• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Red Code Card

I was able to speak with the original owner who indicated he never changed the code. Yet, 00000 doesn’t work. The mystery continues.

I was able to speak with the original owner who indicated he never changed the code. Yet, 00000 doesn’t work. The mystery continues.

Looks like you are stuck in that case.

I would suggest going locksmith route to try getting key cloned. If that doesn't work then either you make sure NOT TO LOOSE original key ever or use services of Carmo from NL only.

Agree. Been in touch with Carmo NE. Although not guaranteed, they think they can extract the code from the “clock” (their word) and program all keys. Although I’m nervous about sending my dash and my only working key to the Netherlands, I do want it right. Which leads me to my next question:

How to remove the dash. I’ve already removed the windshield and it’s bracket. Do I disconnect battery then simply remove the three philips screws from the back of the gauge, slide it out and unplug the harness?

D’oh! Search function gave me my answer. Looks like I’ll be going the Carmo, NE route. Hopefully will wind up with a couple of working keys and a user code....and a considerably thinner wallet.

Last edited:
Looks like I’ll be going the Carmo, NE route. Hopefully will wind up with a couple of working keys and a user code....and a considerably thinner wallet.

I know it can be a little nerve-racking to send such a valuable piece of your motorcycle off into the unknown. I had good results with Carmo Electronics. I would have preferred to NOT need them or better yet have a dealer/manufacturer who had a clue as how to "reboot" the dash to OEM specifications but that is not the reality.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks RV. Nervously packed up my dash and keys and sent them off to Carmo today. Tracking the package every step of the way. Not easy to send off the brain of a bike that runs so nicely...so far away.

A shame the user code was lost. Looking forward to having it all back together with two working keys and hopefully a user code. In the meantime I have a couple weeks to clean and polish every square inch.

A word of advice for anyone new to late model MG’s. If you’re shopping for a bike and the seller doesn’t know the user code...especially if he only has one key...keep shopping. She may be beautiful and easy on the eyes, but beneath the surface lurks a headache. Fixing that headache is a PITA but at least it can be fixed.

Last edited:
A word of advice for anyone new to late model MG’s. If you’re shopping for a bike and the seller doesn’t know the user code...especially if he only has one key...keep shopping.

OR....... explain to the owner what a problem this can be to get sorted out and make an offer $400 below what asking price to compensate for the expense to send dash off to Carmo Electronics. In other words, be an informed buyer.

Back