• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kaifa or Sachs?

roadventure

GT Reference
I have been looking at the cartridge fork kits here and it is stated "The drop-in F15K Hydraulic fork cartridge kit for NON-ADJUSTABLE KAIFA FORKS (PLEASE VERIFY YOUR FORKS BEFORE ORDERING). If your bike has SACHS FORKS, see the F20 Kit HERE."

Can someone explain how one determines whether you have a Kaifa or Sachs forks on our 2014 model year California 1400 bikes?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have been looking at the cartridge fork kits here and it is stated "The drop-in F15K Hydraulic fork cartridge kit for NON-ADJUSTABLE KAIFA FORKS (PLEASE VERIFY YOUR FORKS BEFORE ORDERING). If your bike has SACHS FORKS, see the F20 Kit HERE."

Can someone explain how one determines whether you have a Kaifa or Sachs forks on our 2014 model year California 1400 bikes?

Thanks!
I think if you look under the front fender on the inner side of the lower fork slider you will see either an S or a K, denoting the fork.

See above, and the parts diagram will tell you as well. The inferior Kaifas didn’t start appearing until 2016 or so, on the Audace, Eldo and MGX-21. They’ve also crept onto the newest (‘17+) Touring model.

I think if you look under the front fender on the inner side of the lower fork slider you will see either an S or a K, denoting the fork.

I found a sticker on the inside of the lower fork legs. It is concealed by the brake disk which is why I didn't see it before. On one side the sicker was completely bleached out. On the other leg it still had printing that showed "SACHS".

Lucky me! The Matris Cartridge kit I get to look at is the very expensive one....... :(

See above, and the parts diagram will tell you as well. The inferior Kaifas didn’t start appearing until 2016 or so, on the Audace, Eldo and MGX-21. They’ve also crept onto the newest (‘17+) Touring model.

All I could tell by looking at the parts drawings was that the '14 model and the '17 model use different parts. I did not see that they were identified as Kaifa or Sachs.

All I could tell by looking at the parts drawings was that the '14 model and the '17 model use different parts. I did not see that they were identified as Kaifa or Sachs.
Each model year lists it as shown below...

A2761AB4 0BF2 466D 9373 02AD120DCC1B 68C59185 2489 4990 A936 1A65626FD3D0

2015 Eldorado. Unreadable on the other leg

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back