• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Aftermarket Passenger Floor Boards

John L

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Wow! that's nice. Does your passenger feel as though the floor boards are a big improvement over the pegs? Basically are they worth the money? Thanks.

Hi Clayton, are they worth the money? to be honest probably not, ($1100 here in Oz but probably cheaper in the US), but after my wife had a ride on the back of a friends Boulevard a while back with foot boards I had to promise any new bike would have them, she loves them. I think they cost so much because they are adjustable to 4 positions but really it's more of a gimmick than useful I think. They have a range of about 2.5 inches from full forward to full back, but at full forward they are too close to the back off my legs when I put my feet down so we only use them pushed full back. A friend was looking at putting them on his Cali but in the full back position they are level with the join between muffler and pipe and with hard cases and guard rails this puts them well under the guard rail so you'll loose about 1/3 of them, that's why I have the soft panniers on the Eldorado. They only fold up in the full forward position which isn't a problem in itself and they have a cover plate that covers most of the mechanism when folded up but the cover plates foul the mufflers when folded down and I haven't found a way round it yet so I have left them off. Even with the cover plate I think they look ugly folded up even worse without it, so I leave them down all the time. But after all that a happy wife is a happy life so hopefully that helps mate.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 102
John, thanks for the reply and the pictures. You are correct, they look better down than up. Very classy looking bike, those bags give it a nice retro look, good choice.

I purchased a used set and did not like them as my short legs were against them up or down. As John said they get partially blocked by the saddlebag guards on my Tour. The ladyfriend wanted floorboards though. I then purchased a set of Goldwing GL1200 floorboards and fabricated mounts, not easy, to put them on the Guzzi using the Guzzi board mounts for reference. Actually came out not bad but I still was not a fan of them and the ladyfriend has hip problems and can't get on the bike so I have removed them again. I sold the Guzzi boards and I am keeping these for now untill I sell the Tour. If she isn't going to ride i would rather have a sport tourer like a Norge or similar. And now I am completely off topic.

That's a good idea. A nice flat black would almost make them disappear behind the Moto Guzzi eagle. Any of you guys that are running rear floorboards ever thought about making highway pegs out of the passenger pegs you removed? My wife won't let me spend the money on floorboards for her (she normally rider her own bike) so I have always thought that matching highway pegs would be cool. The trick is getting someone to relinquish a set.

Painting them black is a good idea, if I can find a way to fit the cover plates I will give it a go. Highway pegs would be cool, I thought of mounting a set on the engine bars but would need longer legs than mine to get around the cylinders.

I purchased a used set and did not like them as my short legs were against them up or down. As John said they get partially blocked by the saddlebag guards on my Tour. The ladyfriend wanted floorboards though. I then purchased a set of Goldwing GL1200 floorboards and fabricated mounts, not easy, to put them on the Guzzi using the Guzzi board mounts for reference. Actually came out not bad but I still was not a fan of them and the ladyfriend has hip problems and can't get on the bike so I have removed them again. I sold the Guzzi boards and I am keeping these for now untill I sell the Tour. If she isn't going to ride i would rather have a sport tourer like a Norge or similar. And now I am completely off topic.

Hi Rudy, when you had the floorboards did you find the cover plates fouled the mufflers when folded down or is it just me?

I do not remember any problems with the exhaust being in the way. I just looked for any photos of them on and I don't have any. Probably because I had them mounted about a week or less and never rode with them. These are the GoldWing boards mounted. You can buy these almost new off eBay for $50 but making a mount that fits correctly is a bit odd due to Guzzi not making the inside of the mount squared off. No photos of them flipped up but if I was to leave them on I would buy the chrome covers they make for the underside.

Attachments

• IMG_5548.JPG
    IMG_5548.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5549.JPG
    IMG_5549.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5550.JPG
    IMG_5550.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 52
I do not remember any problems with the exhaust being in the way. I just looked for any photos of them on and I don't have any. Probably because I had them mounted about a week or less and never rode with them. These are the GoldWing boards mounted. You can buy these almost new off eBay for $50 but making a mount that fits correctly is a bit odd due to Guzzi not making the inside of the mount squared off. No photos of them flipped up but if I was to leave them on I would buy the chrome covers they make for the underside.

Look really neat, nice job.

Kuryakyn "Heavy Industry" in black

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_102741539.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102741539.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210406_102736711.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102736711.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210406_102732157.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102732157.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210406_102720850.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102720850.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20210406_102713997.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102713997.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210406_102708207.jpg
    IMG_20210406_102708207.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 60
Were these a straight 'bolt on' or did you have to get/fabricate specific mounting brackets?

They make a lot of adapters, There could be an even better choice? I found these to be the closest fit.

I used two rubber washers a one S.S. washer to get a tight fit.

I used this double-sided carpet tape (leaving the peel-off paper on, on one side of the tape) to line the inside of the adapter receiver area. (This I did to make this "reversible", should I want to go back to original set-up.)

After determining the exact positioning desired, I put the adapters in with OEM pins/c-clips and filled the voids around adapters with epoxy putty. This eliminates the limited undesired horizontal rotation.

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_085459302.jpg
    IMG_20210415_085459302.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210407_133417480.jpg
    IMG_20210407_133417480.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210407_133422698.jpg
    IMG_20210407_133422698.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back