• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Air cleaner.... Ugggggggggg

Paul, you can change to subtitle in English or what ever language you like. Click onto Setting icon a little round cog, then select subtitles CC and then select auto translate. A list of languages will be displayed. Select your preferred language and Bob's your Uncle. Hope this helps.

This is the result of this stupid philosophy that manufacturers have used for the last 15 years where “style” takes precedence over “function.”

Dumbest motorcycle idea ever...

This is one of the reasons i love older motorcycles. Most are considerably easier to work on, especially Moto Guzzi, because the engineers and mechanics were taken into primary consideration in the design process.

I take it no one here has changed a air filter on a goldwing before. I mean it's only a 4 hour or so job where you pretty much have to remove the tank and trim no big deal

Last edited:
I take it no one here has changed a air filter on a goldwing before. I mean it's only a 4 hour or so job where you pretty much have to remove the tank and trim no big deal

I suffer Goldwings all the time. I have a 1999 and a 2005 in my shop now and I tell you truthfully, they are the last. I’m done with them! When did 1000+ lbs curb weight sound like a good idea for a fricking motorcycle? Idiotic.

If I could, I’d shove the banana yellow 2005 GL1800 right up its owner’s you know what! TWICE.

The Goldwing is an engineering disaster at best but it’s the Goldwing owners that I can no longer stand.

Rudest, most demanding, self-centered, unreasonable bunch of people I have ever encountered. Consistently so with that motorcycle.

All are convinced that their bike is perfect and it’s just all bad mechanics that work too slow for them. They believe everything on that bike should only take 30 minutes or so to fix. LMAO.

To get to the carbs on a Goodwing so that you can actually begin to remove them (an additional 2.5 hour nightmare) takes 5 hours of painstakingly tedious and super careful body work removal and dismantling of virtually almost everything on the main motorcycle body including about 25 vacuum lines and connectors. The pieces of the bike spread around the shop like cancer!

Oh, and don’t forget a CANbus with 45+ damn button radio and communication crap that gets corrosion and dirt where nothing no longer functions as you struggle to determine, if and all, which contact is locking up the CANbus.

Yes indeed, last ones I’ll ever touch, so those customers around me, and there are a lot, are going to be up the creek without a paddle because no dealer will touch a 10+ year old Goldwing at all around here and I totally understand why.

I hate Goldwings!

Last edited:
when I upgraded to Todd's fuel and full exhaust package I put in a UNI Filter UP-6300AST and routed the breather tube into a small bottle this also frees up space where the old filter box was I don't know if the filter exchange would work without changing fuel and exhaust

One company's poor design does not justify the poor design of another company.
I agree it shouldn't take long for a simple item however I would rather spend an hour than 4 if given the option. The air filter on my triumph rocket was the easiest one that I have ever done

"Scott" for a while there I thought you were talking about BMW owners ;) . Well that was my experience
a few decades ago at a few of the shops I worked in . Loved your post . Peter

I suffer Goldwings all the time. I have a 1999 and a 2005 in my shop now and I tell you truthfully, they are the last. I’m done with them! When did 1000+ lbs curb weight sound like a good idea for a fricking motorcycle? Idiotic.

If I could, I’d shove the banana yellow 2005 GL1800 right up its owner’s you know what! TWICE.

The Goldwing is an engineering disaster at best but it’s the Goldwing owners that I can no longer stand.

Rudest, most demanding, self-centered, unreasonable bunch of people I have ever encountered. Consistently so with that motorcycle.

All are convinced that their bike is perfect and it’s just all bad mechanics that work too slow for them. They believe everything on that bike should only take 30 minutes or so to fix. LMAO.

To get to the carbs on a Goodwing so that you can actually begin to remove them (an additional 2.5 hour nightmare) takes 5 hours of painstakingly tedious and super careful body work removal and dismantling of virtually almost everything on the main motorcycle body including about 25 vacuum lines and connectors. The pieces of the bike spread around the shop like cancer!

Oh, and don’t forget a CANbus with 45+ damn button radio and communication crap that gets corrosion and dirt where nothing no longer functions as you struggle to determine, if and all, which contact is locking up the CANbus.

Yes indeed, last ones I’ll ever touch, so those customers around me, and there are a lot, are going to be up the creek without a paddle because no dealer will touch a 10+ year old Goldwing at all around here and I totally understand why.

I hate Goldwings!

I love mine!.The new GW is 10x better than the previous gen! It's a great compliment to my MG and Duc!
99439967 4349356685089326 7284197884713500672 n 123172856 5110770755614578 6796196497935511244 n 37079250 1966318603392419 1753786540259016704 o

We all thought we have it bad, someone asked on a forum how to change the air filter on a '97 Nevada, the filter is the blue line in the pic, and this is the answer......
Remove tank and panels and seat
remove /loosen exhaust system
jack under engine , remove front bolts, loosen rear ( frame bolts)
lower jack .
change filter .

Attachments

• nevada.jpg
    nevada.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 15

I hate Goldwings!
hmm I'm a little unclear, how do you feel about Goldwings?

I love mine!.The new GW is 10x better than the previous gen!

You won't love it in 10 years when everything starts going to hell in a hand basket and nobody wants to work on it because owners won't pay for the time it takes hours just to unbury the stuff to figure out what needs to be fixed.

It should be a law that all Goldwings must be crushed at 8 years of age.

You won't love it in 10 years when everything starts going to hell in a hand basket and nobody wants to work on it because owners won't pay for the time it takes hours just to unbury the stuff to figure out what needs to be fixed.

It should be a law that all Goldwings must be crushed at 8 years of age.

LOL!..After eight years there will be a couple hundred thousand mile on them and be ready to be crushed!...If only Todd would make some maintenance/repair videos about the California like this guy Fred Harmon does for the GW 1833. I would buy them without hesitation..For DOUBLE the price!
TODD!..are ya listening?....https://vimeo.com/ondemand/wingstuff

Last edited:
^^ That was an impressive display until I saw the Ural . God those things are unattractive ( notice the understatement Todd ?) :) . Peter

Hurtful!

I love my Ural. It makes me smile every time I drive her and I think she’s beautiful in a Swiss Army knife sort of way.

Yeah, occasionally she has “issues” but I’ve learned how to own a Ural now, (4 years later), and I always have a blast riding her!

I will tell you that no motorcycle I have ever owned garners so many smiles and waves and people just come running up from every direction to look at her and ask questions.

Sidecars make you smile!

Well , truth be told , the last time I saw a Ural , the owner had his larger dog in it wearing matching goggles , couldn't help but smile .
That was in Vancouver ,B.C .
And yes they do make even me smile , I did custom installs of a couple of sidecars while working in different shops in Ottawa , Ontario.
Road tests were always a gas , mostly from the terrified pedestrians that stood close to the curbs . Those right hand curbs were always too close to the sidecar :D . Peter

Back