• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio fork change 09 to later models

Stelviyoho

Just got it firing!
Hello all, I need some help.

I am in the process of repairing a 2009 Stelvio 4v that had a front end crash, the front forks had already been removed and scrapped before I bought the bike. So I purchased some second hand forks off a stelvio 8v 2013 model and it turns out the forks are a smaller diameter and won't fit my yokes. So my question is did moto guzzi put smaller diameter forks on their later models. If this is the case its a simple fix and I just need to get a lower and upper yoke plus stem for a later model bike and fit it with my 13 plate forks... Or have I been sold a pair of forks off something else by an unscrupulous ebay fraudster!!!
Please help as I do not want to buy the upper and lower yokes until I have had some info from this 'forum of knowledge'

From the parts manual I am looking at, there was a change between 2009 & 2010. Another manual for the 2011-2013 is showing the same parts numbers as 2010 version. So it appears they are different for your 2009 model and won't fit.

Thank you Kiwi Dave.
More ebay surfing I must do!

If that's the case, and to double check that I do actually have the 2013 forks that I hope I have.

Can anyone out there with a 2009 stelvio please measure the diameter of their fork as it comes through the top yoke, and also anyone with a 2013 stelvio measure their fork top and let me know also. That way I will be confident enough to buy the upper and lower yokes for a later model knowing it will be OK.

Thanks again for any help

From the parts manual I am looking at, there was a change between 2009 & 2010. Another manual for the 2011-2013 is showing the same parts numbers as 2010 version. So it appears they are different for your 2009 model and won't fit.

Bit late to the party, how did this turn out Stelviyoho?

45mm Forks were fitted from 2011 onwards, same time the 32 Litre Tank and the other slight changes were made.

I have a 2009 Stelvio, and replaced my Forks with 2010 Ducati 1200 Multi-Strada Forks, also 50mm.
The tops are slightly smaller in diameter than the Stelvio ones, but the lower clamping area is the same.
Had to machine up a couple of Sleeves to make them fit the Top Yoke, and also one to fit the Stelvio Spindle to the Ducati Forks.

Also had to make a Bracket to fit the ABS Sensor to the left Fork Lower Fitting.

I guess you've already found out that used 50mm Stelvio Forks are like Rocking Horse Poo, and eye-wateringly expensive when they are available (£850+).
The Ducati Forks were £250.

Back