• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SOLVED ... V9 Roamer Oil LEAK, Fork Mess Repair

silly mistakes are the best and worst kind of problem.

worst, cause they didn't have to happen in the first place. best, cause the solution is simple.

if the small block 'real gasket' part fits a V9, they've worked well for me.

realgaskets.com/product/valve-cover-gasket-33/

DAYUM !
So how much Oil did the engine lose ?

Still seemed full but I do not really know the procedure to check oil. Tllted on the side stand, it showed full just pushed down on top of the threads. Just rode it two-up this morning and absolutely no issues.

As long as the gasket re-use with the sealant, I am not taking it off. Am ordering a new gasket but no hurry as I just did the valve adjustments.

Key to the major mistake is no visible spitting at idle. There was nothing to see or really feel. Many others besides me looked while the engine was running. One fellow took a short and slow ride, noticing nothing. You had to rev it up and then....

Oh well. Wish "one in a million" would bring me money instead of costing me.

As for that one grouper caught inside Tampa Bay, I caught 3 more for a two person limit in just a couple hours. Been doing that for decades here.

You must be getting some crankcase pressure to squirt oil out that far. Check the breather system. There should not be oil under pressure under the valve cover. You should be getting just enough to lubricate the rockers and valve stems, and the rest should drain back to the sump with little to no pressure at the valve cover.

Do you eat the cheeks from a large grouper? There's a nice tender chunk of meat in there.
We got a few large grouper heads from some fisherman on the dock in Miami. My friend was a local diver and underwater photographer. He removed the cheeks and we ate them raw.

Do you eat the cheeks from a large grouper? There's a nice tender chunk of meat in there.
We got a few large grouper heads from some fisherman on the dock in Miami. My friend was a local diver and underwater photographer. He removed the cheeks and we ate them raw.

Been taking and eating cheeks for decades. I used to be an active captain, mostly for grouper fishing. Wrote a weekly newspaper column for fishing and did both seminars and radio shows on how to do it and other fishing things. Got old. Not my fault I pooped out.

Now as to eating the cheeks raw ... not on your life or mine.

If you have read some of my posts, you discover that I am a huge fan of PROVEN chemicals in the engine and mechanic trades.

Had my mind been clear, I would have or perhaps should have, told you the professional way to discover this really fast and inexpensively.

IMG 0455

IMG 0456

This simple and elegant solution has saved me countless hours and tons of money in my workshop. You add this dye to the oil or fuel system, and within minutes, and a inexpensive UV light, you can instantly detect where any oil leak is coming from and what oil it truly is.

This is a photo showing the dye added to the fuel tank of a motorcycle, to diagnose a undetectable fuel leak and smell. Dye showed a microfracture in the metal tank that was invisible to the naked eye. Repair of the area showing the dye, immediately fixed the problem forever. Great stuff.

IMG 0457

Last edited:
Back