• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 1400 Suspension Thread

^ To put it politely they're F**king awful ! Unless of course your roads are always smooth as a babies butt . Peter
Yup have to agree. In the UK where we have numerous roundabouts and winding country roads they were an accident waiting to happen, glad to get rid.

I see many of you are happy with the GTM 2WS Twin Shocks and I plan on ordering them. I am wondering if anyone has installed the Matris Fork Kit? I have not seen any reviews. I am on a bit of a budget, otherwise would go with the more expensive option. Just wondering if I should save up, or if the Fork Kit makes a decent difference.

Thanks!

I have both. Great value for money. Especially when you factor in currency conversion and freight for a distant island.

Front end now follows ripples and appears easier to turn in. But that could just be me.

Rear definitely better than stock and doesn’t bottom out.

Best of all you get them matched to your weight and riding style

I have both. Great value for money. Especially when you factor in currency conversion and freight for a distant island.

Front end now follows ripples and appears easier to turn in. But that could just be me.

Rear definitely better than stock and doesn’t bottom out.

Best of all you get them matched to your weight and riding style
Thanks! Did you need the special tools (020951Y Stanchion support, 020888Y Pliers for pre-fill pipe) or were you able to accomplish this without. What fork oil did you use, or did you just use reccomended) - Also I don't see the quantity or measurement in the service station manual.

Thanks,

Jeff

Oil is included in the fork kit.

Unfortunately I cant find my instruction guide so cant tell you how much is required.

I did need a tool to hold down the tube (020888Y) but you can get something similar on eBay for a fraction of the price.
Without it it is a pain to get your spanner in to loosen the nut.

Am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 14 Cal Touring. The Matrix 40D STD rear shocks seem to be the right fit for me but I'm having trouble figuring out the front forks. Two applications appear in the store; the Matris FM109 KS for $249 a pair and the F20M109K but I'm not finding reviews on those two. And is the F20M109K price $1159 each or a pair?

Am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 14 Cal Touring. The Matrix 40D STD rear shocks seem to be the right fit for me but I'm having trouble figuring out the front forks. Two applications appear in the store; the Matris FM109 KS for $249 a pair and the F20M109K but I'm not finding reviews on those two. And is the F20M109K price $1159 each or a pair?
Very good and if your Touring has adjusters on the top of the forks either kit will work. ALL fork kits are priced as a kit to do both forks (of course).

I've recently put the Matris spring kit (with the external spring adjusters)
in my 2018 Eldorado . Along with a set of different rear shocks I'm thoroughly
satisfied with the suspension on it . Toyed with the idea of improved dampers
but the money wasn't there . Happy with it now , so I'm glad I tried the spring
kit first . YMMV :) . Peter

Very good and if your Touring has adjusters on the top of the forks either kit will work. ALL fork kits are priced as a kit to do both forks (of course).
I can see no adjusters on top of the forks, just a one piece cap with a hex head on it. Does that mean I need the FM109 KS kit?

For what it's worth on mine the letter was quite low on the fork leg , I had to roll the bike to find
it as it was only visible through the brake rotor slots . Peter

View attachment 17788 View attachment 17789 Just received and installed my new GTM 2WS shocks today.

What a difference.
Of course it’s raining again here in Auckland but first ride definitely shows what the Custom was missing.

Have now modded both front and back with these and the Matris fork kit from Todd

I know these are the budget versions but best I can afford with the $NZ
Currently $NZ1 = $US0.64
And $NZ150 in taxes to land them on $US399

Next up is Todd’s Header system to go with the Agostinis
When the government pays me for my confiscated long arms.
Hi Rick. Did the suspension mods really make the difference now that it’s 2 years on. I’m in the Waikato and have recently got a California 1400 touring. Looking at riding the South Island two up with full panniers. Previously owned litre bikes and two CBR1100xx’s. Cheers Kevin

Hi Rick. Did the suspension mods really make the difference now that it’s 2 years on. I’m in the Waikato and have recently got a California 1400 touring. Looking at riding the South Island two up with full panniers. Previously owned litre bikes and two CBR1100xx’s. Cheers Kevin
Kevin,
I know you have asked Rick the question but I have done the suspension mods on my Eldorado as well (so has my brother on his California touring) all I can say is, totally transformed the handling and ride. No way would I have contemplated a tour two up with luggage with the stock set up. And your pillion will thank you for it.
Cheers, Ron

Back