• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cali 1400 Custom Windshield

John Symchik

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello All,

Beginning the process of getting my new 1400 Custom to fit me better.

It's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be many options for the custom that are cheap. I'm tempted to try the small Guzzi flyscreen for $249 from Harpers, but suspect it won't do all that much.

What does anyone here think of this:

nationalcycle.com/n25001.html

Does it look doable and has anyone tried it. Seems like a good size. Their U clamps are 1" while the bars measure just under 1 and 1/8". So I'll have to deal with that. Maybe a long shot but I figured I'd ask. THe wind can really nail you in the chest on the highway.

Thanks

John

I was lucky enough to pick up one of these Maier universal windshields right when they quit making them. It could stand being an inch taller, otherwise coverage is pretty good IMO. They have had other models similiar, so you might take a look at their factory webpage...

Jim
1018201550 HDR 0828191310 HDR

Wind shield Shield
Hello All,

Beginning the process of getting my new 1400 Custom to fit me better.

It's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be many options for the custom that are cheap. I'm tempted to try the small Guzzi flyscreen for $249 from Harpers, but suspect it won't do all that much.

What does anyone here think of this:

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n25001.html

Does it look doable and has anyone tried it. Seems like a good size. Their U clamps are 1" while the bars measure just under 1 and 1/8". So I'll have to deal with that. Maybe a long shot but I figured I'd ask. THe wind can really nail you in the chest on the highway.

Thanks

John
Hey there John, I also have a custom and always enjoyed more of the naked look of a bike, but I also like small fairings and wind screens that compliment. Your idea with the wind shield seems quite doable, depends how handy you are. I made myself a small wind screen that works quite well in keeping the wind off the chest area. There are a lot of options out there. Skip

I installed a National Cycle Deflector shield this morning before work. Im going to perfect it a little but man what a difference. 90mph is no problem now. Takes almost all pressure off my chest. I ducked down a bit behind it and have to admit I see the attraction of a bigger windshield. Was totally quiet and buffet free. Im really happy as is but might buy the Street Shield too which is bigger and buy the hardware to try the Deflector on my V7.
On tge California you have to buy the clamps for the 1.25" bars and tape up the area under the clamp so its tight. The next size down is 1" and I measured the bars at 1.1". So thats the way I solved it. Once I get tge right material it should be undetectable. For $130 I'm thrilled. Ill post pics up tomorrow.

I installed a National Cycle Deflector shield this morning before work. Im going to perfect it a little but man what a difference. 90mph is no problem now. Takes almost all pressure off my chest. I ducked down a bit behind it and have to admit I see the attraction of a bigger windshield. Was totally quiet and buffet free. Im really happy as is but might buy the Street Shield too which is bigger and buy the hardware to try the Deflector on my V7.
On tge California you have to buy the clamps for the 1.25" bars and tape up the area under the clamp so its tight. The next size down is 1" and I measured the bars at 1.1". So thats the way I solved it. Once I get tge right material it should be undetectable. For $130 I'm thrilled. Ill post pics up tomorrow.

John look forward to your pictures.I have a 2020 Eldorado and have found that the stock windscreen brackets have been discontinued.Still trying to hunt something stock down but I may end up going your route.AF1 said the 1400 parts are starting to be discontinued so I feel like time is the enemy if I don't find something in stock somewhere.Love the bike but really need a windscreen to further enjoy the ride.

I post pics tomorrow for sure now. Thats something else on the parts. It seems like everything I like turns to shit. Im so in love with this bike and looking forward to years of enjoyment. It really is a nice bike, but this type of situation gives me a stomach ache. Why the hell would they cut production so fast. Not like they only made it for a year. Id like to get a list together of some parts to buy now in anticipation of need in the future. But who knows what will and wont break. God bless the people pushing these emissions laws to the limit. I guess its probably going to all be over anyway in 20 years. Now that I've discovered Guzzi I worry they'll get pushed out of existence shortly. How much longer can they meet the emissions regs. But I guess thats the goal, regulate everything out of existence.

Last edited:
Here's some pictures. What you see is as vertical as you can adjust given the reach available of the adjustable bars. That's probably fine because its nearly vertical now. As I said these clamps are 1.25" so I taped under them. They're plenty strong like this but my OCD hates the gap that you can see if you look for it. Im going to buy 1" clamps and just see what happens. Theres other arrangements you can make with tge clamps, but keeping them as far to the inside as possible, so far, looks neatest to me. Like I said, as is Im very happy. If I can improve upon it all the better.

Attachments

• 20210408_110846.jpg
    20210408_110846.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210408_110911.jpg
    20210408_110911.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210408_110931.jpg
    20210408_110931.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210408_110942.jpg
    20210408_110942.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 65
^ I believe this windshield on mine is almost identical to yours and although it did a good job of taking the blast
of cold air off my chest , the moment it warmed up it was gone . That thing was truly deafening ! I'm 5'11" .
Peter

^ I believe this windshield on mine is almost identical to yours and although it did a good job of taking the blast
of cold air off my chest , the moment it warmed up it was gone . That thing was truly deafening ! I'm 5'11" .
Peter

Maybe because I'm 5'7" or something else, but mine doesn't bother me with regard to noise. It's is definitely quieter than without it. There are so many variables too. Helmet choice seems to make a big difference. I might to conditioned differently too. My bike progression as a relatively new rider is DRZ400(dualsport), R1150GS (noisy no matter what a famous for it), SV650 (totally naked), S1000RR (Noise, fear, blurred vision, is all part of the idea), V7 (naked) and now this California.

So I've never been exposed to a fully protected bike.

So I just came back from a 7 degree C ride and had installed the windshield to help prevent hypothermia ( jeez that's cold )
and surprisingly enough it didn't seem nearly as noisy . However I made a set of wind deflectors for my hands , maybe these
helped lessen the wind noise , as you mentioned , many factors . FWIW I wear an HJC jet pilot helmet , pretty quiet by itself .
Peter

So I just came back from a 7 degree C ride and had installed the windshield to help prevent hypothermia ( jeez that's cold )
and surprisingly enough it didn't seem nearly as noisy . However I made a set of wind deflectors for my hands , maybe these
helped lessen the wind noise , as you mentioned , many factors . FWIW I wear an HJC jet pilot helmet , pretty quiet by itself .
Peter

I bought the national cycle hand deflectors N5521 this year - very effective. Previously I used to use a special pair of thick gloves for the start of the season up here. Now I can use my thin leather summer gloves with no complaints - must be a canadian thing ;)

Here's some pictures. What you see is as vertical as you can adjust given the reach available of the adjustable bars. That's probably fine because its nearly vertical now. As I said these clamps are 1.25" so I taped under them. They're plenty strong like this but my OCD hates the gap that you can see if you look for it. Im going to buy 1" clamps and just see what happens. Theres other arrangements you can make with tge clamps, but keeping them as far to the inside as possible, so far, looks neatest to me. Like I said, as is Im very happy. If I can improve upon it all the better.

nationalcycle.com/n25044.html
Thanks for those pics John.I take it this is the one you installed.I am 6'4" so the height is of some concern.But at the price point it may work better then nothing.With just the two clamping points it is very sturdy at hwy speeds?Look forward to seeing if the 1" clamps work better for you.Thanks for the help with this.Just thought of one more thing is yours the light tint or clear?Looks like this is going to be the route I go as AF1 got back to me and they checked and Moto Guzzi has no #s for the original equipment windshield brackets kits but get this they can order each part of the bracket assembly that was 340.00 as a kit but would be over 1200.00 part by part!Man dealers still are selling 2020 1400 stock they have on the floor and the parent company is shutting down parts-Learning fast the joys of owning a Moto Guzzi-LOL.

Last edited:
Following.

I have a line on a 2020 Eldorado and am currently researching accessories......

I like the OEM Guzzi windscreen (plus the side wind deflectors)

At any rate, I'm going to need a windshield

Kevin here is the problem you will need the Tall brackets #605853M if you want to mount the side deflectors or tall/wide windshield.That bracket has been discontinued as I had been trying to get one for 4 months.The other bracket is the Low one #2S000542 which will mount the medium windshield but does not have the side mounts for the deflectors.I have a couple of dealers trying to hunt me down the low bracket before they discontinue that one.All the dealers I have spoke with are very frustrated with Piaggio/Moto Guzzi as they would love to sell these items as there is still a demand.I too just purchased a 2020 Eldorado 4 months ago and as I love riding the bike but it has been a ordeal to get many items.There are some after market options but like you I really want OEM windscreen and will wait before going another route.

Kevin here is the problem you will need the Tall brackets #605853M if you want to mount the side deflectors or tall/wide windshield.That bracket has been discontinued as I had been trying to get one for 4 months.The other bracket is the Low one #2S000542 which will mount the medium windshield but does not have the side mounts for the deflectors.I have a couple of dealers trying to hunt me down the low bracket before they discontinue that one.All the dealers I have spoke with are very frustrated with Piaggio/Moto Guzzi as they would love to sell these items as there is still a demand.I too just purchased a 2020 Eldorado 4 months ago and as I love riding the bike but it has been a ordeal to get many items.There are some after market options but like you I really want OEM windscreen and will wait before going another route.

Right. Might have to leave it as it is. It may be one of the few bikes that I did not "ugly-up" LOL

I have a National Cycle Mohawk small windscreen that I am not using it worked well but I went with a taller Slip Steam Spitfire if anyone wants it give me a call I will run you thru the installation just pay for shipping. 9259634366 my name is Steve it was for the El Dorado

I have a National Cycle Mohawk small windscreen that I am not using it worked well but I went with a taller Slip Steam Spitfire if anyone wants it give me a call I will run you thru the installation just pay for shipping. 9259634366 my name is Steve it was for the El Dorado

Steve that is a very nice offer,How were you able to get the fork clamps to mount around the Eldorado with its large upper fork covers?Also does the SlipStream handle bar mounts fit well to the 1.1" Eldorado handlebars.That set up looks interesting as it is taller then the Mohawk.I did call and left you a message.Thanks Gene.

I found a tall bracket kit but I'm being told you can't mount it on the Eldorado unless you have the sport light bar installed?? Is that true? This is like some sadistic puzzle torture.

Back