• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Balancing the Throttle Bodies

Ray1150

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
So, after stripping the bike down looking for an electrical fault on the loom that wasn't there including disturbing the tps I found there was no tickover.
Following both the manual and Mikes excellent youtube video I set up the injectors again.
It's still not right although I've done it a few times, the main problem is that it runs for a bit and then spits and stops.

Am I missing something obvious here, all the components are working and the injectors are balanced and set as instructed.

First Essex MGOC meeting this weekend in a long time, looks like we'll be on the Sport.

Any bright ideas anyone?

Balance Injectors? Never hear of this. Do you mean balance the throttle bodies? Is the TPS value correct? Is the TPS functioning properly? You need software to read the TPS degrees open and to see if it changes reading smoothly as you open the throttle.

Sorry, throttle bodies, TPS has the correct resistance 680 ohms and is set @150mv with the throttles completely closed.
What software would you recommend John, does Todd sell it?
I remember in 2010 I bought something off him when I had a Stelvio to set the TPS.

Sorry, throttle bodies, TPS has the correct resistance 680 ohms and is set @150mv with the throttles completely closed.
What software would you recommend John, does Todd sell it?
I remember in 2010 I bought something off him when I had a Stelvio to set the TPS.

Unfortunately the V10 uses a different ECU from the Stelvio. If you purchased the Pro version of the software it will work. If you purchased the single ECU version, it will not. You may need to go to a dealer to hook up software unless you can find someone with the Techno Researce Pro version of software either Alaris, or Centurion.

I serviced 6 V10's in Daytona & Centaur trim back in IL. No software used, software makes it easier is all. They like to the + of 150mv, I set all Guzzi's at 165 cuz they simply run better. Air screws should be around 3/4 turns out, both the exact same w/clean bodies. You balance your rpm up where you like it, then w/an insulated small screwdriver set your idle mixture. Screw is next to chip in ECU through the opening. I use a Colortune to get perfect mixture flame color. If idle goes up & smooths out, re-sync bodies back down where you like it. I can not remember the mv I used to set idle at. Took too long to poke into wiring & find out.
Another member here has a V10, Scott. Ought to be pretty good at it too. I didn't get my TechnoResearch Pro till 07, which made my life way easier. Good luck w/it. Stock they had like a dead spot on idle that would make them die, you can tune this out of it (almost) by using mix screw & air bypass screws. Most of the ones I serviced had a hot chip & no airbox.

Thanks guys, sounds like I'm doing everything right just got to keep fiddling with it. I'll try 165 on the TPS tho'.

What chip is in the ECU? Will Creedon's excellent and well proven C5 chip is still available directly from Will. I've had his chips since day 1 in both of my Centauros.

Will is over on COG (The Centauro Owners Group forum) which has very light traffic nowadays, but it still frequented by a few of us here and Will does respond to Private Messages sent to him there. His username is his name, Will Creedon.

There are also tune up posts and lots of info to help you along. If you have a specific question or need, PM me here at Guzzi Tech and I'll get back to you.

(Just checked previous conversations and somehow we got lost in the mix, you and I Ray. So sorry! If you need help, PM me and I'll get right back with you). I will check the conversation manually for a few days to see if you respond. Hopefully it will notify me correctly this time!)

Hello Scott, thanks for the pm, when I was stripping the bikes electrics previously I found notes written on the underside of the ecu. Turns out when the bike was new it was chipped by a bike shop about 20 miles away I'd not heard of, looked them up and they're still there offering dyno services. Until I buggered it up I wasn't unhappy with the way the bike runs. (I'm on the COG too, as you say light use these days.)

I finally got her running right again, set the tps @ 150 (-165) mv, DO NOT set the initial tick over as recommended, back the tickover screws off. Spend some time making sure the bodies are as balanced as you can get them and then wind out the idle screws 3/4 of a turn and set the tick over using the connecting bar adjuster. Use hylomar (or similar) on all joints to make sure it's not drawing air from where it shouldn't.
I seem to keep learning things the hard way with the V10, hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I'm English......................actually.......................:D

Back