• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Windscreen for Eldorado 1400

Tonyblaze

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Is there anyplace where you still can get a windscreen for the Eldorado 1400 for an outrageous price instead of the other worldly prices I'm seeing now? I thought that keeping it under $1,000.00 USD would be reasonable but I'm seeing that I am sorely mistaken.

I thought that keeping it under $1,000.00 USD would be reasonable but I'm seeing that I am sorely mistaken.

AF1 is still showing a kit:
af1racing.com/OEM-Moto-Guzzi-Medium-Screen-for-EldoCali-Custom

They also show a sport screen kit:
af1racing.com/OEM-Moto-Guzzi-Sport-Screen-Kit

You can try doing searches using part numbers and see what comes back.
Lower brackets: 2S000542
Sport screen for lower brackets: 2S000548
Medium screen for lower brackets: 2S000544

Standard brackets: 605853M
Standard screen: 605854M
Wide screen for standard brackets: 2S000547
Medium screen for standard brackets: 2S000546

Dave

Tony I would not wait too long if you are going the OEM route.I tried for 4 months to get the tall brackets only to find out they have been discontinued.Only bracket I could find was the lower one and I had to get it from the Netherlands.Was told these are not going to be made anymore.You can piece meal all the parts but it adds up to about 3-4 times the cost of the kits.Since the 1400's are discontinued it looks like Guzzi is wasting no time cutting off some parts.Once my bracket gets here I am looking at getting a Clearview recurve windshield which is about half the price of OEM.Good luck with your search.

Tony I would not wait too long if you are going the OEM route.I tried for 4 months to get the tall brackets only to find out they have been discontinued.Only bracket I could find was the lower one and I had to get it from the Netherlands.Was told these are not going to be made anymore.You can piece meal all the parts but it adds up to about 3-4 times the cost of the kits.Since the 1400's are discontinued it looks like Guzzi is wasting no time cutting off some parts.Once my bracket gets here I am looking at getting a Clearview recurve windshield which is about half the price of OEM.Good luck with your search.

Yea, looks like all of the brackets on the planet have been taken. Even on the websites that I can't read the language they are sold out. Somehow this is my life...

Yea, looks like all of the brackets on the planet have been taken. Even on the websites that I can't read the language they are sold out. Somehow this is my life...

I feel your pain My lower brackets took 5 weeks to get through customs from the Netherlands.My next problem is there are only two windscreens that fit the lower brackets.Small and medium.Wanted the medium for height but none to be found so I got the last small from AF1 as I was told they can get no more windscreens in any size.It helps a bit for chest wind blast but I will be sending it up to Clearview shields to see if they can fab a taller/wider recurve screen for me.Nothing I saw after market looked nice to me.

Gene this is Steve from Pleasanton I will be in Carson City tomorrow the 23rd I lost your phone number if you want to hook up so you can check out Todd's exhaust system give me a call 9259634366

Clearview windshields look nice and it so happens I have an additional full set of A1 condition brackets surplus to requirements.
Do I keep them as spares or let them go, decisions decisions.

Found one in Netherlands through TLM. Ordered. Waited a month and half to get here which is good considering. Opened box like a child at Christmas to find rust spots on the chrome frame. My life...

2021 06 19 141541 2021 06 19 141534

That's a bummer, I've got a full mounting kit in perfect condition which is surplus to requirements (possibly not what you want to hear) that I was going to sell.

Found one in Netherlands through TLM. Ordered. Waited a month and half to get here which is good considering. Opened box like a child at Christmas to find rust spots on the chrome frame. My life...

View attachment 22467 View attachment 22468
If TLM agree to a price reduction or refund, rather than returning it you could always have it powdercoated, more durable.

Worked out a deal with TLM that I can tolerate on a price reduction, went to install the screen and found that I'm missing parts. The four rubber washers that the screen rests on aren't in the box. This has to be some kind of spiritual test. I'm failing badly...

Available in the uk £1.88 each, if you can't get them drop me a message and I'll try and order for you if you want. Postage should be neglible. Would've thought something similar should be available from a local hardware store. Glad TLM sorted you a price you were happy with

Available in the uk £1.88 each, if you can't get them drop me a message and I'll try and order for you if you want. Postage should be neglible. Would've thought something similar should be available from a local hardware store. Glad TLM sorted you a price you were happy with

Meldrew, I'm thinking your right that I can probably source them here locally. I'll just cart the screen around to a couple places to ensure the fit.

Back