with steep drops on both sides so one must be on top of the situation when riding or driving on this route.View attachment 23855

OK, I have spent more time than I will admit to Kathi looking at Google maps in terrain mode trying to figure it out. :sweating:

So, I and others need more clues or just relish your victory and do another. :clap:

Bill

Back