• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2020 V7 stone or 2020 Eldorado? Questions

ChucksV9Bobber

Tuned and Synch'ed
I am torn between my next Guzzi purchase, I am keeping my V9 bobber, but I can't decide on a V7 or the Eldorado.

So my question is (Will the V7 be comfortable for a 6 foot guy to ride) Mainly because the V7 is half the price of the Eldorado.

For the Eldorado, Has anyone else heard anything about parts being discontinued or them not being imported anymore?

I am torn between my next Guzzi purchase, I am keeping my V9 bobber, but I can't decide on a V7 or the Eldorado.

So my question is (Will the V7 be comfortable for a 6 foot guy to ride) Mainly because the V7 is half the price of the Eldorado.

For the Eldorado, Has anyone else heard anything about parts being discontinued or them not being imported anymore?
I am 5' 11" and my V7 III is very comfortable. Even on long 8 to 10 hour days of riding I do not feel at all squished or folded up.

I did two things to improve comfort on long rides. I added Grip Puppies to the bars to fit my hands better, and I put a Gel insert into the seat. Now she is perfect for all day rides, and of course the short rides as well.

I had to get my seat re-padded on my V9 so I could ride 5-6 hours comfortably.

I know you can find tons of V7 parts out there compared to the V9 also was another reason for considering it, and I don't want to buy the Eldorado if I can't get parts for it or if it will be the same ride as the V7.

I had to get my seat re-padded on my V9 so I could ride 5-6 hours comfortably.

I know you can find tons of V7 parts out there compared to the V9 also was another reason for considering it, and I don't want to buy the Eldorado if I can't get parts for it or if it will be the same ride as the V7.
They are not going to ride the same. That is for sure. The V7 III is approx 470lbs wet, the Eldo is approx 763lbs wet. So about 300 lbs. difference in weight. For me at least, I do not want to manage that heavy of a bike. The Eldo is also about a foot longer. Myself I am very happy with my V7 III and have not plans to ever, ever be without it. :)

You're gonna have to own that Eldorado for some long time to worry about parts supply . Plus , aren't those
2 choices about as far apart for a comparison as you can imagine ? One's a nice small bike and the other is
a mighty Eldorado :) ! You already know what I chose .

You're gonna have to own that Eldorado for some long time to worry about parts supply . Plus , aren't those
2 choices about as far apart for a comparison as you can imagine ? One's a nice small bike and the other is
a mighty Eldorado :) ! You already know what I chose .
My local dealer told me that they aren't importing any big blocks, and that they are discontinuing parts for the V9, after looking into ordering my parts to fix mine. Which I found strange, but hey I have seen it happen before lol

Is tgat correct that they can just stop parts production. I thought they were obligated to produce parts for a certain period of time. I know Guzzi is a little different, but that would be a real slap in the face to the people that bought their bikes. That is one thing you have to hand to BMW. One dealer just built an R90S entirely from the parts catalog. Frame engine everything.

I hope Moto Guzzi isn't going to be destroyed by these draconian emissions rules. I know its hard to make a big air cooled engine as clean as these regulations require and they just keep adding new regs. I know the world changes but lately it seems that they're making it change just for the sake of change. If they relaxed motorcycle emissions rules just a tad how much would that hurt this world.

Ill be picking up a California custom on Sunday. I always buy things with the hope they'll be useful for the rest of my life. I'll pay more quality and Itreat things well. I hope some day Im not grounded because MG was regulated out of existence.

I also want to restore and old Eldorado some time soon. I hope I can. I almost bought an early 80s airhead because of the parts supply but truly a Guzzi appeals to me much more.

Im 46 and do miss being a youngster, but I wouldn't want to be 20 right now. The control that the population will be under in 30 to 50 years will be a nightmare. What will anyone do for fun.

Is tgat correct that they can just stop parts production. I thought they were obligated to produce parts for a certain period of time.
Ten years is the legal requirement, and they will still be making the V9 this year, so the dealer telling him that is just ignorant.

BMW is a completely different world when it comes to parts... but thanks to several online suppliers, vintage Guzzisti have little to worry about for a long time still.

Thats good to here, Thankyou. Boy do I want that old Eldorado. Good chance he's a household name here, but there's a man named Nick Adams on youtube that has ridde an old Eldorado all over Canada. Amazes me how far its gone. I do have and love the new stuff but something about utter simplicity is nice too.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi,

I’m over 6’ and felt I needed to put risers on the bars to get a comfortable position.
For Me - The V7 III is an around town and weekend ride bike.
I might end up going on a couple weekend trips , I’m not going to go touring across the country with it, but one probably could.
Two very stylistically different bikes, you’ll have to decide which way you want to go.
I think the V7 / V9 are much closer to each other than the Eldorado.

I’m sure you be happy either way, but don’t make your choice solely on $$$
You’ll be ridding your second choice for a long time.

Deadeye makes a good point about how close the V7 and V9 are. Many have discussed, and some have completed, a V7 tank swap on to the V9. Until this year they felt that gave them the little bump in power they wanted from the V7 and the range they wanted from the V9. I think they discussed the V7 tank on the Roamer. That its testament to me how close they are. This year MG offers the bump in power with the new motor.

The V7 seems like it will be here for a while. Why not get the Eldo now in its final form and down the road you could either trade the V9 with someone for a V7 or if you don't like the Eldorado trade it. In any case you can choose right now while in a few years you want have a choice to make. Or do what I do. I'm going to get bike number 6 tomorrow - getting to be an illness.

. Or do what I do. I'm going to get bike number 6 tomorrow - getting to be an illness.

Sharing is Carring :rock:

I can easily justify 2 bikes , on road V7 off road Handa XR..
But I keep look at Cafe Racer for sale adds
Then I think “Hum... the V85TT would be perfect for the Ms. and I to toddle about on ...”
( The Miata is our current Dual Toodle vehicle )

With what it takes $$$ For insurance and Tags ( plates in Canada )
I could not see getting to 4 or 6 !!!

Last edited:

V9 for everyday Eldorado for high days and holidays. :cool:.

Deadeye makes a good point about how close the V7 and V9 are. Many have discussed, and some have completed, a V7 tank swap on to the V9. Until this year they felt that gave them the little bump in power they wanted from the V7 and the range they wanted from the V9. I think they discussed the V7 tank on the Roamer. That its testament to me how close they are. This year MG offers the bump in power with the new motor.

The V7 seems like it will be here for a while. Why not get the Eldo now in its final form and down the road you could either trade the V9 with someone for a V7 or if you don't like the Eldorado trade it. In any case you can choose right now while in a few years you want have a choice to make. Or do what I do. I'm going to get bike number 6 tomorrow - getting to be an illness.
At one time i owned 4 bikes so I understand lol

Ten years is the legal requirement, and they will still be making the V9 this year, so the dealer telling him that is just ignorant.

BMW is a completely different world when it comes to parts... but thanks to several online suppliers, vintage Guzzisti have little to worry about for a long time still.
Only other thing I can think of is they mean they weren't getting any, but Cadre's owner and workers both told me the same which I thought was weird, Are the new V7 motors the same as the V9? I read they are going to be 850cc.

Getting back to the original question. Since tou arleady have a V9 I would not be considering a V7. I own a V7 anda 1400, not an Eldorado but an Audace. I use the V7 for local riding, around town etc. I am 6' tall, 32" inseam and the bike is fine not crowded at all. The bars could be a bit higher but for short rides no problem. The V7 is so simlar to the V9, as others have said, you would have basically two of the same bike. I would sincerely consider the 1400, they are wonderful bikes. At low speeds in lower gears they tend to surge but that can be corrected with a tune. 1400s are terrific for those longer rides, comfortable and fast. I am getting close to having to sell my Audaceas I am 75 and 165 lbs so it is getting a bit heavy for me. I am hoping MG will build a road bike somewhere between the the two I have. A roadbike based on the V85 would be perfect, the Travel is still too high for me. A final word don't pay anywhere near MSRP for an Eldorado, they are not great selling bikes so a dealer should be willing to deal.
kk

I picked up a California 1400 Custom on Sunday. I've been cleaning, doing maintenance, learning it and riding. I'm on vacation so I have plenty of time. I've put a few hundred miles on so far. I wasn't exactly sure I did the right thing buying the bike. If it makes any sense the whole idea started with a trade I was considering for my 1150GS. I got cold feet and couldn't lose my GS, but in the process of reviewing values I found this bike within a half day ride at a price that seemed low. The perceived "good deal" kind of pushed me towards it. My thought was that I could probably sell it easily for what I paid if I didn't like it. I was curious because a V7 that I bought for my wife really got me interested in Guzzis.

So in short what I'd tell you is get some kind of 1400 and you'll likely love it. It's heavy, however, as soon as your going fast enough to pick up your feet the bike handles easily. While obviously not a sport bike it handles easily well enough to keep you interested. It is not some heavy load. The motor is a peach. It's smooth and absolutely loaded with torque. At 80 your sitting at 4k rpm and it's just as smooth as can be. With or without a downshift theres plenty left from there. I'm 100% sold on it by this point. I'll add a few things and take great care of it and can see it eating up plenty of mileage.

A vote for the 1400.

Back