• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacing the Throttle control by aftermarket one

tikimatic

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello.
I'm planning to replace all the commands by aftermarket ones. (mostly for esthetic reasons).
I'm looking for the thinnest throttle control possible. In black. I just want the throttle not the blinker / starter switches and so on.
Domino do have some but I was wondering if somebody here knew other brands / models.
When I say thin I mean the part on the left of the grip (where the "mechanical parts are" and the cables are attached)
Thanks.

Your questions are a bit confusing. So you want to replace both throttle and clutch side with new switch gear and throttle assemblies? This can get a little complicated with the throttle cables, and the switch gear if all else remains stock Guzzi.

Probably won't get much thinner than this throttle assembly ($9.00) amazon.
If your bike is dual carb, then you will need a cable splitter ($44.00) e-bay.
the splitter kit comes with multiple end attachments, but I you may have to salvage the OEM cable end fittings.

But at least you are lucky that you have carbs and cables... If i want to change, its off to find the correct potentiometer and or circuit cheaters.... BOO....

Attachments

• T1.png
    T1.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 14
  • T2.png
    T2.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 14
Probably won't get much thinner than this throttle assembly ($9.00) amazon.
If your bike is dual carb, then you will need a cable splitter ($44.00) e-bay.
the splitter kit comes with multiple end attachments, but I you may have to salvage the OEM cable end fittings.

But at least you are lucky that you have carbs and cables... If i want to change, its off to find the correct potentiometer and or circuit cheaters.... BOO....

Won't work, these bikes have an opening and closing cable for the throttle body(s). V7s and V9s are fuel injected. I didn't see any mention of carbs. The throttle body return spring attached to the linkage is not very strong so you need the closing cable.

original poster gives no indication of model or year. so i assumed a carb. (bad on me because his avatar looks to be a V72)
however the throttle tube i pictured IS a two cable unit. (one at each end of the lower surface). and there are many more to choose from especially from the dirt-bike world (also push/pull units).

Not that i think the original poster is even interested, as the unit looks hideous. and his stated goal it to "improve" the looks.

original poster gives no indication of model or year. so i assumed a carb. (bad on me because his avatar looks to be a V72)
however the throttle tube i pictured IS a two cable unit. (one at each end of the lower surface). and there are many more to choose from especially from the dirt-bike world (also push/pull units).

Not that i think the original poster is even interested, as the unit looks hideous. and his stated goal it to "improve" the looks.

Couldn't tell it was a two cable unit. Sorry about that. Personally I don't see any problem with the factory units.

Thank you for your answers. My bad I didn't specify the model (I thought it was specified somewhere under the profile pic). So it is for a V7 II 2016. It is indeed a two cable throttle control.

What I'm looking for is exactly what Dale Descrescenzo posted (thank you).
You are right when you said "Not that i think the original poster is even interested, as the unit looks hideous. and his stated goal it to "improve" the looks." :) And besides the looks I'm not very keen on using a 9$ amazon part.

So far the closest to my requirements I have found is the Domino XM2 (domino-group.com/tommaselli/en/throttle-control-5182-03-02.html?idct=140). I know it's overkill in some ways (I don't care about the "racing", and i'm not sure about the feeling of that short stroke and quickness for road use). I'm not 100% sure about the compatibility with the v7ii.

The Griso/RSV version is likely what you're looking for, though you will likely run into throttle cable end sizes and length issues, so you'll have to DIY there. Part # from Guzzi is GU05603331 complete (per pic below), but looks like you can get it direct too; shop.biollamotors.it/catalogos/2804-03-COMANDO-GAS-ACCELERATORE-STRADALI-DOMINO-MOTO-GUZZI-BELLAGIO-AQUILA-NERA-940CC-07-13-GU05603331-2480525

GU05603331

Couldn't tell it was a two cable unit. Sorry about that. Personally I don't see any problem with the factory units.

As far as the looks, I agree that the factory units are OK. I don't know much about the V7-2 however, but my V7-3 does get a little "cheap" looking when it comes to the switches. But still not too shabby...

I will say that the throttle by wire setup on my bike takes some time to get used to. I Prefer the feeling of a cabled system. Im not sure just what it is, but moving your hand about the grip when riding is much more susceptible to engine inputs.
The return spring rate seems good, perhaps its the lack of cable drag or the missing inertia that make it "feel" odd....

But i know that throttle options for me will be much more difficult than for the owner of a V7-2...!!

Thank you for your answers. My bad I didn't specify the model (I thought it was specified somewhere under the profile pic). So it is for a V7 II 2016. It is indeed a two cable throttle control.

What I'm looking for is exactly what Dale Descrescenzo posted (thank you).
You are right when you said "Not that i think the original poster is even interested, as the unit looks hideous. and his stated goal it to "improve" the looks." :) And besides the looks I'm not very keen on using a 9$ amazon part.

So far the closest to my requirements I have found is the Domino XM2 (domino-group.com/tommaselli/en/throttle-control-5182-03-02.html?idct=140). I know it's overkill in some ways (I don't care about the "racing", and i'm not sure about the feeling of that short stroke and quickness for road use). I'm not 100% sure about the compatibility with the v7ii.

Nice looking units, I tend to prefer the 3357-03-02 model, as the right angle bend is part of the housing, but i don't know your intended finished "look". I still think that you will need some form of universal cable kit and more than likely get the skills to remove M.G. cable ends and re-install them... Kind PITA to me, but doable.

Back