• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin Seat on A 2016 Eldorado

Motorcycle seats are as controversial and hotly disputed as oil threads.

Personally, I hate Corbin saddles. The quality you get for the $$$$$ price you pay, is just ridiculous to me. I honestly don’t find them all that comfortable. I also find their quality control, seriously lacking a great deal.

My Piaggio MP3 400ie I just bought has a custom Corbin and I also received the stock seat from the seller. I prefer the stock seat by a mile. It’s my preference.

My riding buddy has a Stelvio NTX just like me. He absolutely loves his Corbin seat but for me, again I hate it and ride the Moto Guzzi stock saddle which I find to be very comfortable. Go figure...

All I say to people is, Caveat Emptor!

I never responded to your picture above ,'cuz it's almost exactly what I had in mind . I'm building
the base plate for it now . Getting anything like that done here for $80.00 is a pipe dream ! Very
nice job :) . Peter

Peter, I just used the original MG base plate and the upholsterer built up the foam and recovered. No need for a new base plate unless you are going overly large.
Cheers,
Ron

View attachment 15867 View attachment 15868

Well I finally got around to ordering a Corbin for the Eldorado. I choose the bomber jacket look instead of solid black. Very happy how it turned out much more comfortable to ride now. What do you think?

Hi, I plan to order the corbin seat for my eldorado. When I emailed their technical support they asked me to check with my MG dealler if it would fit. In any case wanted to check if this is the seat you ordered corbin.com/motoguzzi/mgc14dte.shtml

thanks
Ashish

Hi, I plan to order the corbin seat for my eldorado. When I emailed their technical support they asked me to check with my MG dealler if it would fit. In any case wanted to check if this is the seat you ordered corbin.com/motoguzzi/mgc14dte.shtml

Yes that is the seat, it is made for the California, I don't think they make one specifically for the Eldo. The Corbin will fit but not with the Eldo grab rail. If you want a grab rail or rack you will have to go Hepco & Becker or a Guzzi California one if you can find one. Todd sells the Hepco & Becker ones in the store, they bolt straight onto the Eldo.

Corbin

Last edited:
^ Would that have anything to do with their poured concrete foam :) ? Peter

Umm... Not sure what that means but my problem with all the aftermarket seat companies is that their pricing is just plain ludicrous. That Corbin saddle starts at $900 and goes up from there. I'm sorry, but no seat is worth that. They act like they make something truly spectacular, and back in the day, 25+ years ago, Corbin made excellent saddles, one at a time, and they lasted for decades. I owned several on my BMW's but then they got big, and everything changed.

Their quality is a fraction of what it used to be and their prices are 5x what they used to be.

Just not for me anymore.

But I like the design on that saddle above. The stitching actually looks nice. Most sticking I see on Corbins, isn't even straight or consistent in the length of the stitch. They are assembled so hastily and with little to no craftsmanship at all. IMHO.

Umm... Not sure what that means but my problem with all the aftermarket seat companies is that their pricing is just plain ludicrous. That Corbin saddle starts at $900 and goes up from there. I'm sorry, but no seat is worth that. They act like they make something truly spectacular, and back in the day, 25+ years ago, Corbin made excellent saddles, one at a time, and they lasted for decades. I owned several on my BMW's but then they got big, and everything changed.

Their quality is a fraction of what it used to be and their prices are 5x what they used to be.

Just not for me anymore.

But I like the design on that saddle above. The stitching actually looks nice. Most sticking I see on Corbins, isn't even straight or consistent in the length of the stitch. They are assembled so hastily and with little to no craftsmanship at all. IMHO.
Can only agree Scott, a good upholsterer can produce an equally good job for a fraction of the price.

I’m not a Corbin fan anymore but that is a handsome rework of the seat.

I agree they are expensive, it took me a long while to bite the bullet and get one. Even with the Cali gel seat i was squirming around after a couple of hours and was using an Airhawk cushion on longer rides, with this so far the Airhawk has been left in the shed.

My Eldorado rider and passenger seats and Utopia backrest are in the Upholsterers to be re-shaped and recovered. I was fortunate enough to obtain a new rider and passenger seat at a good price so can still retain the originals if required. The cost I've been quoted is a fraction of changing to a Corbin and that includes what I paid for the spare seats. Will post pictures when I get them back.

For some historical reference , I had Corbin redo my original Le Mans 2 saddle almost 30 years ago .
It was amazing , tripled the mileage I could comfortably ride . Over the decades it became tattered.
My wife surprised me with a new Corbin saddle for a present a dozen years ago ,Wow, I thought . Within
a few months we simply stopped riding that bike , it had foam that felt like "poured concrete" and
never softened , it literally hurt to be in the saddle for more than an hour at a time . Sure looked good :).
Peter

I've had Corbin saddles on a couple of my bikes. They are firm, no doubt, but well made. The most recent was on my Enfield 650 and it was a great improvement on the stock torture plank. All things considered I think Corbin seats are overpriced. For my new V7III I balked at the over $600 price tag. Just too much.

Many riders rave about them but seats are at least as personal as shoes and what works for one guy may be hell on rails for the next.

That is beautiful! The 3 color stitching is truly spectacular. The person who made them is a highly skilled craftsman indeed.

I love it.
Haven't seen them in 'the flesh' yet, only the pictures but hoping they're as good as they look. Fingers crossed pick up and fit on Monday. No test ride though cos it's lashin down with rain here

Back