• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone Ever Put a Top Box On a 1400 Eldorado ?

Kevin Ballowe

Tuned and Synch'ed
I was looking at accessories for the Eldorado 1400, and found the MG rear rack (carrier) and wondered if anyone else had one of these.

51130557940_2be9f8c3a4_z.jpg

I was thinking that one might mount one of those quick-release top box to this.

What do you think ???

:)

That looks just like the one on my Touring. The MG top box mounts to it easily via the four holes in the luggage portion.

I was looking at accessories for the Eldorado 1400, and found the MG rear rack (carrier) and wondered if anyone else had one of these.

51130557940_2be9f8c3a4_z.jpg

What do you think ???

See Meldrew’s posts, also I believe the rack for the Eldorado is different to the Touring, just check.
They both accept the quick release top box, OEM (made by Shad, and is a cheaper option), Givi or Kappa.

What do you think ???

First time I have seen a dedicated rack for the Eldo, rear section looks exactly the same as the Cali one so the Guzzi (made by Shad) top box would fit no problems. If you ride solo it is also possible to mount the Cali topbox to the rack under the Eldo pillion seat. The back rest is too far away though to be able to be used as a rider backrest.

Eldo1f

That looks just like the one on my Touring. The MG top box mounts to it easily via the four holes in the luggage portion.

The one you have on your California Touring Model does not have the mount plate for the separate passenger seat. I like the one shown by Kevin better as I don't have any passengers and it looks like it would be possible to mount a top box further forward so the driver could use it as a backrest.

I was looking at accessories for the Eldorado 1400, and found the MG rear rack (carrier) and wondered if anyone else had one of these.:)

Yes, MG sells two top boxes that will fit. Or, any number of SHAD or GIVI top boxes can be adapted to fit.

(FYI: the smaller top box sold by Moto Guzzi is a SHAD product, but it not sold by SHAD.)

Thanks for the reply , for the life of me I couldn't find where they would bolt to on my 2018 Eldorado . Peter

Thanks for the reply , for the life of me I couldn't find where they would bolt to on my 2018 Eldorado . Peter

I fitted a Cali rack to my Eldo in 2015 when there was nothing specifically available for the Eldo. There are two nuts welded to the sub frame under the mudguard either side of the brace that the brackets for the rack bolt to.

IMG 0037

There is a specific rack for the Eldo which has additional brackets to clear the rear fender. DON'T buy the standard MG rack for the touring or custom as it will not fit without modifications.

Here's the part number for you
Part number 2S000541, https://goo.gl/images/qvN5Vj.
They are in short supply so don't hang about if you want one. TLM in the Netherlands have one in stock or failing that speak to Todd, he could maybe fabricate you something but possibly not viable for a 'one off'.

^ That image is the same as the earlier one posted , and of course has nothing to do with the Eldorado model . Peter

Upload 2021 4 23 17 8 24
Well try this one then Peter. The other picture is the correct rack but just doesn't show the additional brackets. Having this item and had it fitted I can confirm it is the correct part number and part. Only trying to help the OP out

Back