• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM CNC Givi TankLock Bag Rings

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Purchase here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring

Directions below on how to install our GTM® CNC TankLock Rings on your Breva 11, Griso 11/12, Norge/Sport (2/4V) or Stelvio.

1. Open cap, block tank opening (rag or otherwise) and remove the four (4) allen head bolts:

TLR Remove

2. Flip cap assembly over and remove the five (5) phillips head screws holding the inner assembly to the top aluminum cap/ring.

TLR InnerAssy

3. Separate the two and remove the rubber o-ring (not used), and fit the GT TLR to the upper aluminum cap, and reinstall in reverse order above. Be sure to align the opening of the TLR towards the rider as shown below in step 4 below.

TLR FitRing

4. Finished TLR install showing the opening towards the rider. Enjoy.

TLR Installed

Pics below on a Griso:

GT G8V TLR1

GT G8V TLR2

GT G8V TLR3

Last edited:
Todd,

I've been looking at this item for a while.

how about a V7 Stone??

If it fits, Same procedure?

What givi tank bag will work and not interfere with steering ?

Regards

Gerry

Thank you for the reply.

I think either the 3L or 4L bag would work.

Have any V7 (non V7 racer)forum members installed the ring and associated bag? I'd love to see a picture.

Regards,

Gerry

p.s. as always thank you for all you do for us Guzzi owners.

Yep as Todd said. I have my Ram mount on a u-bolt that I put a length of fuel line over to prevent scratching. I did have to move it to make the bag work. I think if you are using the clutch, you will have the phone well to the left of the bag. I just like mine in the middle so it is behind the Dart flyscreen.

Just purchased a tank ring... and considering the right bag for Griso... I like the 4ltr for the small stuff... and the 15ltr for versatility... been looking for images of the fit esp the bigger bag... but limited on results... any feedback?? I will buy the bag local, as the cost diff here is significant compared local sourcing. Looking very forward to added space on tour.

Just installed - on a 2007 Norge 1200 (2-Valve) - the one-piece machined "TankLock" adaptor Ring
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring
and the the ST602 4-Litre Givi Tank Bag, It seems a perfect size: Not so large to block view of GPS & instruments. I am a less is more type guy, yet it's OK if you terfer a bushel basket sitting on your tank.
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/givi-4-liter-st602-tankbag-tanklock
I purchased both from the GT-Rx on line store. It took about an hour to install. The fit is very nice and clean.

BE09FA92 41F0 4DAC BAC3 239C216CDA83 8A0E833C EBDA 4FD6 B4C1 7073109367C9 4DBEC810 AD2F 4DE8 84E5 7117D2BB1189 670AB316 0A3A 45B1 A89D C7CAA8AA3A48

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed - on a 2007 Norge 1200 (2-Valve) - the one-piece machined "TankLock" adaptor Ring
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring
and the the ST602 4-Litre Givi Tank Bag, It seems a perfect size: Not so large to block view of GPS & instruments. I am a less is more type guy, yet it's OK if you terfer a bushel basket sitting on your tank.
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/givi-4-liter-st602-tankbag-tanklock
I purchased both from the GT-Rx on line store. It took about an hour to install. The fit is very nice and clean.
Thanks for the Dan... appreciate if you could also post this on the product purchase page as a review if you haven't also.

Anyone else having a ton of play with the bag mounted on theirs? A lot more vertical play than the ring from Givi themselves.

Additionally anyone done anything to address that the filler cap is now no longer snug against the tank. With this mounted it raises the cap assembly a MM or so meaning the rubber gasket below it isnt against the tank and isnt sealing to the drain hose. Im thinking water getting in the gas could be a huge issue with this not resolved.

Anyone else having a ton of play with the bag mounted on theirs? A lot more vertical play than the ring from Givi themselves.

Additionally anyone done anything to address that the filler cap is now no longer snug against the tank. With this mounted it raises the cap assembly a MM or so meaning the rubber gasket below it isnt against the tank and isnt sealing to the drain hose. Im thinking water getting in the gas could be a huge issue with this not resolved.

I do get some play with the bag on the mount. my concern is wear on the plastic, which maybe I should buy a spare mount for the bag. Though it was 2018 when I installed, now 2021, and nothing has become any worse in that time.

One trouble is when the fuel may spill around the filler cap and discolor the cap, a little autosol sorted that out.
Ive had no issue with water in the fuel to note either.

The alloy tank ring though, is unobtrusive and does not detract from the beauty of the big filler cap look.

Just to be sure, do these fit a 1200 Sport? It doesn't have these holes on the top of the filler cap, like (i think) the Griso does.

And, where can I buy these? I would like to start using my Givi tankbag again..

Just to be sure, do these fit a 1200 Sport? It doesn't have these holes on the top of the filler cap, like (i think) the Griso does.
And, where can I buy these? I would like to start using my Givi tankbag again..
And a serious question back to you... How did you land on this thread and not see the words and links at the top that answers all of your questions? Curious is all.

And a serious question back to you... How did you land on this thread and not see the words and links at the top that answers all of your questions? Curious is all.
Haha thanks for the reply. I got redirected from the page where you could buy it to this page. Since I live in The Netherlands, shipping is almost as expensive as the product itself. Therefore I was hoping to find another solution which is produced in Europe.

Thanks for your help, and I'll see if I order one from the website in the US!

Back