• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V85TT E4/E5 EVO FUEL KIT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear Todd! For those of us who are running a partial system, do you need our information regarding what we are running similar to the info that was needed for the FT?
Yes, this will be requested via email unless I already have the notes from you. I can't track info like this here. ;)

Good morning,
I'm falling in love with the 85TT travel, and really considering it as my next bike. I'd love to add this kit but I have well noted that it is only available for 19-20 models(EU4) and my local dealer only have the 2021 model.
Will this kit be one day compatible with the 2021? Or is there any potential limitation that won't make it possible for the EU5 model?

Good morning,
I'm falling in love with the 85TT travel, and really considering it as my next bike. I'd love to add this kit but I have well noted that it is only available for 19-20 models(EU4) and my local dealer only have the 2021 model.
Will this kit be one day compatible with the 2021? Or is there any potential limitation that won't make it possible for the EU5 model?
I'm sure todd will reply. I think it will work on the 21 I don't know about the ecu I'm someone will comment

The ECU is different/new compared to the 19/20s, so it will take a little time for the R&D to be done. They are locking the ECU down more and more each year. The way the EVO kit works, I can't imagine it won't become available.

If it's designed by man, it can be broken by man. In due time, especially if the market demands for it, someone will get access to the Euro5 ECU.

While it's a small and lame request, it would be great if there was a way to reset the service icon without going the the dealer.

My Review of the EVO. Installed it along with the SAS kit and did the evap mod. Currently running the GTM Y-Pipe and Meg as well. After installing the EVO, the bike seems to run really well with much improved start up as well as a decrease in popping from the exhaust during down shifts and deceleration. The bike also seems to get better fuel mileage. The only downside to the install is that my check engine light is on. Todd thought it was due to a faulty pigtail on the SAS delete kit and sent me a new one. After installing the new pig tail the light remained on for a while then turned off. The following day the check engine light came back on and has remained on for about 100 miles. Todd has recommended to have the codes read. Not sure what the fix is but it is important to me that this light works as I commute around 60 miles a day and if there is a real issue I need to know about it. The overall performance of the bike with the EVO is much improved and really seems to run well. Ill be taking the bike in to the dealer to have the code read this coming weekend. Hopefully all will be resolved soon and I can enjoy the bike with its improved performance without worry.

Are there any other engine mods available for the 2021? Can they be re mapped with a power commander?
First, congrats on the TT, and welcome the GT Forum. I merged your post with this thread that outlines what is currently available for the V85TT. Read from the top. Always try a search before starting a new thread... see the paragraphs in red at the top of the page.

Are there any other engine mods available for the 2021? Can they be re mapped with a power commander?
Same question from me, having just bought a new 2021 model I am a tiny bit disappointed as it does not run as well as the bike i tested. Maybe as it is still running in ???
It would not pull the skin off a rice pudding bellow 3000 rpm and the roll on throttle is sluggish.

It may be a silly thing to mention, but verify the ride mode you are in. There is a big difference between "rain" and "sport" modes, in terms of power delivery.

__Jason

Can't hurt to check. Some people have no clue how such features work and can't be bothered to look at an owners manual. But, as with troubleshooting any other problem, always have to rule out the simplest stuff first.

As for:

Maybe as it is still running in ???

Not likely. Any power differences before/after break-in should be trivial at best. The most notable item accomplished would be bedding in the piston rings. If you're rings are really out-of-whack, then I would expect you'd be seeing excessive oil consumption as well. A spark plug check might offer a clue about that.

__Jason

Can't hurt to check. Some people have no clue how such features work and can't be bothered to look at an owners manual. But, as with troubleshooting any other problem, always have to rule out the simplest stuff first.

As for:

Not likely. Any power differences before/after break-in should be trivial at best. The most notable item accomplished would be bedding in the piston rings. If you're rings are really out-of-whack, then I would expect you'd be seeing excessive oil consumption as well. A spark plug check might offer a clue about that.

__Jason
I have ordered a V-Twin booster but will be taking the bike back before I fit it as it is as lumpy as f%$k bellow 3000 and a couple of times when accelerating even in higher revs it just cuts out for a nano second. Not good when over taking.

Mr. Poe, it's almost a month. What's the story.
I talked to Andrew recently and him and I have the same issue. Intermittent CEL for no apparent reason. Bike runs phenomenally whether the light is on or off though, so I just ride it.

Cables are on order to pull the fault code so I can hopefully further diagnose the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back