• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

aftermarket exhausts

How is that Baak exhaust working for you? What did you do about the o2 sendor cables? Did you have to remap? I also heard about fatduc o2 manipulator. What did you do? I'm want to pull the trigger on the baak bobber exhaust but want more info. Please advise...
...maybe a little more info about the type of bike, what you are going for (sound, performance, look?), etc. ;)

...maybe a little more info about the type of bike, what you are going for (sound, performance, look?), etc. ;)
It's a Moto Guzzi v7ii with current arrow exhaust(just like stornello arrow exhaust) and wanting to switch out to Baak Bobber exhaust

It's very good to be honest. I remapped using Todd's flash tool, and haven't complained since, I would suggest you go with that route. The exhaust sounds nice, and looks the way I want my bike to, so I have no issues from an aesthetics or sound point of view.

No complaints whatsoever from the BAAK exhaust, but remap using Todd's flash tool.

Appreciate your advice!

It's a Moto Guzzi v7ii with current arrow exhaust(just like stornello arrow exhaust) and wanting to switch out to Baak Bobber exhaust
That helps ;)
but I'm still not sure what you're "going for", so I'll try to cover a few bases...

Since you're in the US, I would recommend that you contact Todd and ask him about his offerings. I know that might sound a little bit cliché, since this is his website et al., but his offerings really are superior ~ in both initial quality and in terms of performance and support.
My personal experience with BAAK has been somewhat lackluster. Even after purchasing two seats and two saddlebags from them they were, at best, dismissive if not apathetic. They seemed to think they are offering a high quality bespoke product, but the truth is there were quality issues with the majority of items that I received from them and the process of having those issues addressed was not straightforward, so caveat emptor.

On the other hand, Todd's work is in every respect significantly more bespoke, and it performs better (in terms of initial quality and durability). I ride my bike spiritedly and any service issue that I have had with Todd's products has been dealt with in a very congenial and satisfactory manner. Finally, the sound... the sound of GuzziTech exhaust that I have on my V7R is glorious!

I assume you're interested in the BAAK exhaust because of the look?
I don't know if Todd offers anything that short (he might?) ~ it is worth asking him.

You may or may not get a good quality piece from BAAK. If you have issues it will not be easy to deal with them. You will need a remap (with either exhaust), and the sound from the BAAK exhaust is not nice (Sorry Faisal ha ha :) ). I don't like the sound from the BAAK when assessed by itself, much less when compared to the 2:1 GuzziTech that I have on my bike.

The other thing is that Todd has data for his exhausts which make a remap much easier.

If you end up with a bike that looks good but has map issues as a result of the exhaust change, that's a no bueno situation.

So my advice is open up a dialog with Todd to see what he has to offer. You will not be disappointed if you end up buying from him. No guarantees what your experience will be like purchasing from BAAK. But either way let us know. Not everyone has to have the same bike with the same accessories. (FWIW I use both of my BAAK seats all the time and one of the BAAK saddlebags everytime ~ I like them both, but not all of them were made correctly from the beginning, and it was not easy working with BAAK to get them fixed)

Lots to learn and options to go with. Thankful for this forum. Another question: How long does it take for todd reflash tool(all the back and fourth data exchange)for fine tuning depending on mods?

I just did my V9 Bobber last week. Set of Todd's SS Megs and used the flash tool and support. Received the megs and tool on a Friday at about 1pm and was able to install the muffs, complete reflash and test ride the bike around 10am on Saturday morning. Once your flash tool has been shipped you get an email with instructions on where to down load the GTM software on your Windows 10 PC and install it. If you do this right away you will be ready to go when everything arrives. Total time for doing the reflash for me, not including installing muffs, following the provided instructions was less than two hours. Note: Be sure to turn off all anti-spam, anti-virus and firewalls when ever down loading or running the GTM software.

Ok appreciate the info! Feel more educated about new exhaust and flash tool... thanks

My arrow exhaust has couple cosmetic problems. It's a bit discolored from bike running too lean and I cit out the baffle on it. Missing screws at end cap if pipe but filled it in with JB weld. What state are you at?

So, I became an owner of a pre owned v7ii racer early last year and the aftermarket exhaust it had from the previous owner had the rivets shear off and the slip-on just fell off. To me it looks like it might be the BAAK exhaust system or a similar and even cheaper replica of them, been looking into a decent replacement all day today and this seems like the best place for an outside opinion. I'm looking at the GT exhausts from Todd, but I'm curious if there are any videos anywhere that show the sound at all. I became quite attached to this loud exhaust but am not looking for another piece of junk that will fall off after another nearly 2k miles (hence why the GT exhausts are much more appealing to me over BAAK) this is the bike and exhaust that broke on it,

IMG 0463 IMG 0468

So, I became an owner of a pre owned v7ii racer early last year and the aftermarket exhaust it had from the previous owner had the rivets shear off and the slip-on just fell off. To me it looks like it might be the BAAK exhaust system or a similar and even cheaper replica of them, been looking into a decent replacement all day today and this seems like the best place for an outside opinion. I'm looking at the GT exhausts from Todd, but I'm curious if there are any videos anywhere that show the sound at all. I became quite attached to this loud exhaust but am not looking for another piece of junk that will fall off after another nearly 2k miles (hence why the GT exhausts are much more appealing to me over BAAK) this is the bike and exhaust that broke on it

Hi Alex,

I think there are several short clips that Todd has posted here on the forums that include the sound. (Unfortunately I am not sure what threads, exactly, you might find those in)

I'll see if I can post one here... but in the meantime if you would like to send (PM) me your email address I can send you a short video clip of the 2:1 GT-Rx exhaust on my V7R.

So, I became an owner of a pre owned v7ii racer early last year and the aftermarket exhaust it had from the previous owner had the rivets shear off and the slip-on just fell off.
Hi Alex, congrats and welcome aboard. Yes that exhaust is from the company you mentioned. Junk (sorry to those who have bought them). Since you’re in Santa Monica, I’m just up PCH from you, and happy to demo a set of mufflers next I have a bike here with them on it. Hope you’ll add your bike to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ - and look forward to meeting you either then, on a ride, or if I can be of help with any service related items.
p.s. We have a Youtube channel where you’ll find some videos, including one below, or search GuzziTech exhaust there as well.

Hi Alex,

I think there are several short clips that Todd has posted here on the forums that include the sound. (Unfortunately I am not sure what threads, exactly, you might find those in)

I'll see if I can post one here... but in the meantime if you would like to send (PM) me your email address I can send you a short video clip of the 2:1 GT-Rx exhaust on my V7R.

Well, the sound on this exhaust is great, and after some other options I'm almost certainly getting the GT exhaust and probably going for the Stubby option as well (only thing temporarily barring would be if the warranty covering my bike now from the dealer I purchased from actually covers a replacement of some sort). But either way this exhaust would likely replace even that soon. Would be great to see a demo of the exhaust if you do have one available to show! Already love the idea of giving my patronage here with GT over a company like BAAK with laughable service and quality. I'll see what my schedule is like and if you'll still have the bike around the show me when I have the opportunity to come by and see it

Hi Alex, congrats and welcome aboard. Yes that exhaust is from the company you mentioned. Junk (sorry to those who have bought them). Since you’re in Santa Monica, I’m just up PCH from you, and happy to demo a set of mufflers next I have a bike here with them on it. Hope you’ll add your bike to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ - and look forward to meeting you either then, on a ride, or if I can be of help with any service related items.
p.s. We have a Youtube channel where you’ll find some videos, including one below, or search GuzziTech exhaust there as well.

Those were my thoughts exactly. the only thing that would temporarily beat that is if its an exhaust covered by warranty, if my shop tells me they won't cover the replacement, GT it is.

So, I became an owner of a pre owned v7ii racer early last year and the aftermarket exhaust it had from the previous owner had the rivets shear off and the slip-on just fell off. To me it looks like it might be the BAAK exhaust system or a similar and even cheaper replica of them, been looking into a decent replacement all day today and this seems like the best place for an outside opinion. I'm looking at the GT exhausts from Todd, but I'm curious if there are any videos anywhere that show the sound at all. I became quite attached to this loud exhaust but am not looking for another piece of junk that will fall off after another nearly 2k miles (hence why the GT exhausts are much more appealing to me over BAAK) this is the bike and exhaust that broke on it
20+ years playing with motorbikes, have had dozens of exhausts.

the GTM unit on my B11 is the only one I've ever owned that fit perfectly, worked perfectly, and looks perfect. it's not subtle, but even my grumpy, loud bike hating, VFR owning buddy had to admit that it sounds 'okay'. that's high praise from him!

Back