• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Non Spec Crash Bars (V7 III on a V7 Classic)

Is this a bad idea

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ValerioGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello Guzzi Lovers

So, I saw someone with my V7 Classic install some V7 Givi TN8202 crash bars which looked awesome. I immediately ordered a pair and then realised they are for the V7 III / V9.

I've decided to give it a go and install as there not a million miles away from the classic guards. However, it has required some rejigging and I've had to file one of the holes so it lines up properly to the frame. I also notice a slight bit of play as the bar isn completely flush on the frame. Also, the right hand side bar is really close to the cylinder head - seems strange.

My head is telling me not to risk it, but my heart is telling me it looks cool so f**k it. Curious what you guys think. Am I being a dum dum and compromising safety for looks?

Pics attached, thanks all and ride safe.

Image 67513089 Image 67506945 Image 67201537 Image 67220737

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. You bought the parts for a bike that has the cylinder heads located slightly differently than yours. Then you ground, drilled, modified them so they can't be returned. Now you want to know if you should use them?

Exactly right. I don't really care about returning them if I'm honest. Not that I have money to burn but I thought I'd try and see if I could fit them on regardless as I prefer the look of the V7/V9 crash bars compared to the ones that are designed for the Classic.

Main concern I have is whether it presents a safety issue and the force travelling through the bars will mess up the frame on impact as its not designed for my model. I'm assuming the answer is yes.

The reason I didn't return them is I have seen these bars fitted onto the exact same V7 Classic as mine so was sure it could be done, as I installed them though I quickly realised I would have to modify the bars slightly to make it work.

Last edited:
Is there a Left and Right side ?
Did you try switching them ?

Now I did...and they fit like a glove :D

This is my first bike so want to make sure I do everything myself. Its not my first stupid question and it won't be my last!

In fact, I think the last time I posted was about not being able to loosen the handlebar clamps because I didn't realise they had little covers over the Allen key bolts haha. Anyway, one of the reasons why I love this forum is its just a wealth of knowledge.

They feel so much more sturdy, definitely no issue with the shock traveling through the bike now.

Every day is a learning day :nerd:

Now I did...and they fit like a glove :D

This is my first bike so want to make sure I do everything myself. Its not my first stupid question and it won't be my last!

In fact, I think the last time I posted was about not being able to loosen the handlebar clamps because I didn't realise they had little covers over the Allen key bolts haha. Anyway, one of the reasons why I love this forum is its just a wealth of knowledge.

They feel so much more sturdy, definitely no issue with the shock traveling through the bike now.

Every day is a learning day :nerd:

There ya go !
Just as long it doesn’t cost me too much to fix what I learned...

Does anyone have the torque specs to tighten the bolt for the Givi tn8202 on the V7III? Some research I have done is showing 50Nm / 36ft-lb. Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 12.05.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 12.05.16 PM.png
    643.3 KB · Views: 8
Yes, factory service manual says 50 Nm, so I would believe that 36 or 37 ft-lb should do.

Back