• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuelling wonkiness ['14 V7 Special]

sashae

Just got it firing!
Hey all,

As I become more and more familiar with my new-to-me '14, I'm trying to suss out things that are "expected behaviors" of the bike vs "this is probably not right."

Symptoms: I've noticed bogginess/what feels like misses at very low engine revs, as well as what [felt like] misses in the 3000-3500rpm range, when getting hard on the throttle after being steady around that rev range. SOME of what I'm feeling on the low end is getting used to dry clutch interplay vs my main wet clutched bike, but it definitely feels 'off' to me. Also felt some idle oddness after 30-40m of riding, so bike was well warm -- symptom was [again] what felt like uneven/missing idle, and slightly higher idle than normal [closer to 1500rpm.] The weird behaviors of the bike worsened as the bike got hot, so wasn't due to the bike being cold.

What I know:
* The battery is likely in need of replacement. I had an issue a week or so ago where I didn't have it on a tender overnight, and the bike wouldn't start -- it actually got stuck in the 'turning over' cycle with the kill switch turned on after the starter was pressed. Turned off the kill switch, still kept trying to start -- had to turn off the ignition as well. Put the battery on the tender overnight and it's been starting uneventfully since, and restarts after being ridden easily.
* Not sure of age of the plugs or plug wires. Bike has ~23k miles.
* I haven't been cold warming the bike at all -- I haven't experienced issues with rideability at all right after start.

I am inclined to replace the battery first as I'm assuming that's related to some of the gremlins, but not sure how much of the rest could be attributed to 'yeah that's normal' vs 'start throwing parts at it.'

Appreciate folks' thoughts.

If you read some of issues here on your model you'll see the plug caps and wires are subject of fault.
It usually Idles at 1200rpm but can be higher at times. Single throttle body idles higher.
I would set valves & tune it first, reset parameters & such may make it run better.
When was it tuned & inspected last?

This has likely been covered a few dozen times here. Since you don't seem to want to search and read at all, and make it like this is the first time any one has had such an issue... ;) -- Per what Steve states above about service/tune and TPS reset, all critical for good running outside of a solid battery... once sorted, see the reviews here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

I adjusted the valves, replaced the plugs and plug caps. The right side was very tight on the exhaust (.14 intake / .15 exhaust) and the plug showed some fouling. Readjusted to .15/.20 on both sides and initial returns are positive... seemed more even/less lumpy in throttle response. Going to ride more extensively tomorrow than my 10m twilight loop and see how we are doing.

Forgive the open-ended questions, i’ve read very extensively but seemingly some oddments between the various model years. More to come,

Back